Modernizing GTR2 with the Crew Chief GTR2 Enhancements Plugin

Shovas

Premium
Please see the GTR2 Simwiki page for the latest instructions.

Overview

1. Modern GTR2
  2. Crew Chief GTR2 Enhancements Plugin
  3. Installation
  4. DXVK (Optional)
  5. ReShade (Optional)
  6. RealFeel FFB (Optional)
  7. More Information
Modern GTR2

I've added the @The Iron Wolf's Crew Chief GTR2 Enhancements Plugin to my list of Modern GTR2 tweaks.

You can see quite an extensive feature list below.

I have things in my Modern GTR2 tweaks like Skip Intro Videos, NVIDIA Profile Settings for AA/etc., High Resolution Mirrors, 4GB Patch, Force Feedback Settings, and now I've added the GTR2 Enhancements Plugin with download and install instructions and a features list.

Crew Chief GTR2 Enhancements Plugin

*Requires Steam GTR2 or HQ Anniversary Patch compatibility options

Currently, here's what Crew Chief and the plugin bring to the table:

I especially like the flicker fixes, various crash fixes, borderless windowed mode, automatic use-all-cores, changeable weather patch fix, and high refresh rate physics and high refresh rate ffb enhancements
  • Crew Chief
    • Spotter with real voice call-outs for things like “car left/right”, time remaining, cars gaining from behind, etc. It’s extremely well done. Absolutely recommend downloading Crew Chief.
  • GTR2 Enhancements Plugin
    • Spotter Implementation and some Accuracy Customization
    • VR Support
    • Customize Rules…
      • Customize various stock rules
      • Add DRS Rules
    • FFB changes…
      • Stationary Tyre Friction
      • Fix for losing FFB
      • Flat Spots
      • Dirt Pickup
    • Gearbox changes…
      • Lift-to-Shift
      • Antistall
      • Damage
      • Gear grinding on mis-shifts
    • Graphics changes…
      • Flicker fix
      • Borderless Windowed Mode (excellent implementation; feels native)
      • UI Squeeze for Triples and Ultrawide Screens
      • Wiper Animation
      • Backfire Effects
      • Improved Rain Reflection Quality
      • Improved Rain Reflection Performance
    • Motec changes…
      • Enhanced Motec (more information)
      • Additional Data Pages
      • Additional Data Page Unit Styles
    • Tire Enhancements: Separate Visual Tire Per Compound
    • DXVK Integration…
      • “DXVK implements DX9 by using Vulkan. On some hardware, when used with GTR2 it improves framerate (especially in VR), memory usage and image quality.”
      • DXVK “SGSSAA”
        • “GTR2 specific DXVK fork supports AA form that looks similar to SGSSAA”
    • Memory Usage Optimizations
    • Decoupled High Refresh Rate Physics
      • A new physics thread can now run at native rate (tied to fps) or 400hz, 800hz, 1600hz, and 3200hz (real-world performance depends on your cpu)
    • Decoupled High Refresh Rate Inputs/FFB
      • A new Inputs/FFB thread can now run at native rate (tied to fps) or 200hz, 400hz, 800hz, or 1600hz (real-world performance depends on your cpu)
    • Additional Fixes…
      • Always-on Fixes…
        • Various crash case fixes
        • Optimized Framerate, meory usage, and image quality (on some hardware)
        • Reduce Headlight/Shadow Flicker (introduced with Steam GTR2)
        • Fix Missing rF1 Plugin API Telemetry Data
        • Enable Championship/Driving School Page Icons
        • Disable Use of My Documents for Game User Profile
        • Applies Changeable Weather Patch by Jstn
        • Add New Control Bindings In-Game Under Controls->Extra (scroll to bottom to view them)
      • Automatic Use-All-Cores-or-Some-CPU-Cores Setting for Improved FPS
      • VR Lens Flare Effect adjustment
      • Motion System Mode
      • Per-Car Settings File for Modders (mostly)
      • Per-Track Settings File
Absolutely recommended.

