AC Show yourself thread... get to meet the ppl you race with in AC!

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Post pics (inc interests etc) of you here if you want to 'virtually meet', or know, each other.

Our mate @Reik Major suggested this and agree wholeheartedly (for those of you comfortable with it) this is for pics of you, and maybe other paraphernalia that bridges the virtual to the real :)

Two rules for this thread; it's in good heart, so, no bitchin, it's the Good Will time of year after all':thumbsup: 2nd rule, no pressure of any kind for peeps that don't want to participate.
I'm not much of a social networking person, but like this community a lot, so thought I'd share too.

Doing one of my favorite sports. Skiing up in the high sierras.

Marka.jpg

Started working at a gas station at age 13 during the so called energy crisis in the early 70s and saved up some money to buy my first car at age 16. Dad's friend said he wouldn't allow his son to drive anything over 100hp. Dad said I can keep it so long as I worked after school and stayed out of trouble.

Marks z282.jpg

Later after college and driving a VW Rabbit to commute, I finally bought another sporty car. This one was a favorite and retired it to the garage in 2020 for an SUV 4x4 I drive today. I did long ski trips and trips into Baja Mexico to surf in the M5. Decided to take it out one day few years back, and got involved in a multi-car accident. Everyone was fine except the car was not salvageable. Truly broke my heart after all the work I had done to it.

Mark 88 M5.jpg

Lastly, I thought it be fun to play guess the car. The steering wheel is a clue for some. I liked helping a guy on the block doing all kinds of stuff in his garage. I helped him a bit restoring this one. Mostly, I smashed his beer cans for him.:D

Morgan plus 4 c.jpg

Take care everyone and see you all after the holidays!

I'm not much of a social networking person, but like this community a lot, so thought I'd share too.

Doing one of my favorite sports. Skiing up in the high sierras.

View attachment 429060

Started working at a gas station at age 13 during the so called energy crisis in the early 70s and saved up some money to buy my first car at age 16. Dad's friend said he wouldn't allow his son to drive anything over 100hp. Dad said I can keep it so long as I worked after school and stayed out of trouble.

View attachment 429059

Later after college and driving a VW Rabbit to commute, I finally bought another sporty car. This one was a favorite and retired it to the garage in 2020 for an SUV 4x4 I drive today. I did long ski trips and trips into Baja Mexico to surf in the M5. Decided to take it out one day few years back, and got involved in a multi-car accident. Everyone was fine except the car was not salvageable. Truly broke my heart after all the work I had done to it.

View attachment 429061

Lastly, I thought it be fun to play guess the car. The steering wheel is a clue for some. I liked helping a guy on the block doing all kinds of stuff in his garage. I helped him a bit restoring this one. Mostly, I smashed his beer cans for him.:D

View attachment 429064

Take care everyone and see you all after the holidays!
Error. I retired the M5 in 2000!

I more and more feel like a kid here. :x3: How about you @Chris Down ? :roflmao:

:whistling:

Lovely photos chaps, really nice to see more of you all and learn a little about your lives. I'm afraid I'm a veritable whippersnapper at the age of 26, so not much to say for me yet, check back in 30 years ;-)

I'm originally from Newcastle, but somehow always had a posh git accent which certainly got me some lumps when I was growing up. I know some of you mentioned my accent sounds a bit strange -- I lived in Malaysia for a few years for work and speaking Malaysian English for a while certainly turned my accent into this kind of weird hybrid (and thus my "proper" grammar is still broken!).

I never completed education past GCSEs, and in Newcastle pretty much any computer-related employer is going to want to see a university degree, so I had to look further afield for my first job. I was very lucky to learn so much about the world, people from all kinds of walks of life which I'd never met before, and met my wife who I've now been married to for a good 6 years. :)

58647113_10219274516432097_2287266906291306496_o.jpg

I grew up watching F1 on and off kind of passively in the mid-2000s, but was never that deep. I guess "the moment" for me was that back in the days when games had demos, there was a demo for a game called Live for Speed where you could drive one car on one track. I remember driving on the keyboard and it all just kind of clicking, and saving up my pocket money to get a used G25 from eBay. I think I got it for sixty pounds or so in 2008 -- bargain! My parents were pretty frugal, so that was a good few months of saving...

