Simagic M10

Hi RD

Looking to upgrade my wheel at some point this year. Currently using a T300 with CSL LC pedals on a GT1 Evo.

My plan was to grab a CSL wheel or maybe a CS2.5 but this Simagic unit seems very affordable, especially compared to the cost of a fanatec clubsport base and any of their compatible wheels.

The wheel and quick release look really well built, good features on the buttonbox and plenty of mounting options on the wheelbase itself.

I know it's early days but what would be my main drawbacks considering a relatively new unit like this other than software support?

It looks like the torque figures are much lower than other DD bases, but would it be significantly more detailed than a belt driven unit?

My only experience with DD is a business meeting I had at Vesaro around 5 years ago when I worked at OcUK and it was mind-blowing but I think that opinion was swayed by the simulator as a whole and not just the wheel specifically. (I ran nords in their top of the range setup on the day).

I have only spotted a few videos on YouTube with brief overviews on the Simagic unit so I guess nobody has one in hand yet? I also know nothing about the development of this product or its background

Going off what i have seen on the above video and the unboxing video, am I correct in thinking that the QR on this wheel would be compatible with regular quick release systems from cars? A concern that crossed my mind the other day after I posted the OP was that there is a quick release system for this wheel base but only two wheel variants that the manufacturer ships.

The stock wheel looks great and would work for the majority of the race disciplines I prefer to run but I would like the option to throw on a deep dish wheel for drifting and ignore the use of the built in auto shifters and use a H pattern potentially.

Upvote 0
The advantage is it's like half the price... And includes a decent wheel. Looking like a premium product can only help otherwise, I think.

Well, I'm all in for cheaper options, but I still find it very questionable that they've 100% stolen someone else's design. I don't think it's making them looking very good. It would not have been too hard for them to come up with something else.

Upvote 0
they haven't stolen a design really have they. look at any high torque industrial servo motor, that is exactly what gets used/adapted as the base for most DD wheels of that ilk.

examples

that design has merely been adapted and sold as DD solutions in sim racing which is why it is familiar to you. it has much more widespread applications outside of sim racing.

Upvote 0
Going off what i have seen on the above video and the unboxing video, am I correct in thinking that the QR on this wheel would be compatible with regular quick release systems from cars? A concern that crossed my mind the other day after I posted the OP was that there is a quick release system for this wheel base but only two wheel variants that the manufacturer ships.

The stock wheel looks great and would work for the majority of the race disciplines I prefer to run but I would like the option to throw on a deep dish wheel for drifting and ignore the use of the built in auto shifters and use a H pattern potentially.
The QR on the Simagic is a rebranded D1 Spec QR from a Taiwan manufacturer, with standard 70mm bolt pattern. BTW, if you search Simagic on Chinese e-commerce website Taobao, you'll be surprised by the price at which it's sold in mainland China :roflmao:

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

For how much, really? I'd assume it would be dirt cheap but one Canadian dealer posted link to his site with prices just a hundred or so below SC2 Sport.
That's just crazy, perhaps targeted at someone completely ignorant on current DD wheels market state.

Upvote 0
For how much, really? I'd assume it would be dirt cheap but one Canadian dealer posted link to his site with prices just a hundred or so below SC2 Sport.
That's just crazy, perhaps targeted at someone completely ignorant on current DD wheels market state.
Around 500 USD for the wheelbase including QR, almost the same price as the CSW V2. However it's also possible that the Chinese manufacturer intentionally jack up the wholesale price when they ship to foreign dealers, we'll never know...

Upvote 0
BTW, if you search Simagic on Chinese e-commerce website Taobao, you'll be surprised by the price at which it's sold in mainland China

I find this interesting. It suggests that they are somewhat established and looking to open up to foreign markets. Maybe they have a bit of a track record?

Upvote 0
I just watched this video and he states that Simagic established 2017 and have been selling their wheelbases since 2018. He also called out how there is no fan in the unit so it is virtually silent. Another yt review mentioned this and how no matter how long they used it, it remained relatively cool to the touch.

The review was largely positive with very minor quibbles.

This is getting more and more interesting to me!

Upvote 0
I assume all transport costs and import duties are included in that shipping total. I just put in my order and address that is what they added to my total order for the base motor - no wheels. It was the same shipping total even with the motor + wheel bundle.

Upvote 0
I assume all transport costs and import duties are included in that shipping total. I just put in my order and address that is what they added to my total order for the base motor - no wheels. It was the same shipping total even with the motor + wheel bundle.

How much in total is this wheel base costing you? Where are you located?

Upvote 0
It would be around 1150.00 total because I would have to buy conversion kit for my fanatec rim and at that price I might as well just go with the DD1 for a 20nm motor.

Upvote 0
There is only one truly rock-solid quick-release for serious racers: Go speak to Brett Stiles from Hybrid Racing Simulations (HRS) on Facebook regarding his Xero Play qr.

I have tested many different brands over the past 5 years on my DD wheels, even broken 1 Holger QR1 when running my Bogeyman at 38NM 1:1 around Bathurst....the lever-bolt just let go and I ripped myself a new orifice.

Now I own 5 of the Xero Play units, they look hellishly good, but their performance is even better. One real-life racer is even using it on his race-car here in Australia. IMHO, nothing else compares if you want absolutely no play or movement from your QR on your expensive DD wheel.

Cheers,
‘Beano

Upvote 0
I just watched this video and he states that Simagic established 2017 and have been selling their wheelbases since 2018. He also called out how there is no fan in the unit so it is virtually silent. Another yt review mentioned this and how no matter how long they used it, it remained relatively cool to the touch.

The review was largely positive with very minor quibbles.

This is getting more and more interesting to me!
As far as I know the company is based in Shenzhen, if you go visit the city then you might ask them if you could try it out :roflmao:
There is only one truly rock-solid quick-release for serious racers: Go speak to Brett Stiles from Hybrid Racing Simulations (HRS) on Facebook regarding his Xero Play qr.

I have tested many different brands over the past 5 years on my DD wheels, even broken 1 Holger QR1 when running my Bogeyman at 38NM 1:1 around Bathurst....the lever-bolt just let go and I ripped myself a new orifice.

Now I own 5 of the Xero Play units, they look hellishly good, but their performance is even better. One real-life racer is even using it on his race-car here in Australia. IMHO, nothing else compares if you want absolutely no play or movement from your QR on your expensive DD wheel.

Cheers,
‘Beano
That's truly something when a QR could withstand such "abuse" :roflmao: , but I only run my Simucube 1 @ 15 Nm max, it's sort of overkill for me

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea