Sim Lab P1-X not shipping to US... Alternatives?

Hey guys, I am new to sim racing... haven't even put down a lap yet. Just ordered a bunch of stuff and am gonna dive in head first!

I am in the United States and unfortunately it seems like I can't get the Sim Lab P1-X due to the recent coronavirus stuff. I'm anxious to get started racing so I don't want to wait weeks to order it, but I also don't want to settle for a rig I won't be happy with.

I bought the Fanatec DD2 wheel base and I plan on getting some decent pedals. I want the best experience possible (short of buying a motion simulator) and don't want my rig flexing or wobbling at all. I was going to get the rSeat S1 but it looks like that won't fully be able to handle the DD2? From what I'm seeing, it looks like options are much more limited for us over here in the states.

Anyone have any suggestions? -- Thanks!

Hello, I just got into sim racing (still trying to build my rig) and purchased a Fanatec DD2 wheel base and I plan on purchasing the Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Ultimate if I can find them.

For my cockpit, I need something sturdy that can handle anything I throw at it. I was thinking the Sim Lab P1-X would be perfect but it looks like everywhere is out of stock and/or doesn't deliver to the U.S.

Can you guys suggest any alternatives to the P1-X? Seems like we are much more limited to our options over here in the states. --Thanks

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I'd rather wait as you won't get the same quality for the price, but if super anxious there is US builder selling his stuff on ebay.
Search for 4PLAY RACING.

Upvote 0
I'd rather wait as you won't get the same quality for the price, but if super anxious there is US builder selling his stuff on ebay.
Search for 4PLAY RACING.
Thanks for the advice. I'll check out 4Play on Ebay. I definitely don't mind waiting for the P1-X but I can't get an email back from the company to find out when they'll be getting any in stock.

I just bought these pedals and I'll likely be waiting for those to come in anyways so maybe it doesn't hurt to wait on the P1-X. http://www.hppsimulation.com/hpp-3-pedal/43-phtv2p.html

One more question for you - Have you heard of anyone trying something like this? Or should I go ahead and abandon that idea?

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Thanks for the advice. I'll check out 4Play on Ebay. I definitely don't mind waiting for the P1-X but I can't get an email back from the company to find out when they'll be getting any in stock.

I just bought these pedals and I'll likely be waiting for those to come in anyways so maybe it doesn't hurt to wait on the P1-X. http://www.hppsimulation.com/hpp-3-pedal/43-phtv2p.html

One more question for you - Have you heard of anyone trying something like this? Or should I go ahead and abandon that idea?
I'd rather deal with well known and trusted business. Sim-lab is super popular for a reason.

Upvote 0
I find a website last night it seems quite new but they ship globally it’s saying and have a vast amount of goods on there website I am also waiting for this P1X and again unsure if they will ship to Ukraine as well,

it’s called Simplace www.simplace.co I believe

just unsure about the company because like I say it’s virtually brand new since feb when I researched it some

Upvote 0
Yeah strange not even 24hrs ago they had sim-labs + HE cockpits and stuff again I don’t feel too confident making a purchase :D

Upvote 0
There is also Trak Racer. They're backordered, but I believe the new units are coming in at the end of the month. Look pretty well built.
Thanks for the suggestion. I saw them and was wondering about the quality. I want to make sure there is zero flex in the wheel base and the pedals. Can anyone else confirm first-hand that the quality is there with Trak Racer?

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Thanks for the suggestion. I saw them and was wondering about the quality. I want to make sure there is zero flex in the wheel base and the pedals. Can anyone else confirm first-hand that the quality is there with Trak Racer?
Plenty of posts here of how they handle shipping and customer support. Stay clear.

E.g,
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/trak-racer-tr80-shipping-review.178493/

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Plenty of posts here of how they handle shipping and customer support. Stay clear.

E.g,
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/trak-racer-tr80-shipping-review.178493/
Thanks again, Andrew. Really appreciate your guidance with this. Definitely going with the P1-X. You are in the states, right? Who did you order yours from?

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Directly from sim-lab. Really good service, I am sure everyone who dealt with them has nothing but positive things to say.
And man, this rig is one engineering marvel. Make sure to get black anodized one, it's a bit more expensive but worth it.
Putting order together might be a challenge as there are so many accessories and little things you don't know if you need. Don't hesitate to ask, plenty of sim-lab users on this board to help, just check this thread.

Upvote 0
Directly from sim-lab. Really good service, I am sure everyone who dealt with them has nothing but positive things to say.
And man, this rig is one engineering marvel. Make sure to get black anodized one, it's a bit more expensive but worth it.
Putting order together might be a challenge as there are so many accessories and little things you don't know if you need. Don't hesitate to ask, plenty of sim-lab users on this board to help, just check this thread.
+1 :D I purchased one end of last year. I think they had a backlog then too so I had to wait some 6-8 weeks from ordering to delivery (Europe). Can recommend them for the quality and communication.

It makes sense to get your priorities and necessities straight before ordering, since ordering small things afterwards will come with a hefty postage tag.
e.g. Front mount / wheel deck, keyboard tray, pedal base plate, seat/pedal sliders yes/no, monitor mount separate or integrated, computer shelf, P1-X feat / casters, etc.

Upvote 0
Another recommendation for sim-lab from me, they're so great to deal with. They're really popular so sometimes do have a wait time and it can take a little bit of time to hear back from them sometimes. But it's well worth it! Also don't be afraid to discuss your ideas with them, with me they were more than happy to adjust my order and customise it so it was exactly what I wanted.

I think sometime we forget how lucky we are to have so many awesome companies in sim racing (sim-lab, heusinkveld, ascher, hybrid racing and sim racing machines are just a few that have shown me phenomenal customer service/support in the past and clearly have a passion for the industry).

Upvote 0
Just build your own from 8020 parts. They're easily gotten in the US (8020 has a huge eBay store). It will be cheaper, and your rig will be more sturdy. As nice as the P1x is, it's still got a tiny bit of movement in the wheel deck. You can purchase 8020 articulated joints, and build a rig with a triangulated wheel deck that's as solid as an anvil. Looks good, too.

J6aT8i1.jpg

RiYWnzm.jpg

WwKsA4Q.jpg

Upvote 0
Ah cool, nice website. I will email them and ask when they are expecting P1-X back in stock.
I bought a DD2 and a wheel last month was pretty expensive stuff waited fir the stock but we had issues getting the items delivered to
Just build your own from 8020 parts. They're easily gotten in the US (8020 has a huge eBay store). It will be cheaper, and your rig will be more sturdy. As nice as the P1x is, it's still got a tiny bit of movement in the wheel deck. You can purchase 8020 articulated joints, and build a rig with a triangulated wheel deck that's as solid as an anvil. Looks good, too.

J6aT8i1.jpg

RiYWnzm.jpg

WwKsA4Q.jpg
yeah sexy looking those angle joints too, how much are those roughly each ?
beautiful looking rig.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I'd love to see that "cheaper" calculus, and how all these custom machined pieces like pedal tray, wheel deck, shifter mount, uprights mounting plates, etc. get fabricated.

Using front wheel mount on SC2 and thing is rock solid, not sure how one can have "flex" on it.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back