As my day job I work at Facebook on the kernel (essentially the part of the operating system which interfaces between the hardware and software), improving the way memory is distributed across systems -- you can see more about that in the video above. Quite important when you run on hundreds of thousands of machines :)

Really enjoyed reading through this thread, heartwarming stuff folks. Wishing you and your families a very merry Christmas :inlove:

Last edited:
:whistling:

Lovely photos chaps, really nice to see more of you all and learn a little about your lives. I'm afraid I'm a veritable whippersnapper at the age of 26, so not much to say for me yet, check back in 30 years ;-)

I'm originally from Newcastle, but somehow always had a posh git accent which certainly got me some lumps when I was growing up. I know some of you mentioned my accent sounds a bit strange -- I lived in Malaysia for a few years for work and speaking Malaysian English for a while certainly turned my accent into this kind of weird hybrid (and thus my "proper" grammar is still broken!). I never completed education past GCSEs, and in Newcastle pretty much any computer-related employer is going to want to see a university degree, so I had to look further afield for my first job. I was very lucky to learn so much about the world, people from all kinds of walks of life which I'd never met before, and met my wife who I've now been married to for a good 6 years. :)

View attachment 429166

I grew up watching F1 on and off kind of passively in the mid-2000s, but was never that deep. I guess "the moment" for me was that back in the days when games had demos, there was (and still is!) a game called Live for Speed, where you could drive a one car on one track (Blackwood GP, I think). I remember driving on the keyboard and it all just kind of clicking, and saving up my pocket money to get a used G25 from eBay. I think I got it for sixty pounds or so in 2008 -- bargain! My parents were pretty frugal, so that was a good few months of saving...

As my day job I work at Facebook on the kernel (essentially the part of the operating system which interfaces between the hardware and software), improving the way memory is distributed across systems -- you can see more about that in the video above. Quite important when you run on hundreds of thousands of machines :)

Really enjoyed reading through this thread, heartwarming stuff folks. Wishing you and your families a very merry Christmas :inlove:
Great to learn more about the man behind the GT3 events. Is that picture of you and your lovely wife from the Keukenhof in the Netherlands?

This is a marvelous thread! I've enjoyed reading everyone's life stories and seeing all the smiling faces. :D

I'm also a proverbial whippersnapper at the age of 29 but I like to consider myself an "old soul." Professionally I'm a surgical technologist. I stumbled into this line of work after my time in the military (3yrs) and currently, I'm pursuing a career in photography.

Personal_4.jpg

Personal_3.jpg

Feel free to check out more at my website :) Not sure where this work will take me but I hope it will lead to some fantastic opportunities. I do wish the US had a bigger motorsport community as I would love to photograph those athletes and events.

As for sim racing, I think my first exposure to it was Grand Turismo 3 on the PS2. Beyond that, my only other experience is with Forza and that was quite casual but fun nevertheless. Now I'm here and, as I've expressed in past posts, extremely happy to have found RD and, specifically, this group.

Current setup but with gloves and a set of T-LCMs.
IMG-0913.jpeg

It's great to see other two-wheel enthusiasts! :cool: Got to take the Bonnie on a summer trip around Washington State and the sore cheeks were worth it!
Bonnie_1.jpg

IMG-1111.jpg

--------------

IMG-1578.jpg

One last shot including my lovely wife :)

Enjoyed putting this post together almost as much as I enjoyed reading everyone else's. Really looking forward to the new year and all the future races with you wonderful people! I hope you all have a lovely Christmas and a great New Year!

This is a marvelous thread! I've enjoyed reading everyone's life stories and seeing all the smiling faces. :D

I'm also a proverbial whippersnapper at the age of 29 but I like to consider myself an "old soul." Professionally I'm a surgical technologist. I stumbled into this line of work after my time in the military (3yrs) and currently, I'm pursuing a career in photography.

