AC Show yourself thread... get to meet the ppl you race with in AC!

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Medilloni

Premium
Post pics (inc interests etc) of you here if you want to 'virtually meet', or know, each other.

Our mate @Reik Major suggested this and agree wholeheartedly (for those of you comfortable with it) this is for pics of you, and maybe other paraphernalia that bridges the virtual to the real :)

Two rules for this thread; it's in good heart, so, no bitchin, it's the Good Will time of year after all':thumbsup: 2nd rule, no pressure of any kind for peeps that don't want to participate.

Last edited:
With my children
1608418000163.png

EDIT: And this is my rig.
20201221_133010.jpg

I have never raced in real life nor did I own a sportscar. The closest to that was a Opel Kadett (Vauxhall Astra) GT with 1.8 engine and Recaro chairs in the late '80s. But even my RAV4 Hybrid nowadays does 0-100km/h faster than that car. So no beautiful pictures of me in a racecar.

Two years ago I started simracing when I took over the G27 from my son Enzo. My experience on public servers was disappointing so I was very happy to join this community where respect and fun are the most important values.

My other hobby's are mostly related to the WW2 especially the air war, like reading books and watching documentaries. That's why I also like to play flight simulations and strategy games from that era. I started gaming on computers when I was about 20 with a Commodore64 so I guess I'm one of the first generation of videogame addicts.

I'm working as an IT architect in a large bank in the Netherlands and together with my wife Anne-Marie I have raised three children, besides Enzo that are Maran and Dana. I can say I'm very proud of all of them.

UPDATE: new rig!
1643228043286.jpeg

Last edited:
From the other thread... Father Christmas impression walking the dawgies:p
Great to put a face to a name Reik! - and nerdy racing is forbidden for this one, you're racing against grandads ffs, show some respect :p:laugh:
with the dawgies.jpg

A bit earlier :whistling:
IMG_20180708_200555.jpg

Yes, a female navigator, anything to win a class:laugh: Her name was Joy, sexist stuff aside, an amazing navigator.. and never got 'nav-sick', bargain!:laugh:

The start of my motorsport adventures I guess, an apprentice for a fantastic , unforgettable crew - I'm the miserable 16yr old bugger 2nd from right, the 1st from right invented the monoshock for racing bikes (for his bike dragster!), top bloke!
my apprentice days.jpg

...the guy 2nd from left has worked for every F1 team based in the UK, and is still consulting now, we still keep in touch on FB.

Last edited:
Here are my lovely wife (34), son (8), daughter (4) and me (40).

Familien-Collage_resized.jpg

My amazing rig! An older PC, 24" monitor and black momo right behind the couch. (When one of the kids leaves home, I get my own room for building in a better rig. So will have to wait another ten years or so...)

20201220_132211.jpg

This is me with my 3 brothers at the 2017 DTM and ADAC GT Masters event at the Lausitzring (GT3 sound is awesome!)

2017-05-21__08-29-14.jpg

(When one of the kids leaves home, I get my own room for building in a better rig. So will have to wait another ten years or so...)
Don't get your hopes too high, Reik. The last one (Enzo) moved out three years ago but they all want to keep their room as is :D .

BTW: I admire your pace with that rig. Gives me second thoughts for getting a better rig.

I'd leave a guest's bed in the room but it won't be a children room anymore, once they've moved out. ;) Don't get me wrong, I love my kids.

About my rig: I'm really fine with it. I only sometimes feel a little disadvantage with the poor pedals when it comes to cars, which require a very sensitive input on brakes or throttle.

Last edited:
From the other thread... Father Christmas impression walking the dawgies:p

A bit earlier :whistling:
View attachment 428392
Yes, a female navigator, anything to win a class:laugh: Her name was Joy, sexist stuff aside, an amazing navigator.. and never got 'nav-sick', bargain!:laugh:

The start of my motorsport adventures I guess, an apprentice for a fantastic , unforgettable crew - I'm the miserable 16yr old bugger 2nd from right, the 1st from right invented the monoshock for racing bikes (for his bike dragster!), top bloke!
View attachment 428393
...the guy 2nd from left has worked for every F1 team based in the UK, and is still consulting now, we still keep in touch on FB.

Great one John! So you're a really rally driver?
Are you also in the second picture?

@Reik Major @hape @Chris Down
Here are my lovely wife (34), son (8), daughter (4) and me (40).

View attachment 428673

My amazing rig! An older PC, 24" monitor and black momo right behind the couch. (When one of the kids leaves home, I get my own room for building in a better rig. So will have to wait another ten years or so...)

View attachment 428671

This is me with my 3 brothers at the 2017 DTM and ADAC GT Masters event at the Lausitzring (GT3 sound is awesome!)

View attachment 428677
Oh man, they are awesome pics, what a great future is ahead for you with the young 'uns - lot's of fun ahead for you Reik :inlove:

Apart from.... you gave your wife's age away... NOOOOO! Bribery will follow:roflmao::p

Great one John! So you're a really rally driver?
Are you also in the second picture?
Haha, no my friend, I was just better at rallying than racing, still really bad though:laugh:, I wrote that car off and used the bits to build a replica of this car (Clan Crusader):
Caln Crusader.JPG

Re your "are you in the second picture?" question - if you meant the group photo with us all behind the car (Chevron B19) - yes, I'm second from the right, trying to hide:whistling:

Last edited:
Oh what a brilliant idea! Nice to see you all!
Although I'm not racing much lately (saying this for 2 years now lol), I know all of your names :)

Here's a picture of me from July this year. Blurred my gf/future wife, sorry :p

IMG_20200720_225143_684-01-01-01.jpeg

I'm 29 and quite lucky to have a small room basically just for my stuff so a nice desk, pc, guitars, office chair, wheelstand v2 with my csw 2.5 and v3 pedals (that little tube construction thing is suffering lol) and a 34" ultrawide :inlove:
Just sold my two "cheap" rims and got the Porsche rim in the sale +/- 0€ :
IMG_20201221_013245_119.jpg

So I hope for some more racing finally again with all of you!
The last 1.5 years I'm more often on the water than behind the wheel. (Kitesurfing)
Gliding across the water gives me some feel of being thankful for being able to live my life. Need quite a dose of this after struggling for multiple years.
Simracing and especially being staff at rd for almost 2 years helped me a lot to feel like a good, grown up man who can find his place in this world! Deeply thankful for people like John, Craig, Bobby, Rupe (and even Ross and Bram the good ol' pitas I could always fight with (mods for ac clubraces 2 years ago) and learn how to deal with issues at the job :roflmao: :D)
Being a lot younger but achieving something, being responsible for some things and getting respect back from men that I can look up to was and is really awesome for me.

I'm mostly either the oldest or at least the most mature person in the room at uni or with friends and all are very much from Hamburg or at least Germany.
So having conversations in English, with a lot older people but also 10 years younger people from all across the globe is really something I like to have in my life! Makes it quite a bit richer! Even when racing not that frequently. :inlove:

Last edited:
:O_o: I find it better to look at old photos of myself, there is a sort of disconnect in that.

My first adventure into motorsport.

3DC78B83-0075-4757-B371-C96446248E30.jpeg

my parents were very fast cyclist:whistling:, helped by a two-stroke single pistoned engine with friction drive to the front wheel. At the end of our journey, Dad had two very sooty legs.:roflmao:

Motorcycles were my first passion,

Owned a gold star 350, and 500, all, I think I can remember, the gearbox was an RRT2, and it had a dyno print out with the bike, 35bhp if my memory serves me, then a Triumph Bonneville.

I can still vividly remember sneaking to dads garage as a kid, when he was at work, unlocking it and staring at a vincent black shadow, a triumph speed twin, and two Gold stars, Those were the good old days,

:thumbsup: Then it was cars, cars, cars

Cars have been my passion since I was 17, this is just one of the three Lotus
Cortina's I have owned.
The first was a Rallycross Motorsport version, 1963, previously driven by Rod Chapman of rallycross fame.
Some bugger pinched that one.:mad: (cost me £12 to insure ) imagine what an 18-year-old would have to pay for something equivalent now.:confused:

1965 Lotus Cortina

E315CEC1-37E9-4C25-AA40-E0F18A93224C.jpeg

So I decided to have a go at Motor Cycling again

C2ABF9C1-C849-4777-A7AA-B7A351D670E2.jpeg

TZ 350

my favourite bike, never had the courage to race it, let alone ride it.

I also owned three Suzuki GSX-r 750's, slab sides, which I absolutely loved riding, my last bike being a Honda fire blade, the one with holes in the fairing front, first one I think. But always missed the Slab sided GSX-r's

So I had a go at Cycling, Time trialling, for nearly ten years. Lost 6 of my mates killed in that time, including my best mate. Just could not take it anymore, so reluctantly gave it up.

8327F401-1BF6-456C-AD5D-87408FAB83DB.jpeg

Then motorsport took over as well, just some of the race cars I have owned.
Just was a Sprint guy, found racing far too expensive, and more importantly stressful.
At 70, in the virtual world, have sort of got quite relaxed most of the time with it,

AD52639D-A16C-433A-BBF3-38F6963DA552.jpeg

6620CBB7-3F60-4D92-9FC7-76231562A2DF.jpeg

one of my favourite cars was a Group N Cosworth that I competed in. with big blue flames down the side and large aero fins on the wheels for cooling the brakes, loved it, just could not get anyone to insure it.Really regret having to sell it in the early 90's. :(

The proudest thing I have associated with, is my wife, the only person I have met who is totally devoid of that human emotion, Ego.

