AC Show yourself thread... get to meet the ppl you race with in AC!

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well, how would it have looked like, if she was the only one I hadn't told the age? ;)

There are always many perspectives to look at things. I try to keep my naivety and to be as open minded as "my" history allows me to be... ;) I hope it secures my children's naivety to keep/make this world a good place to be.

Btw, I like to thank @Marko77, @boomRoasted, @Chris Down and @stribbeck to also share a bit of your real lifes with us here! I also don't like the so called "social" media like facebook. The behavior their often isn't anything like social.

That's why I like this place here and always do such stuff in the internet with my real name because I think the internet should just be another part of the real public world, not an anonymous parallel universe... ;)

I removed facebook from my phone a while back and i dont miss it :), i did deactivate it but i have other accounts like strava the are linked it it for the login :(
Another little pic of one of my older cars, my Ibiza cupra on the nurburgring that was a fun weekend would like to go again
FB_IMG_1609240811475.jpg

- on board my second lap out quality is a bit crap was nearly 10 years ago lol, was taking it quite careful as it can get expensive if you get it wrong, is a few other videos on my youtube page from other activites like powerkiting that i enjoy :)

Last edited:
Btw, I like to thank @Marko77, @boomRoasted, @Chris Down and @stribbeck to also share a bit of your real lifes with us here! I also don't like the so called "social" media like facebook. The behavior their often isn't anything like social.
I'd love to share more, but I hardly have any photos, even of the times I have spent watching the bikes at Mallory or going to Le Mans with my mates. In some ways I feel like a bit of an interloper here as my life was more like this a couple of years ago (commuting to Aachen or maybe Bruges...):

bike-on-train-small.jpg

now it's more like this with lockdown:
IMG_20200913_164101_2.jpg

I do like motorsport, but kinda got into sim racing via my addiction to video gaming as opposed to it being a substitute for the real thing.

I think some of you can probably relate to the other time consuming bundle of fun in my life though:

flo.jpg

9 months old and she has me wrapped around her little paws... I think my wife is getting jealous!

I didn't share a pic of my rig as I had already shared a photo a while ago, not to mention the fact it was in bits as I was in the process of measuring up for my latest 'project'.

Normally when people share details of their rigs, whether just a modest desk setup or a swanky triple screen alu-extrusion, it still looks pretty neat and tidy, so I was a little reluctant to share what mine looks like as it's a bit, shall we say, rough and ready... I have affectionately named it 'Igor' as it's not particularly square...

IMG_20210101_153514.jpg

About £30 of wood and screws. Pretty much made it up as I went along, as you can probably tell :D

I scavenged the seat from my old rig, which was one of those cheap models that had a pole in the middle for the wheel. As well as making it difficult to use all three pedals, it would gradually work itself apart during a race due to the pressure required on the brake pedal.

Now I have to tidy my office and see if I can wire it up in time for Sunday

Last edited:
I'll join in as it's always good to know how you're up against (or passing in my case :D)

I'm 37 and run a security installation business in Nottingham, UK. I used to work as a Software Engineer but returned to Nottingham from London a few years back to join the family business. I'm still a geek at heart though so the day job still suits as I get to play with CCTV cameras and alarms and try out all the new products.

Me desperately trying to get my daughter into cars / racing (She loved it and we didn't get passed by anyone :)):

MVIMG_20200718_155617.jpg

I've always been into cars and engines. Back in my teens I was tinkering around with 205 GTi's and homemade jet engines (never actually got them running but had grand plans and fun with it). Later in my 20s more 205 GTi's but with modified engines up to 240bhp in a sub 1000kg car was great fun. Wish I never sold it!