View attachment 429229

View attachment 429230
Feel free to check out more at my website :) Not sure where this work will take me but I hope it will lead to some fantastic opportunities. I do wish the US had a bigger motorsport community as I would love to photograph those athletes and events.

As for sim racing, I think my first exposure to it was Grand Turismo 3 on the PS2. Beyond that, my only other experience is with Forza and that was quite casual but fun nevertheless. Now I'm here and, as I've expressed in past posts, extremely happy to have found RD and, specifically, this group.

Current setup but with gloves and a set of T-LCMs.
View attachment 429233

It's great to see other two-wheel enthusiasts! :cool: Got to take the Bonnie on a summer trip around Washington State and the sore cheeks were worth it!
View attachment 429235

View attachment 429236
--------------

View attachment 429237

One last shot including my lovely wife :)

Enjoyed putting this post together almost as much as I enjoyed reading everyone else's. Really looking forward to the new year and all the future races with you wonderful people! I hope you all have a lovely Christmas and a great New Year!
Hi Logan. I worked about 4 years in hospital admin area, but we did fun stuff like this for the kids.:) I’m stinky Pete.
EF7DBAFF-870D-4096-BED4-ACF2711ABF4C.jpeg

Well i joined RD during the first national lock down this year after a long break from Simracing, I bought AC and joined public servers to start with but soon get fed up with being shunted off the track so googled and found RD :)
I borrowed a laptop from work and bought a 30quid wheel from amazon to start with.
IMG_20200326_183503.jpg

The first race went as expected i was stone cold last lol

Upgraded a little since then but I'm still in the kitchen on a garden chair with a make shift pedal stand

IMG_20201227_193643.jpg

I have always been into motor racing, always went to see the BTCC at Thruxton with my dad as a kid at my local track just 15mins up the road :) still go up now as its my favourite racing series close hard racing :)

Couple of pictures, I'm on the left with Tim Harvey after a couple of drink track side
IMG_20190818_181415 (1).jpg
IMG-20180520-WA0015.jpg
IMG-20190630-WA0005.jpg

My own car is a 2005 mini cooper s, tuned upto 240bhp such a great car to drive but nothing but trouble lately lol
I have done a few track days, love go-karting

IMG_20190524_105443.jpg
IMG_20200925_160127.jpg

And here's some random pics of me on a car experience day at castle combe
FB_IMG_1609179199687.jpg
FB_IMG_1609179192802.jpg
FB_IMG_1609179184469.jpg

Other interests are photography, i do the odd few jobs of sporting events :) this year has of course been well dead on that front lol
And to finish a nice picture of just me
me.jpg

Had a great time on RD so far, great races great people :) and now i have a headset i might even speak...... might.

@Reik MajorApart from.... you gave your wife's age away... NOOOOO! Bribery will follow:roflmao::p

Well, how would it have looked like, if she was the only one I hadn't told the age? ;)

There are always many perspectives to look at things. I try to keep my naivety and to be as open minded as "my" history allows me to be... ;) I hope it secures my children's naivety to keep/make this world a good place to be.

Btw, I like to thank @Marko77, @boomRoasted, @Chris Down and @stribbeck to also share a bit of your real lifes with us here! I also don't like the so called "social" media like facebook. The behavior their often isn't anything like social.

That's why I like this place here and always do such stuff in the internet with my real name because I think the internet should just be another part of the real public world, not an anonymous parallel universe... ;)

sebring.jpg

6.5 hours away and long ago, before E36 M3s ruled track days..
Racing Dynamics suspension, Metric Mechanic 3.8, exhaust and Getrag 265,
custom K&N cold air + MAF conversion, 635CSi steering box,
BBS RCs with Toyo Proxes or Kuhmo Victoracers,
Porsche "big red" front disc brakes, Boxster S rears
Quaife differential, Momo seats, Schroth belts, Wink mirror

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks