Sim Lab P1-X not shipping to US... Alternatives?

Hey guys, I am new to sim racing... haven't even put down a lap yet. Just ordered a bunch of stuff and am gonna dive in head first!

I am in the United States and unfortunately it seems like I can't get the Sim Lab P1-X due to the recent coronavirus stuff. I'm anxious to get started racing so I don't want to wait weeks to order it, but I also don't want to settle for a rig I won't be happy with.

I bought the Fanatec DD2 wheel base and I plan on getting some decent pedals. I want the best experience possible (short of buying a motion simulator) and don't want my rig flexing or wobbling at all. I was going to get the rSeat S1 but it looks like that won't fully be able to handle the DD2? From what I'm seeing, it looks like options are much more limited for us over here in the states.

Anyone have any suggestions? -- Thanks!

I placed an order early April, sent email after email and heard nothing. Eventually I asked for a refund and it was granted nearly immediately. I'm sure it's not normal practice for them, I guess they're just really busy these days. Hopefully you hear something back soon.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I placed an order early April, sent email after email and heard nothing. Eventually I asked for a refund and it was granted nearly immediately. I'm sure it's not normal practice for them, I guess they're just really busy these days. Hopefully you hear something back soon.
You caught them at the busy time. Same happened around Thanksgiving sale, the responses were delayed by a few days, but they communicated expected response time on web site then. Isn't it the case now?
1589240852795.png

Upvote 0
It's worth the wait. Got mine set up today without too much trouble - took about 3 hours. Barry's videos on SimRacingGarage are excellent and walked me through the build step by step. I ended up leaving the leg extensions off for now and installed 8 wheels along the bottom so I can move the rig out of the way when not in use. Also flipped/reversed the pedal tray to get the pedals lower.

Still need to buy the seat. Will go up to Sears Point this week to sit in a few/see what works best and is reasonable $$$. Thinking at this point is a fixed bucket. Don't want a reclining back due to flex while hard braking - will use seat brackets to set a good recline angle.

Once the seat has been installed I will finalize the ergonomics and positions of the wheel/pedals relative to the seat. Should hopefully have it all done within a day or three.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So I know Sim-lab is quoting 3-4 weeks for dispatch, and frankly I'm not expecting anything less... BUT, they haven't been taking orders for a few weeks, clearing out a backlog. Surely all new orders can't be 3-4 weeks... That's got to be more of a worst case scenario for last orders in, right? Just trying to invent ways for it to get here faster.

Upvote 0
I love my P1-X, but their estimates are always optimistic. My P1-X said 4 weeks wait, but it was closer to 8. That was prior to the pandemic stuff. I ordered a keyboard tray after, it had no back order wait, but took about 4 weeks to ship. Same thing with the V3 Pedal tray. I just accept that as the price of doing business with them. They are obviously not able to scale up with the demand, but these things are fickle, so I don't blame them. The demand could disappear in a heartbeat. One good thing, once shipped the time in transit is insanely low. I think I got everything in 2 days worth of shipping to the states.

As for the OP going with them, that's a good choice. They are well designed, over-spec'ed, and well packaged. The amount of extra hardware alone makes it a great deal (if $1000+ on a rig can be considered a deal). I'd assume if I bought the extra hardware alone it would be somewhere around $70 retail. Be patient and enjoy it when it finally arrives.

As for the seat, I would visit a local speed shop and see what is comfortable. A shop near me had 5 seats and only one felt good, luckily for me that was the one I was considering before going, but it was nice to get confirmation that it was the one.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I love how a alternatives thread turned into a massive P1X discussion
But was there any alternatives ? :D
Of course, there is always an alternative, like a political party in The Soviet Union. :)

Upvote 0
Of course, there is always an alternative, like a political party in The Soviet Union. :)
I find these clowns I just cant take them seriously either the guy making the numbers never went to school or they are con artists or just blind either way its ridiculous 300 euros for some feet for the rig,
1500 for a wheel deck and 2000 for a pedal deck,
I mean take away the absolute absurd prices the stuff dont look too bad but come on :roflmao: :geek:
1589426090835.png

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I find these clowns I just cant take them seriously either the guy making the numbers never went to school or they are con artists or just blind either way its ridiculous 300 euros for some feet for the rig,
1500 for a wheel deck and 2000 for a pedal deck,
I mean take away the absolute absurd prices the stuff dont look too bad but come on :roflmao: :geek:
View attachment 372397
HE has rig very similar to Sim-Lab, but the price was on a high side. I am not even sure if they offer it anymore.

Upvote 0
HE has rig very similar to Sim-Lab, but the price was on a high side. I am not even sure if they offer it anymore.
Yeah my mistake there tbh was in stock upto about 3 weeks back was there for like 2 months was sat here with the money day dreaming,
just not keen on the silver or would have snatched it up also needs some more adjustments here or there for buttkickers and thrustmaster and fanatec crap very limited but awesome if you buy all HE stuff shifters and handbrakes, same money at Simlabs get a insane setup they use UPS so wont hold my breath to get one.

Upvote 0
I did quite a bit of research before deciding on the P1-X. I am a strong believer in do it once, do it right, and don't do it again. In the end, felt that Sim-Lab had the best mix of price, performance, and upgradability. My runner-ups were::

1. https://www.trakracer.com/product-category/tr160-cockpit/
2. https://www.trakracer.com/product-category/tr80-cockpit/
3. https://www.shop.sim-seats.com/SR-X-Driving-Simulator-SS-10-SRX.htm
Thx
Yes I think tbh the TR160 is a veeerrry close second just cant see any apart from ebay maybe my best option,
by far the P1X is the gold standard of these cockpits with no doubts at all,
that SR-X is sickly looking :D

Upvote 0
Just seems hardly anyone ships to Ukraine I can actually send stuff to Poland and ship it from there with our post office,
thing is you pay the VAT twice on the items once at the checkout then going through customs its quite off putting tbh :D
1589440169426.png

Upvote 0
So anyways earlier before I went to sleep was looking online in Ukraine for Aluminium extrusion profiles,
Searched in Russian not English this time,
I found a shop in Kiev, anyways they had a Skype contact so sent them a message in English,
Saying Hi bla bla and they replied back in English, so asked if they make lengths custom if I provide the mm ect
They said yes we make custom lengths,
So said I have a PDF with all the lengths and parts I need,
They said send the PDF we will make you a custom order,
I mean this sounds like a fairytale to me after searching high and low :geek: :D
Sorry for the boring story.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back