205 GTi on a trip around Scotland (someone nicked the badges!):

Do04OIAf1Zjjca2Bx9kQ__bn0aQvAKRi-qSVJD7M7XFwtIo05KFoFp6Ze78g4gPZYc4YEUUF0WFI_OEevPTCh9b0TQBSVsyywfr2rhSSu5Nsqp5PDkmmO_TZoHeFq9p047NU1LlPelUXpxFOU6SD_pMsj_aAZLz4Miiq9vyBawd2lSmroFCCDBybEiMDM6Tu9IXj42g4o5ACmh6gzkUebORSrPMiHzgUtKoYbKIui7nWj6rk62--D09SN9OAlTDSWfoPEvESRtoXXuRXt55aYat0Npqqjjug46gGBsFJGyx_rWb0S89SJp4OdfmmEa7FACTP7mt3S3XXjRqyOlhFh6hKDN-cCYAxVelxM91n_kzcIE9lFZ2nN12MOFlD03chs2i-veIXBlDs6hTUeA9exVE2eEs6IZGc4SgStwzoXHLC2rxA4nwQUpZWRxa7gakdopOE-YIgeeSe1eo0llB_nVp9Vop7D_131y2wVEkQsInkpqXa6i9lPCeiMWDJ3Hju_sIK7mzV4XZyqCtXmIrOM8YFSdLunoVdnxvtQmzjvLzpRqt1HGdTytiwmnVAD5j47bP6sbqTv-uGb9hR_Cn7Ig9DB5w0MGI03gopITGVKdNPu_ATp6MEx8ObFIQmB4VejVN-v88VRyoulJ8Lt-JcYgJWz2fVASPuAvj1rzrnUW9QJtJOkwcdpEUQMIevmQ=w1772-h1329-no

My other hobby (sadly not been able to ride as much in recent years with young children but they'll be joining us soon!):

DSCN0235.JPG

More recently I've been driving slightly more grown up toys but maintain that I'll never have a sensible car. Life's too short for that and cars have always been my passion. Just bought this as my family car last week after years of dreaming:

e8ebb271-11c7-4b61-9ae8-41b985190c4d-COLLAGE.jpg

On the subject of cars / hobbies, I think Sim Racing has been great for reigniting my passion for cars and racing. I used to always watch BTCC back in the super touring days and F1 back in the 90s and early 2000's losing interest shortly after when the V10's were . I think with any hobby there are peaks and troughs of interest and starting sim racing in the last few years has really brought some enthusiasm back to the motorsport world for me. The last few months racing on here is definitely another peak with me enjoying sim racing more than ever. Getting to know a community and building a bit of rivalry makes it so much better than just lapping offline or online racing.

Happy racing all.

Edit: Oh and the "rig" which has to double up as my wife's office so can't get too carried away:

PXL_20210104_165414381.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20210104_165414381.jpg
    PXL_20210104_165414381.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
I'd love to share more, but I hardly have any photos, even of the times I have spent watching the bikes at Mallory or going to Le Mans with my mates. In some ways I feel like a bit of an interloper here as my life was more like this a couple of years ago (commuting to Aachen or maybe Bruges...):

View attachment 431089
now it's more like this with lockdown:
View attachment 431090
I do like motorsport, but kinda got into sim racing via my addiction to video gaming as opposed to it being a substitute for the real thing.

I think some of you can probably relate to the other time consuming bundle of fun in my life though:

View attachment 431091
9 months old and she has me wrapped around her little paws... I think my wife is getting jealous!
Loving this Scott, fantastic pic and sure you'll have great fun with her! Dogs are an absolute joy in our lives imo.

Few days ago I wanted to reply with pics of our two nutcases, but my hard drive packed up so don't have the pics anymore, yet:unsure:.

We've two Labs from a rescue center (they process 2k abandoned Labs a year ffs!), been with us over 9yrs now, best friends ever, 3 of us take the same arthritis meds and moan at each other on walks:roflmao:

I will get some snaps up soon!

Last edited:
Hi, new here. First time racing last night, absolutely loved the experience but changed my perspective on my level of current capability. Sorry for those (all of you) who had to navigate around me as I tried my hardest to stay out of the way! :(. Thanks for being so welcoming none the less.

So rather than lurk around this is me. 44 years old, 20+ years in IT, I head up cyber security services for a large IT firm.

Married, former young parents soon to be young grand parents! An ageing but still game border collie lad with whom I spend a lot of time in the peak district.

Love cars, currently drive a MK3 Audi TTS roadster. Well not so much in the cold and lockdown.

Best pal

alfie fire.JPG

Office / simulator.

1610375504833.png

Hoping to join you all again for the next race and this time get some real practise in first. I still have so much to learn about sim racing!

Last edited:
Great to meet you here, Tim!

I like your racing rig. Would you mind swapping with my one ;) (see a picture on the first page)?

And I also like your avatar - my first racing game, which brought me into sim racing.