Installation

Note: You don't have to install every part all at once. You can do Crew Chief one day, DXVK another, and ReShade on another. I know it's a bit much, so take your time.

First download Crew Chief and it'll come with the latest GTR2 Enhancements Plugin:

Once you run GTR2, the plugin will generate Plugins\CrewChief.ini which you can then configure.

Check out the latest plugin info from its homepage here:

Notes

• The plugin comes with some things enabled right off the bat but there are some extra things which can be enabeld by hand in Plugins\CrewChief.ini file.

Beta Installation

Optional: Betas can be found on the discord. Find the invitation link on the plugin homepage.

If you do it this way, you'll download a ZIP and simply extract it into your GTR2 folder. It will typically ovewrite d3d9.dll and Plugins\CrewChief.dll.

Everything should be good to go but check release notes and any READMEs in the zips in case you need to update DXVK, CCGE ReShade Tools, or anything else along with it.

DXVK

Note: You don't have to install every part all at once. You can do Crew Chief one day, DXVK another, and ReShade on another. I know it's a bit much, so take your time.

"DXVK implements DX9 by using Vulkan. On some hardware, when used with GTR2 it improves framerate (especially in VR), memory usage and image quality... Additional benefit of using DXVK is the possibility of moving the near clipping plane as close as 0.03, which can be useful in VR and modern open wheelers... Lastly, DXVK VR rendering path supports OpenXR and ReShade with full depth info available in VR." (from the manual)

Download GTR2 specific fork of DXVK from the manual and extract the files into your GTR2 folder:

Run GTR2Config.exe and save your choices.

Tweaks

Edit dxvk.conf to make any changes you may want:
  • Fullscreen vs Windowed: You might need to set d3d9.enableDialogMode = Truein dxvk.conf to get Windowed mode back. Otherwise, it seems to default to Fullscreen mode.
    • Important! Overlays such as SimHub will not be able to display properly without d3d9.enableDialogMode = True
  • Max FrameRate: Check d3d9.maxFrameRate = 100 and set to zero to disable or your desired max frameratre
Check out dxvk.conf for DXVK settings, such as MSAA level, max frame limit etc.

Is It Working?

1. GTR2_d3d9.log is generated when you run the game
  2. See if you can switch between windowed and fullscreen modes
  3. If both of the above are true, congratulations - you have DXVK running correctly!
If you use MSI Afterburner overlays, you can see "VULKAN" where it normally says "DXD9"

Whenever You Enable/Disable DXVK

Every time you turn DXVK on or off, make sure to re-run GTR2Config.exe. In fact, you may want to run it twice, as refresh rate choice may not show up the first time.

Disable DXVK

To turn DXVK off and go back to DX9, simply rename d3d9_dxvk.dll to d3d9_dxvk.dll_off

Notes

• Overlays such as SimHub will not be able to display properly without d3d9.enableDialogMode = True

ReShade

The following is based on the CCGEP ReShade Tools section of the manual.

Here's the quickest way to try it out:
  1. Download ReShade and install to your GTR2 folder:
    1. Select Vulkan as your renderer (if you setup DXVK per above).
    2. Do NOT install any presets, unless you want to, as you will be using the Retrolux Reshade preset for now. You can always run the ReShade installer again and install other presets.
  2. Download CCGEP Reshade Tools and extract into your GTR2 folder:
    1. Read the README file just in case it contradicts these instructions
    2. Copy ReShade32.dll to C:\ProgramData\ReShade\
    3. Create a reshade-presets folder in your GTR2 folder and move the tiw-vr-preset\*.ini files into it
    4. Move tiw-vr-preset\reshade-shaders into your GTR2 folder
  3. Download Retrolux Reshade for GTR2
    1. Copy ReShade\Presets\*.ini files to your reshade-presets folder
    2. Copy ReShade\Shaders\*.* and ReShade\Textures\*.* files to your reshade-shaders folder
You can use any ReShade presets you can find on the internet once you get used to where the files go. Watch out for conflicting files, though. ReShade presets often come with their own Shaders and Textures that you'll have to put in the right place.

