SHO Competition FFB for GTR2

Misc SHO Competition FFB for GTR2 V13-beta1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Shovas updated SHO Competition FFB for GTR2 with a new update entry:

[Upcoming] The Art of Driving in the Rain

If your PLR "FFB steer force grip weight" parameter is anywhere near the previously recommended value "0.05533" then I now recommend trying "0.15000" like so:

FFB steer force grip weight="0.15000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.

While testing cars in the rain, I realized I was feeling little if any loss of grip lightness (slip information) in the ffb strength and I remembered I had kind of given up on...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm not sure what I've done wrong setting up FFB for my Moza R5 but I set this game up last year perfectly. I had to reinstall and for some reason now my wheel feels like it doesn't want to stay centered unless I really try to hold it in the middle. If I don't it falls to one side or the other. I tried ticking reverse FFB effects but I don't think that is the problem.

Another issue I'm having is when I put the FFB up on either High or Full the wheel becomes insanely heavy, so much that I can't move it. Out of the box my FFB isn't awful but it could use some improving so I can always go back to the default, it's just interesting I'm missing something this time around.

I'm not sure what I've done wrong setting up FFB for my Moza R5 but I set this game up last year perfectly. I had to reinstall and for some reason now my wheel feels like it doesn't want to stay centered unless I really try to hold it in the middle. If I don't it falls to one side or the other. I tried ticking reverse FFB effects but I don't think that is the problem.

That sounds like ffb is reversed. Can't remember the param for that off the top of my head.

Another issue I'm having is when I put the FFB up on either High or Full the wheel becomes insanely heavy, so much that I can't move it. Out of the box my FFB isn't awful but it could use some improving so I can always go back to the default, it's just interesting I'm missing something this time around.

Sounds like friction or damper. Try lowering those in the PLR.

Check out the latest profiles that might be more similar for your wheel for where to strart with friction and damper.

That sounds like ffb is reversed. Can't remember the param for that off the top of my head.

Sounds like friction or damper. Try lowering those in the PLR.

Check out the latest profiles that might be more similar for your wheel for where to strart with friction and damper.
Thanks for the advice man I got it straightened out. And thanks for all your hard work, LEGEND!

Shovas, do you have a FFB setup for Race07 with G29 wheel?

Not exactly but because GTR2 and Race 07 are so similar you should be able to take some GTR2 settings from here and have a decent experience in Race 07.

I did tune a little for AccuForce and SimuCube 2 Pro for Race 07 so they might also help you tune yours:

It's a little out of date, though.

Funny how it works but just yesterday I fired up Race07 again and used Shovas' FFB. It worked out flawlessly. The only thing I changed is the FFB Brake slider that I bumped from 1 to 10 percent, which gives a similar feel under braking as GTR2 would.
Played on a G27 though.

I noticed that the Crew Chief plugin lets you have RealFeel in GTR2. Is that something you've looked in to?

Yes and it may be a viable alternative, I only just started using it but it feels good, very good

RealFeel setup instructions over here:

[Release] SHO Competition FFB V13-beta1

V13 (2024-03-04)

Highlights:
  • Rain Racing: This release focuses on optimizing FFB parameters to provide more confidence at the wheel when racing in the rain. It may feel significantly different and this is intentional. Wheel weight now decreases less during grip loss which aids rain racing greatly but requires more attention to other cues in dry racing. I believe these settings are actually closer to reality as we're not faking grip loss sensation at the wheel as...

[Plans] RealFeel is the future

While there will always be a place for SHO FFB for new users to GTR2, vanilla installations, or just for those who prefer original FFB, I have found RealFeel FFB to be an excellent alternative and improvement, relying less on tuning FFB parameters and more on proper physics at the steering rack.

The Iron Wolf has put in amazing work to get RealFeel FFB to work with GTR2 and I can't recommend it enough.

No more editing text files to tune your FFB experience. Instead, simply use RealFeel's...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back