D2DC461A-5E91-4E8D-9426-E74BE36AE324.jpeg

She is the one on the Left. with of course. Michael Schumacher

1B960718-56A6-4B56-B1B5-CCFEDFF754D5.jpeg

But don't mess with her, at your peril.:roflmao::roflmao:
Guess who this is...
5B6854AF-8978-4DA2-80BD-001AFB54A5A7.jpeg

Patrick Watts

Sorry about the poor photos, anything to do with a camera sends me into reverse at a 1000mph.

Last edited:
:O_o: I find it better to look at old photos of myself, there is a sort of disconnect in that.

My first adventure into motorsport.

View attachment 428840

my parents were very fast cyclist:whistling:, helped by a two-stroke single pistoned engine with friction drive to the front wheel. At the end of our journey, Dad had two very sooty legs.:roflmao:

Motorcycles were my first passion,

Owned a gold star 350, and 500, all, I think I can remember, the gearbox was an RRT2, and it had a dyno print out with the bike, 35bhp if my memory serves me, then a Triumph Bonneville.

I can still vividly remember sneaking to dads garage as a kid, when he was at work, unlocking it and staring at a vincent black shadow, a triumph speed twin, and two Gold stars, Those were the good old days,

:thumbsup: Then it was cars, cars, cars

Cars have been my passion since I was 17, this is just one of the three Lotus
Cortina's I have owned.
The first was a Rallycross Motorsport version, 1963, previously driven by Rod Chapman of rallycross fame.
Some bugger pinched that one.:mad: (cost me £12 to insure ) imagine what an 18-year-old would have to pay for something equivalent now.:confused:

1965 Lotus Cortina

View attachment 428850

So I decided to have a go at Motor Cycling again

View attachment 428846

TZ 350

my favourite bike, never had the courage to race it, let alone ride it.

I also owned three Suzuki GSX-r 750's, slab sides, which I absolutely loved riding, my last bike being a Honda fire blade, the one with holes in the fairing front, first one I think. But always missed the Slab sided GSX-r's

So I had a go at Cycling, Time trialling, for nearly ten years. Lost 6 of my mates killed in that time, including my best mate. Just could not take it anymore, so reluctantly gave it up.

View attachment 428841

View attachment 428878

Then motorsport took over as well, just some of the race cars I have owned.

Just was a Sprint guy, found racing far too expensive, and more importantly stressful.

At 70, in the virtual world, have sort of got quite relaxed most of the time with it,

View attachment 428851

View attachment 428849

one of my favourite cars was a Group N Cosworth that I competed in. with big blue flames down the side
and large aero fins on the wheels for cooling the brakes, loved it, just could not get anyone to insure it.
Really regret having to sell it in the early 90's. :(

The proudest thing I have associated with, is my wife, the only person I have met
who is totally devoid of that human emotion, Ego.

View attachment 428847

She is the one on the Left. with of course. Michael Schumacher

But don't mess with her, at your peril.:roflmao::roflmao:

View attachment 428866

Guess who this is...
View attachment 428867

Sorry about the poor photos, anything to do with a camera sends me into reverse at a 1000mph.
Thought you'd have an amazing story for us Ernie:inlove: Such fantastic motorsports experiences you and your wife have had!

Edit: Have always meant to mention your avatar being a Lotus Cortina, now I know why!

Last edited:
PS thought I would say, hope it is not too me, me, me :confused:

Tried to get a job at Benetton, and failed miserably, but then got a job in Mclaren wind tunnel at Woking, then went to TAG electronics at the adjacent factory, also in Woking.
Then got a Job at Mercedes F1 engine factory in Brixworth, finally getting work with Red Bull factory in Milton Keynes.
Contributed very little to formula one industry, but had my nose into every conceivable corner I could poke it, to learn as much as I could.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:
I don't have many photos with me in as I tend to be the one pushing the button and I am not much into selfies. This one was kinda funny as it belies the actual situation. I spent the whole autumn, winter and spring getting that bike sorted for a trip to Le Mans and on my first test commute to work it broke down. If any of you have ever had the misfortune to get recovery organised for a bike, you'll know that it usually means you are at the bottom of the queue while they figure out who locally can do it, so I ended up working by the side of the road for the (fortunately sunny) morning.

remote-office.JPG

I have an old GSX 750 @Kek700 - it's unusual in that it's non-faired though. My only faired bike is my general commute K1300GT

I'm not really into 4 wheels (I'm a rubbish driver anyway as many of you have already probably figured out! :D ), but sim-wise the immersion for bikes is just not there compared to cars.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%