Is It Working?

You should see an obvious shaded box in the top-left telling you ReShade has started successfully and offering a tutorial.

It should prompt you to hit the Home key for a tutorial. You should probably walk walk through this if you're new to ReShade. You don't have to make changes, just keeping clicking Continue.

Tap Home at any time to open the ReShade overlay. Tap Home again to close a ReShade overlay. You can remap these key bindings in the ReShade overlay Settings tab.

Notes
  • Reinstalling from the official ReShade will overwrite the custom ReShade32.dll from CCGEP Reshade Tools so re-do that step if you reinstall ReShade
  • You don't have to overwrite your ReShade.ini if a Reshade preset comes with one. The preset will have its own *.ini file(s) usually named after itself and these go in your presets folder.
  • You shouldn't need to use DLLs distributed by ReShade Presets that overwrite your own (eg. ReShade.dll)
  • Home key seems to be triggering Driving View shortcut even if you have a different key set to that. Change the shortcut in the ReShade overlay Settings tab.
RealFeel FFB

Note: You don't have to install every part all at once. You can do Crew Chief one day, DXVK another, ReShade another, etc. I know it's a bit much, so take your time.

RealFeel FFB became popular back in the rFactor 1 and Game Stock Car days. Its FFB was based only on physics except for 'parking lot' physics that helped provide a more realistic friction of a tire at rest.

I can't say it feels hugely different (except for tire friction at low speed). It feels roughly the same as my tuned PLR parameters. All the same, it's nice to have different options and the way it simplifies and eases general and car-specific ffb may be valuable to you.

First, read this helpful post to familiarize yourself with RealFeel and the parameters you'll be tuning. Different wheels can have very different values so it can be discouraging if it feels weird but it's probably worth it if you stick to it.

Installation

1. Open the manual PDF and review the RealFeel section which should be the "rFactor Real Feel Plugin wiring" section
  2. Follow the manual instructions under "Getting Real Feel Plugin" and download the RealFeel Plugin
    1. Extract RealFeelPlugin.dll to your GTR2\Plugins folder
    2. Extract RealFeelPlugin.ini to your GTR2 folder
  3. Review the manual instructions under "Configuring Real Feel Plugin FFB in GTR2"
    1. You can probably safely ignore the manual details under "CrewChief.ini settings" as it comes with reasonable defaults but it can be helpful to familiarize yourself with what's possible there.
Now, run GTR2 and get in your car: The wheel should at least feel like there's a little more friction to turn the whel. Out on track, FFB should feel roughly the same.

Is it working?

• Can you feel it?
    • You should be able to feel a dynamic, elastic-like friction when turning your wheel when the car is stopped. This effect should decrease as you accelerate until it is unnoticeable above say around 50km/h.
    • This is NOT the always-on friction or damping feeling that you're probably already used to.
    • It should feel like how a car's tires require a bit more muscle to turn when the car is off vs when it's on and also as compared to with and without power steering assist (the Crew Chief GTR2 Enhancements Plugin models power steering assist on vs off effect for this).
  • RealFeelPlugin.ini
    • Ensure RealFeelIsOn=True
    • RealFeelPlugin.ini should be overwritten each time you start and exit GTR2. If it's loaded in Notepad++ or similar you'll get a notification that the file has been changed and needs to be reloaded. This is how you know the plugin is active.