Thank you and likewise good to meet you too! Ha ha, my wife would probably happily see the rig moved out :). Its fairly recent, I used to have a G25 on the main desk..

Yes mine too, I miss playing with the keyboard. I thought I was a pretty good driver then !

Last edited:
Hi, new here. First time racing last night, absolutely loved the experience but changed my perspective on my level of current capability. Sorry for those (all of you) who had to navigate around me as I tried my hardest to stay out of the way! :(. Thanks for being so welcoming none the less.

So rather than lurk around this is me. 44 years old, 20+ years in IT, I head up cyber security services for a large IT firm.

Married, former young parents soon to be young grand parents! An ageing but still game border collie lad with whom I spend a lot of time in the peak district.

Love cars, currently drive a MK3 Audi TTS roadster. Well not so much in the cold and lockdown.

Me, my loving wife.

View attachment 435516

Best pal

View attachment 435505

Office / simulator.

View attachment 435515

Hoping to join you all again for the next race and this time get some real practise in first. I still have so much to learn about sim racing!
Great to meet you Tim, lovin' the pics - hope your wife is understanding about your race fix, though I'm sure your best pal is!;)

Seems we live quite close-ish too!

Last edited:
Well i joined RD during the first national lock down this year after a long break from Simracing, I bought AC and joined public servers to start with but soon get fed up with being shunted off the track so googled and found RD :)
I borrowed a laptop from work and bought a 30quid wheel from amazon to start with.
View attachment 430895
The first race went as expected i was stone cold last lol

Upgraded a little since then but I'm still in the kitchen on a garden chair with a make shift pedal stand

View attachment 430897

I have always been into motor racing, always went to see the BTCC at Thruxton with my dad as a kid at my local track just 15mins up the road :) still go up now as its my favourite racing series close hard racing :)

Couple of pictures, I'm on the left with Tim Harvey after a couple of drink track side
View attachment 430898View attachment 430899View attachment 430901

My own car is a 2005 mini cooper s, tuned upto 240bhp such a great car to drive but nothing but trouble lately lol
I have done a few track days, love go-karting

View attachment 430903View attachment 430904

And here's some random pics of me on a car experience day at castle combe
View attachment 430905View attachment 430906View attachment 430907

Other interests are photography, i do the odd few jobs of sporting events :) this year has of course been well dead on that front lol
And to finish a nice picture of just me
View attachment 430908

Had a great time on RD so far, great races great people :) and now i have a headset i might even speak...... might.
Kudos for the Mini, I'm an owner myself (though with less than half your horsepower) and it's a really fun car to drive

Errr... Nope. That's really not how that word works hahaha.
12 = zwölf
13 = dreizehn
It's a mix of both and it means something like "a lot/more than you can count".
More like a dad-joke and nothing to do with weed or alcohol :cautious::roflmao:

But it needs a multiplier to work. Like hundred/thousand/million.
Modern synonym would be "over 9000", which comes from the power level meter maximum from Dragon Ball Z:alien:

Me, my loving wife.

View attachment 435516

Best pal

View attachment 435505

Office / simulator.

View attachment 435515

We've been young parents too but then didn't stop so it'll take time to be empty nesters, and as a consequence my rig will be "provisional" until I have space enough for both office and rig, or at least until the covid restrictions will end, allowing me to be more in the office than at home. Luckily, we have quite a spacious "play" room for my younger son, where I was able to arrange my old Ikea desktop and use it for both driving and working in there. Here are the work/game versions

IMG_20201207_175136.jpg
IMG_20201207_175645.jpg
IMG_20201207_175715.jpg
IMG_20201207_175815.jpg

Lovely dog and really nice stove, I love fire!

Last edited:
We've been young parents too but then didn't stop so it'll take time to be empty nesters, and as a consequence my rig will be "provisional" until I have space enough for both office and rig, or at least until the covid restrictions will end, allowing me to be more in the office than at home. Luckily, we have quite a spacious "play" room for my younger son, where I was able to arrange my old Ikea desktop and use it for both driving and working in there. Here are the work/game versions

View attachment 439642
View attachment 439643
View attachment 439644
View attachment 439645

Lovely dog and really nice stove, I love fire!

Thanks, it is well appreciated at the moment in this current weather! Great play room, love the Super Mario characters, remember that game so well!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.