Simagic M10

Hi RD

Looking to upgrade my wheel at some point this year. Currently using a T300 with CSL LC pedals on a GT1 Evo.

My plan was to grab a CSL wheel or maybe a CS2.5 but this Simagic unit seems very affordable, especially compared to the cost of a fanatec clubsport base and any of their compatible wheels.

The wheel and quick release look really well built, good features on the buttonbox and plenty of mounting options on the wheelbase itself.

I know it's early days but what would be my main drawbacks considering a relatively new unit like this other than software support?

It looks like the torque figures are much lower than other DD bases, but would it be significantly more detailed than a belt driven unit?

My only experience with DD is a business meeting I had at Vesaro around 5 years ago when I worked at OcUK and it was mind-blowing but I think that opinion was swayed by the simulator as a whole and not just the wheel specifically. (I ran nords in their top of the range setup on the day).

I have only spotted a few videos on YouTube with brief overviews on the Simagic unit so I guess nobody has one in hand yet? I also know nothing about the development of this product or its background

Hey all,
we have still some D-Shape GT1 Bundles on stock!

I just received mine today! Very happy with the purchase. Just I would be even happier if you use some other courier rather than UPS. They were slow :)

Upvote 0
I just received mine today! Very happy with the purchase. Just I would be even happier if you use some other courier rather than UPS. They were slow :)

youre gonna enjoy it, mine is like 3 weeks old now and love it.......had some struggles with dirt2.0 tho but the file is up a bit

Upvote 0
Here again an update,

from now on we have again GT1 bundles in D-shape and round, as well as GT4 bundles with 2 and 4 paddles in stock!

And in the US too

Upvote 0
And again an update!
The Premium GT4 steering wheels are on their way and will arrive soon.
They are equipped with a carbon surface and can be connected wireless with the Simagic Base or via USB!

For Europe:

For US:

Upvote 0
Not sure if a game works with the Simagic M10 or having issues with a Particular Game?

I created a Simagic Compatibility List which you can see HERE

See a Missing Game? Contribute to the List by filling out the Form HERE

You can also find Helpful How To videos, Unboxing and Reviews in my Simagic Youtube Playlist

Simagic-Compatibility-List-Google-Drive.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am having problems getting the M10 working on F1 2020 some how i doesnt get found in game. tryed disable steam controllers but still nothing F1 2020 just wont see it. anyone have a idea ???

Upvote 0
Mounting a DD wheel to a Playseat Challenge sounds like the most stupid idea in the world!

However, I have done it - and with some easy modifications it works remarkably well. The modifications do impact it's foldability a bit - although it can still fold away to be put in a cupboard.

I have a DD2 mounted to a Playseat challenge, along with a Fanatec handbrake, shifter, V3 pedals, button box and a small monitor. It works brilliantly. I've used two 10kg ankle weights (20kg total) simply laid on the back foot to act as a counterweight, along with fitting two 15cm ram mount knock offs to the back of the wheel deck - affixed diagonally to the wheel deck uprights which increase the rigidity massively - this is what impacts the foldability. I've also doubled up on the velcro arm supports with addition of a pair of ratchet straps as insurance against collapse due to the increased weight.

I'll take some photos later but I can assure people that contrary to what you might think it works great - as long as the wheel deck is locked closed, with the modifications there is only minor flex - this has the benefit of acting as a ghetto motion sim as you feel it in your butt! I've been using it for over 6 months, peak torque usually around 12nM and it has been rock solid.
This is ace, been on ebay this evening buying the RAM mount knock offs. When do I tell the wife I'm getting a Podium DD1?? :redface:

Upvote 0
Mounting a DD wheel to a Playseat Challenge sounds like the most stupid idea in the world!

However, I have done it - and with some easy modifications it works remarkably well. The modifications do impact it's foldability a bit - although it can still fold away to be put in a cupboard.

I have a DD2 mounted to a Playseat challenge, along with a Fanatec handbrake, shifter, V3 pedals, button box and a small monitor. It works brilliantly. I've used two 10kg ankle weights (20kg total) simply laid on the back foot to act as a counterweight, along with fitting two 15cm ram mount knock offs to the back of the wheel deck - affixed diagonally to the wheel deck uprights which increase the rigidity massively - this is what impacts the foldability. I've also doubled up on the velcro arm supports with addition of a pair of ratchet straps as insurance against collapse due to the increased weight.

I'll take some photos later but I can assure people that contrary to what you might think it works great - as long as the wheel deck is locked closed, with the modifications there is only minor flex - this has the benefit of acting as a ghetto motion sim as you feel it in your butt! I've been using it for over 6 months, peak torque usually around 12nM and it has been rock solid.
When you say the the wheel deck is locked closed, do you mean you have to jump into the seat without opening it, or can you still open it?

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 385 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 260 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.7%
  • < 5 years