Gotchas

• Reverse FFB
    • Flip to positive or negative for SteerForceInputMax
  • FFB too Strong
    • Increase MaxForceAtSteeringRack values. Yes, increase this parameter to reduce FFB strength.
  • Oscillation
    • See manual section "Notes on Direct Drive wheel oscillation"
    • Start by increasing (yes, increasing) MaxForceAtSteeringRack to reduce FFB strength such as a large number like 200000 then decrease gradually to bring back ffb strength until oscillation occurs again and then back off until satisfied
  • Physics FFB Only, No Extra Effects
    • RealFeel FFB, itself, doesn't provide any other effects like your get in the PLR, such as Steer Vibe, Brake Vibe, Throttle Vibe, Friction, Damper, Rumble Strips, and Jolts.
    • But if you have these effects enabled in your PLR then they will be present when using RealFeel, as well.
    • With the FFBMixerRealFeelPercent parameter, you can also mix in origingal FFB steering forces to complement RealFeel's physics-only steering forces. I have no specific recommendation here but it may be worth an experiment for some.

Tuning

Per @Niels_at_home in this post:
  • Kf, Ks, A, Kr: These are the ''parking lot'' FFB parameters from LeoFFB. These are only active at very low speed, and should not be felt once you are driving, even in a hairpin.
  • Kf: is the maximum force you feel when the car stands still, to turn the tires. 11500 is max.
  • Ks: is the stiffness of the tires, a higher number will make it feel less 'elastic'
  • A: escapes me at the moment! sorry! :)
  • Kr: How fast all of the above fall away as car speed increases. At higher values the forces drop off quicker as you speed up.

Notes

• Car-specific Settings in RealFeelPlugin.ini
    • Car-specific settings will be automatically generated and saved to RealFeelPlugin.ini each time you try a car in GTR2 and exit GTR2
  • Mixing Original and RealFeel FFB
    • This is possible with the FFBMixerRealFeelPercent parameter that gets generated with car-specific settings in RealFeelPlugin.ini
    • It's possible, that's all I can say. Try it out if that's something you're interested in.
  • FrontGripEffect
    • This value seems to relate to the PLR FFB steer force grip weight parameter
    • This means at least in part RealFeel FFB feeling will depend on how the PLR FFB feels
    • In this case, it's may be worth your time to investigate the crowd-sourced ffb settings in the SHO Competition FFB mod
  • My RealFeelPlugin.in for SimuCube 2 Pro
    • To help get your bearings, here are my settings for reference...
    • [General]
    • RealFeelIsOn=True
    • ConsoleEnabled=False
    • ConsoleRepeatDelay=0.100000
    • SpeechEnabled=True
    • KeyRepeatDelay=0.100000
    • SteerForceInputMax=-11500.000000
    • MinSpeed=10.000000
    • DefaultMaxForceAtSteeringRack=14932.000000
    • DefaultSteeringDamper=11500.000000
    • DefaultFrontGripEffect=0.000000
    • DefaultSmoothingLevel=1
    • VehicleDelimiterSize=64** DefaultKf=4000.000000
    • DefaultKs=7.000000
    • DefaultA=1.500000
    • DefaultKr=3.000000

More Information

I'll be recording the latest info on the GTR2 Simwiki page:

Last edited:
I've added the @The Iron Wolf's Crew Chief GTR2 Enhancements Plugin to my list of Minimum GTR2 tweaks that I think brings GTR2 closer to modern standards.

*Steam GTR2 is required.

You can see quite an extensive feature list below.

I have things in my Minimum GTR2 tweaks like Skip Intro Videos, NVIDIA Profile Settings for AA/etc., Force Feedback Settings, and now I've added the GTR2 Enhancements Plugin with download and install instructions and a features list.

