Simagic M10

Hi RD

Looking to upgrade my wheel at some point this year. Currently using a T300 with CSL LC pedals on a GT1 Evo.

My plan was to grab a CSL wheel or maybe a CS2.5 but this Simagic unit seems very affordable, especially compared to the cost of a fanatec clubsport base and any of their compatible wheels.

The wheel and quick release look really well built, good features on the buttonbox and plenty of mounting options on the wheelbase itself.

I know it's early days but what would be my main drawbacks considering a relatively new unit like this other than software support?

It looks like the torque figures are much lower than other DD bases, but would it be significantly more detailed than a belt driven unit?

My only experience with DD is a business meeting I had at Vesaro around 5 years ago when I worked at OcUK and it was mind-blowing but I think that opinion was swayed by the simulator as a whole and not just the wheel specifically. (I ran nords in their top of the range setup on the day).

I have only spotted a few videos on YouTube with brief overviews on the Simagic unit so I guess nobody has one in hand yet? I also know nothing about the development of this product or its background

Not much info on the Simagic M10 so I thought I'd contribute to help those new to Simagic like myself. Some background; I purchased the base and wheel direct from China and shipped it to Singapore with eyes wide open about possible warranty issues since mine is considered a grey import unit.

I've had the wheel for around two weeks now and have been playing with the settings in the simagic Race Manager software as well as in AC and ACC. I think I've found good baseline FFB settings for both and hope to be able to share this info with other simagic owners. I'd love to know what settings other people are running as well.

Upvote 0
I picked up a Simagic M10 second hand on the forum here. I haven't seen much written about them, so I thought I would post a few of my thoughts.

- The wheel was pretty much plug and play. There's a facebook group to download the software from (and an ini file needed for dirt rally 2) and then it worked straight out of the box. I've tried the wheel with ACC, AMS2, RF2 and R3E so far, no problems with any of them and getting the settings dialled in was fairly straightforward.

- I came from a Thrustmaster T300 and I can say that the M10 is a massive leap forward. I haven't tried any other DD bases, or the CSW 2.5 so I can't compare it directly to them. I will say that the biggest difference for me is the speed of the thing, it reacts so much more quickly and I can catch slides I would never have been able to catch with the T300. This seems to be an advantage inherent in a DD wheel, since AKAIK belt drive wheels are geared down to allow the use of a weaker motor. This gearing to increase torque would obviously come at the cost of speed. The M10 is significantly cheaper than any other DD wheel I'm aware of (at least in Europe, where we would have to pay hefty tax on an accuforce) so it seems to me that it competes mainly against the CSW2.5. I'd be interested if anyone has tried both for a fair comparison.

- The quality of the hardware is simply outstanding. The wheel rim feels like a proper premium product and the QR is fantastic. That said, the GT1 rim it comes with is very heavy. A useful tip I have discovered is that the QR is compatible with the D1 Spec QRs available on ebay for about £50 each. I've bought a few so that I can run some custom USB rims as well. With some lighter rims it comes alive even more.

When I was looking into this wheel there were a few issues identified in the small number of reviews that are out there. Here are my thoughts on them:

- Some people have had issues with missed shifts on the wheel. I haven't encountered anything like this (yet).

- One reviewer commented on a "notchy" feel due to the use of a stepper motor (rather than servo). This is certainly true when turning the wheel without any force on it. I have not been able to detect it when running with FFB on so for me its a non issue.

- A few people raised concerns about software & support given that this is a chinese product. There is an active community on facebook (in English) which helps a lot with this and a representative of Simagic frequently posts there. It is a somewhat unconventional method of support, but it seems to work. The software has a few questionable translations and a slightly unpolished UI, but has worked flawlessly for me. I was worried that it would a bit impenetrable, but its actually very logical and was pretty easy to get everything dialled in to my liking. I have no experience with DD bases and I was able to figure it out quickly. I cannot speak about returns/warranty etc. as I have not had any issues with mine.

I hope this might be useful to anyone thinking about buying one of these and I'd be interested to hear from anyone else on here who has one and wants to discuss settings.

Upvote 0
@gera
Not much info on the Simagic M10 so I thought I'd contribute to help those new to Simagic like myself. Some background; I purchased the base and wheel direct from China and shipped it to Singapore with eyes wide open about possible warranty issues since mine is considered a grey import unit.

I've had the wheel for around two weeks now and have been playing with the settings in the simagic Race Manager software as well as in AC and ACC. I think I've found good baseline FFB settings for both and hope to be able to share this info with other simagic owners. I'd love to know what settings other people are running as well.

I am running similar settings to you in ACC, with a few exceptions:

1) In Race Manager I am running 100% wheelspeed in all my games, haven't had any issues with crashes etc.
2) I reduced the GameDamper setting in RM to 50%. I thought it seemed to make the FFB feel a bit more "alive"
3) In game, I have set 10% road effects. Gives a bit more "noise" through the wheel and, for me at least, increases immersion.
4) I am using 50% dynamic damper.

Upvote 0
$1400 shipped to US - yikes :/ it says VAT included, but up to the credit card entry page it still hadn't removed that for US customers. Tough sell for 10nm compared to AF or VRS, but those are hard to get currently.

Upvote 0
For the US we have an own shop!

But there we are are out of stock right now. Stock will be back in August.

Upvote 0
If you are in the US, would the M10 be as good of a choice as the Accuforce v2? It is 13nm sustained torque with 16nm max. The thing that stands out for me with the M10 is the wireless aspect. Price would be about the same, or maybe slightly less with the AF.

Also, to @Sim-Motion. I could not get your "Add to cart" to work, and the "Ask abut this product" gives a message "content not found". I was trying to figure out what the shipping cost would be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@TShrimp
we will start to allow pre orders when the wheels are on the way, that´s way you can´t add them to cart right now.
In my personal opinion the M10 is stronger then the Accuforce which i use for some years now. With the M10 you do nothing wrong!

Upvote 0
@gera

1) In Race Manager I am running 100% wheelspeed in all my games, haven't had any issues with crashes etc.
2) I reduced the GameDamper setting in RM to 50%. I thought it seemed to make the FFB feel a bit more "alive"
3) In game, I have set 10% road effects. Gives a bit more "noise" through the wheel and, for me at least, increases immersion.

Do you know when (approxiamtely) you will receive M10 Wheel base "alone" ? I already have a rim ready for the M10 and I don't want to spend 400€ more to have a rim that I won't use ^^

Upvote 0
Short update!
The next delivery has arrived, all pre-orders will be shipped on Tuesday at the latest!

Currently we have GT1 Bundles in stock GT4 will follow later.

AND!!!!
As first distributor worldwide we received the Alpha for testing!
First impressions will follow next week!

@Kevin Vanit
where are you based? For Europe i could make it possible to sell just a base!

Upvote 0
Short update!
The next delivery has arrived, all pre-orders will be shipped on Tuesday at the latest!

Currently we have GT1 Bundles in stock GT4 will follow later.

AND!!!!
As first distributor worldwide we received the Alpha for testing!
First impressions will follow next week!

@Kevin Vanit
where are you based? For Europe i could make it possible to sell just a base!

Luckily I'm in France ! I just sent you a DM for more details :)

Upvote 0
@gera

@Ian Watkins , I have the M10 since 1 week and it is possible to have a screen copy for your setup, race manager and assetto corsa. Thanks :)

Upvote 0
Here are my ACC settings, I don't have it set up for AC.

Annotation 2020-08-26 105126.pngAnnotation 2020-08-26 105343.png

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back