SHO Competition FFB for GTR2

Misc SHO Competition FFB for GTR2 V13-beta1

Login or Register an account to download this content
This may be a stupid question, but given that they run on the same engine, would these files also work for improving FFB in GT Legends?
Yes, they should work very well, and there's also a dedicated mod for GTL:

There's also a dedicated mod for Race 07 which while a similar SimBin game with similar config does actually need different parameter values for the best experience:

Last edited:
Yes, they should work every well, and there's also a dedicated mod for GTL:

There's also a dedicated mod for Race 07 which while a similar SimBin game with similar config does actually need different parameter values for the best experience:

Thanks for the quick answer :). As I have a t300 I'll use the GTR2 version, as the GTL version only has DD profiles.

• Deleted member 1053025

Hello @Shovas! Recently I got into GTR2 for the first time and had tried the competition ffb for TS-PC wheel, but wasnt happy with it. So I had tweaked the plr file myself according to your advice here and on your page and got the ffb quite to my liking. Thank you for many useful insights! I do have one thing left in ffb thar I cant get rid of:

At low speed up to 50km/h the ffb is tight in the centre and firm, almost too much. As the speed rises, center becomes very light and vague/inprecise. This is how I set up the plr file for my TS-PC: (values in bold were tweaked)

FFB Device Type="1" //
FFB Effects Level="2" //
FFB Gain="0.70000" //
FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="1" //
FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" //
FFB steer vibe freq mult="0.50000" //
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.04000"
FFB steer vibe slope="0.00000" //
FFB steer vibe wave type="0" //
FFB steer force average weight="0.60000" //
FFB steer force exponent="1.19536" //
FFB steer force input max="11500.00000" // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if controller pulls in the wrong direction).
FFB steer force output max="1.80000" //
FFB steer force grip weight="0.60000" //
FFB steer force grip factor="0.30000" //
FFB steer update thresh="0.00000" //
FFB steer friction coefficient="0.70000" // Coefficient to use for steering friction. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer friction saturation="0.90000
" //
FFB steer damper coefficient="0.50000" // Coefficient to use for steering damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer damper saturation="1.00000" //

As I understand, the FFB steer friction coefficient controls ffb weight with speed increase. The problem I have is that ffb gets softer, not stronger with speed. The gyro effect or what it's called is wrong for me.

Am I missing something/any suggestions?
Regards, Tinman

Hello @Shovas! Recently I got into GTR2 for the first time and had tried the competition ffb for TS-PC wheel, but wasnt happy with it. So I had tweaked the plr file myself according to your advice here and on your page and got the ffb quite to my liking. Thank you for many useful insights!

Glad it was useful for you! Pass along your FFB when you're happy with it and I'll include it in the next release.

At low speed up to 50km/h the ffb is tight in the centre and firm, almost too much. As the speed rises, center becomes very light and vague/inprecise. This is how I set up the plr file for my TS-PC: (values in bold were tweaked)

For improving center deadzone (center tightness/firmness/looseness) I'd recommend tuning Steer Force Exponent.

Your Steer Force Exponent is > 1 which provides more "expressive" ffb but also weakens forces around center so it makes sense you're feeling some center deadzone.

I'd recommend experimenting with values < 1.

FFB steer force exponent="1.19536" //
FFB steer force output max="1.80000" //

On another note, your Steer Force Output Max is still at the default 1.8 but the key discovery of my ffb work was that the default value swamps out other forces resulting in soft ffb clipping and so the wheel can feel like it goes dead and numb in high ffb situations like high-speed cornering.

You may get a better experience with lower values closer to 1 but you can certainly go above 1 just be sure your wheel isn't going dead/numb too much.

This might also explain your low-speed center firmness as steering forces at low-speed swamp out other kinds of forces at 1.8.

FFB steer friction coefficient="0.70000" // Coefficient to use for steering friction. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer friction saturation="0.90000
" //
FFB steer damper coefficient="0.50000" // Coefficient to use for steering damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer damper saturation="1.00000" //

As I understand, the FFB steer friction coefficient controls ffb weight with speed increase. The problem I have is that ffb gets softer, not stronger with speed. The gyro effect or what it's called is wrong for me.

Friction Coefficient has to do with the constant always-on resistance force you feel as you turn the wheel. Think of it as the steering column and assembly mechanical resistance not as a steering weight influenced by forces from the road through the wheels or by speed.

I would only change that parameter if you're trying to get the right friction feel and not when trying to get the right steering weight feel from road and cornering forces.

I'm not sure there's a parameter that controls FFB tightness-around-center dependent on speed. I guess you'll have to make due with a blanket parameter like Steer Force Exponent and try to get the best compromise.

Also check out the GTR2 Force Feedback Engineer I wrote as it will you give a Q&A format to narrow down your issue and what and how to tune:

Good luck!

• Deleted member 1053025

Good luck!
Thank you for your thorough answer, I've allready made some good progress on my ffb settings this morning following your recommendations. I'll try some more tweaks in the evening (time permiting) and will get back to you when I get it set to my liking.
Regards, Tinman

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 1053025

Pass along your FFB when you're happy with it and I'll include it in the next release.
Hello, these are my tweaked ffb settings from plr file, working quite nicely with SHO AI/physics and HQ tyres.

Attachments

• file.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 87
Yep, I have a TS PC also and have been fiddling with settings in the PLR file for it - I think I've nearly nailed it for my liking and maybe for others. I robbed the odd setting from the TGT one you're already listed and then adjusted them a tad. Then combined that with my new settings which is based on the info' from the "what ffb setting does what" (paraphrased) on your blog. I'll post later on the weekend my settings.

Based on 540 degree rotation only

Last edited:
Shovas updated SHO Competition FFB for GTR2 with a new update entry:

[Release] SHO Competition FFB V12

V12 (2022-03-04..2022-10-25)

Highlights:

• [TS-PC] Added TinMan_JB's TS-PC PLR
  • [SimuCube 2 Pro] Re-enabled and tuned Steer Vibe, Brake Vibe, Friction, and Damper (new TrueDrive betas support these effects now), and disabled Jolt Magnitude
  • [DD Wheels] Disable Jolt Magnitude on DD wheels as natural physics seem to deliver the collision fine via ffb
Action Required:

N/A

Full Release Notes:
  • [DD Wheels] Disable...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Shovas updated SHO Competition FFB for GTR2 with a new update entry:

[Plans] Fighting the Wheel

When you watch onboards, you may notice in real life race drivers are fighting the wheel much more than most of in sims. I'm going to try tuning for this.

After watching some videos of onboards, including real life IMSA driver Daniel Morad in an AMG GT3 and Jimmy Broadbent, who has real life racing experience now, I see that they just think fighting the wheel is normal.

I think that's the missing piece for us sim racers. While we like a comfortable race, there's something missing...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have a Moza R12. Which one should I use? I'm going to try each DD settings and find what works.

You have the right idea. Give each of the DD profiles a try and see what you like.

If you make any tuning adjustments, I'd be happy to add your profile to the mod.

Hi, for some reason my game crashes at start when i changed the values for my G29 and can't find the solution for it

Double check the lines you changed in the PLR. A missing quotation mark can sometimes screw things up.

Try using your PLR backup to confirm that the PLR is in fact the issue.

Double check the lines you changed in the PLR. A missing quotation mark can sometimes screw things up.

Try using your PLR backup to confirm that the PLR is in fact the issue.
Sorry, found the solution, for some reason applying the Crewchief patch fixed it for me so now it's working perfectly, thank you, the FFB feels amazing

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back