First download Crew Chief and it'll come with the latest GTR2 Enhancements Plugin:

Check out the latest plugin info from its homepage here:

I'll be recording the latest info on my Secrets of GTR2 page:

Currently, here's what Crew Chief and the plugin bring to the table:

I especially like the flicker fixes, various crash fixes, borderless windowed mode, automatic use-all-cores, changeable weather patch fix, and high refresh rate physics and high refresh rate ffb enhancements
  • Crew Chief
    • Spotter with real voice call-outs for things like “car left/right”, time remaining, cars gaining from behind, etc. It’s extremely well done. Absolutely recommend downloading Crew Chief.
  • GTR2 Enhancements Plugin
    • Spotter Implementation and some Accuracy Customization
    • VR Support
    • Customize Rules…
      • Customize various stock rules
      • Add DRS Rules
    • FFB changes…
      • Stationary Tyre Friction
      • Fix for losing FFB
      • Flat Spots
      • Dirt Pickup
    • Gearbox changes…
      • Lift-to-Shift
      • Antistall
      • Damage
      • Gear grinding on mis-shifts
    • Graphics changes…
      • Flicker fix
      • Borderless Windowed Mode (excellent implementation; feels native)
      • UI Squeeze for Triples and Ultrawide Screens
      • Wiper Animation
      • Backfire Effects
      • Improved Rain Reflection Quality
      • Improved Rain Reflection Performance
    • Motec changes…
      • Enhanced Motec (more information)
      • Additional Data Pages
      • Additional Data Page Unit Styles
    • Tire Enhancements: Separate Visual Tire Per Compound
    • DXVK Integration…
      • “DXVK implements DX9 by using Vulkan. On some hardware, when used with GTR2 it improves framerate (especially in VR), memory usage and image quality.”
      • DXVK “SGSSAA”
        • “GTR2 specific DXVK fork supports AA form that looks similar to SGSSAA”
    • Memory Usage Optimizations
    • Decoupled High Refresh Rate Physics
      • A new physics thread can now run at native rate (tied to fps) or 400hz, 800hz, 1600hz, and 3200hz (real-world performance depends on your cpu)
    • Decoupled High Refresh Rate Inputs/FFB
      • A new Inputs/FFB thread can now run at native rate (tied to fps) or 200hz, 400hz, 800hz, or 1600hz (real-world performance depends on your cpu)
    • Additional Fixes…
      • Always-on Fixes…
        • Various crash case fixes
        • Optimized Framerate, meory usage, and image quality (on some hardware)
        • Reduce Headlight/Shadow Flicker (introduced with Steam GTR2)
        • Fix Missing rF1 Plugin API Telemetry Data
        • Enable Championship/Driving School Page Icons
        • Disable Use of My Documents for Game User Profile
        • Applies Changeable Weather Patch by Jstn
        • Add New Control Bindings In-Game Under Controls->Extra (scroll to bottom to view them)
      • Automatic Use-All-Cores-or-Some-CPU-Cores Setting for Improved FPS
      • VR Lens Flare Effect adjustment
      • Motion System Mode
      • Per-Car Settings File for Modders (mostly)
      • Per-Track Settings File
Absolutely recommended.
Wy Steam GTR2 ?
I have a original version on a DVD Gtr2 with a licence key, is this not running with crew chief?

Seems to not run with anniversary patch either?
Did you ever run GTR2_SETUP.CMD within 16th Anniversary Patch archive ? Because it is clearly written : see screenshots ;)

Attachments

• GTR2_SETUP0.jpg
    GTR2_SETUP0.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 374
  • GTR2_SETUP1.jpg
    GTR2_SETUP1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 365
  • GTR2_SETUP2.jpg
    GTR2_SETUP2.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 364
  • GTR2_SETUP3.jpg
    GTR2_SETUP3.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 344
Yes I know, many people tried the 10th (it is 16th now) Anniversary patch long time ago and keep their mind on it when it was at this state... but I add new fixes and features every week since the beginning : I uploaded 15 hotfixes since v16.0.0 in the last month so you can imagine the work done during 7 years. GTR2 base game (v1.1 with unique and ridiculous 20Mo SimBin patch) is full of bugs everywhere : when you really play it deeply during years these bugs, even small, are really annoying. In comparison GT Legends is surprisingly quite bug free.

