Sidekick

Apps Sidekick 1.11.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Ah, sorry. I suspect that the files you've made yourself aren't quite right, but working out what's wrong may or may not be easy... :(
I does work with the normal RSS Formula Hybrid 2018 car and with the s1, but not with the custom ones I made for all the teams. I just used car cloner to create copies and then edit skins and sounds. Maybe I did something wrong there?

I does work with the normal RSS Formula Hybrid 2018 car and with the s1, but not with the custom ones I made for all the teams. I just used car cloner to create copies and then edit skins and sounds. Maybe I did something wrong there?
Did Sidekick work on the original cars you used as the input for the cloner? I'm a bit confused by your description.

You should find that the SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\Sidekick\compounds folder has some INI files. If you peek into them, you will probably see what they are meant to contain. If you can locate the relevant pressure and temperature entries for the original car then the cloned one (with a new car name but the same tyre name) should be readily worked out.

Did Sidekick work on the original cars you used as the input for the cloner? I'm a bit confused by your description.

You should find that the SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\Sidekick\compounds folder has some INI files. If you peek into them, you will probably see what they are meant to contain. If you can locate the relevant pressure and temperature entries for the original car then the cloned one (with a new car name but the same tyre name) should be readily worked out.
Yeah, it worked for the original cars. I already found the files in compounds and it had everything in them, and the files for the original car contain thesame as the cloned ones in terms of the content inside of them.

I read the description but even so there are some options I can't figure out what it means. In the fuel section, what "LAPS", between "L/LAP and "L REM", mean?

I read the description but even so there are some options I can't figure out what it means. In the fuel section, what "LAPS", between "L/LAP and "L REM", mean?
Laps = laps left until empty
L/lap = litres per lap
L rem = litres remaining

Not entirely sure though. It might also simply show you the laps you drove already.
Go on track with 20L and check if it's 0 or a higher number :D

Hello guys. I need some help please, ive installed the sidekick via Content Manager, ive activated in the game but if i go to the apps it doenst show up, can anybody help please?

Best regards

Hello guys. I need some help please, ive installed the sidekick via Content Manager, ive activated in the game but if i go to the apps it doenst show up, can anybody help please?

Best regards
Make sure it is enabled.
1646996410620.png

Install it manually ... that will work ( simply unzipping in Assetto Corsa root folder ).

Sorry but don't trust CM for Apps install .... you're not the only one with this problem.
NB and I understand why Peter Boese advises to install SOL manually.

We had the case twice at our league ... we advised them both to install it manually and got it working immediately once activated in the general options.

( same problem happened with Pitlane Penalty app ).

Last edited:
Install it manually ... that will work ( simply unzipping in Assetto Corsa root folder ).

Sorry but don't trust CM for Apps install .... you're not the only one with this problem.

We had the case twice at our league ... we advised them both to install it manually and got it working immediately once activated in the general options.

I did and now works like a charm, thanks very much

which exact folder is it? i've tried dropping my app in anywhere i can think it might work but it wont even display in the app windows tab in CM.

im trying to install the GT5 HUD app but going through CM installs didnt work, and neither has putting the file in the apps folders through the main assetto corsa folder.

edit: if it helps, the file format is 7z.

Last edited:
The way to manually install is always the same principe:

1) in order to know how the zip is built: double-click to open the zip file
( In the case here for Sidekick: the seen folders are apps and content )

2) Keeping the zip opened in one window.... open the main AC folder in another window
( Steam/Steamapps/common/assettocorsa ) ... and keep those 2 windows side by side on screen

3) To know where to install note that the folders you see in the zip window ... have to be seen the same way in the game folder window ( among other folders ) .... in the case here apps and content in the zip .... are seen in AC root folder.

4) select the folders of the zip file and move them in the game folder where you can see the same folders ( and NOT inside those folders ... as this is the most common mistake newbies are making .... and I think that this is the mistake you are making )
If needed allow to modify.

NB: If the zip is well done with the full path for install in game, that's very easy following what I explained above.
If it is not ... rather first learn how the game folders are built for tracks, cars, skins ... etc.... in order to know at which place you need to drop your file. ( example ?: you have to install a one skin for a car ... the right path is: Content/cars/THECAR/skins in which you drop the new skin folder you see in the zip file ).

Is there any way to have the optional info always visible in Sidekick (like it was in Race essentials)?

I can’t use my mouse in the middle of a race to click on my sceen to see data, and I don’t want to sacrifice steering wheel buttons for it. I want to know the data just by looking, instead of doing something to see it.

I need things like best lap, delta, traction control switched on or off, abs switched on or off, lap count, fuel remaining, tire temps, deg, etc.

Right now I’m using Raceessentials and updating the compounds.ini every once in a while

Last edited:
Yeah, it worked for the original cars. I already found the files in compounds and it had everything in them, and the files for the original car contain thesame as the cloned ones in terms of the content inside of them.
Hi Chris! Did you find the solution? I'm asking becasue I've got the same problem. On original car everything works fine, on my cloned ones despite proper .ini file it dosen't work.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.