To answer your CrewChief question : I made specific MOTEC and WIPERS especially for this plugin in all HQ cars. Without CrewChief the hq cars wipers are automatic when it rains (you have no control) with 1 unique speed, whereas CrewChief plugin version will bring wiper button control with 2 speed and you can enable/disable wipers when you want, moreover in dry weather condition running wipers will clear the dirtscreen layer to 0.
About motec I have added by default brake/tyre temperatures to all hq cars (hit space bar several times to cycle info pages) plus CrewChief adds new pages like your class position and tyre wear.

Last edited:
I can confirm that Crew Chief is perfectly working with the Patch as I'm using it since the 1st day I learnt it was done for GTR2 and worked with the Patch ... surely 2 years ago now.

CC has so many advantages now with all @The Iron Wolf improvements that we can nearly say it is nearly a requirement for GTR2 users nowadays.... moreover especially if you drive with VR.

Yes I know, many people tried the 10th (it is 16th now) Anniversary patch long time ago and keep their mind on it when it was at this state... but I add new fixes and features every week since the beginning : I uploaded 15 hotfixes since v16.0.0 in the last month so you can imagine the work done during 7 years. GTR2 base game (v1.1 with unique and ridiculous 20Mo SimBin patch) is full of bugs everywhere : when you really play it deeply during years these bugs, even small, are really annoying. In comparison GT Legends is surprisingly quite bug free.

To answer your CrewChief question : I made specific MOTEC and WIPERS especially for this plugin in all HQ cars. Without CrewChief the hq cars wipers are automatic when it rains (you have no control) with 1 unique speed, whereas CrewChief plugin version will bring wiper button control with 2 speed and you can enable/disable wipers when you want, moreover in dry weather condition running wipers will clear the dirtscreen layer to 0.
About motec I have added by default brake/tyre temperatures to all hq cars (hit space bar several times to cycle info pages) plus CrewChief adds new pages like your class position and tyre wear.
And I'll use this opportunity to thank you for your help with this again. Yesterday, I updated my wiper patch for C63 AMG DTM 2018 to use centered wiper created by you - it looks great, and replicates reality better! Bonus: I didn't even have to remap :D all perfectly aligned :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Did you ever run GTR2_SETUP.CMD within 16th Anniversary Patch archive ? Because it is clearly written : see screenshots ;)

I wasn't sure about this, myself. I'll add this as another way to get Crew Chief working.

Edit: Updated OP 'requires' tag to include HQ Anniversary Patch

Last edited:
Setup (screen VII) it's not detecting CC, says it must be installed on default path. I have CC installed under Program Files x86\Britton IT Ltd\. Do I really need to reinstall the whole application again?

Setup (screen VII) it's not detecting CC, says it must be installed on default path. I have CC installed under Program Files x86\Britton IT Ltd\. Do I really need to reinstall the whole application again?
Indeed my setup only recognizes the default path install in C: but you can override this :
- you can manually copy the files as @The Iron Wolf wrote at thecrewchief.org in his "happy path" tutorial
- you can open my GTR2_SETUP.CMD with notepad (notepad++ recommended for its advanced search-replace tool), search for "britton" and you will find the line where my setup look for : replace path with yours and save. Re-run GTR2_SETUP and it should work with your path where you have installed CrewChief.

Last edited:
Indeed my setup only recognizes the default path install in C: but you can override this :
- you can manually copy the files as @The Iron Wolf wrote at thecrewchief.org in his "happy path" tutorial
- you can open my GTR2_SETUP.CMD with notepad (notepad++ recommended for its advanced search-replace tool), search for "britton" and you will find the line where my setup look for : replace path with yours and save. Re-run GTR2_SETUP and it should work with your path where you have installed CrewChief.
Awesome, thank you. Managed to install it.

A bit of an announcement: I managed to wire rFactor RealFeelPlugin into CCGEP. One surprising thing about RFP is that it turned out much easier to tune up compared to stock FFB (IMHO of course). It doesn't magically improve FFB (that should be coming from quality cars and detailed tracks), but it is much easier to configure. You can try it now in Beta, and Beta's are available at CCGEP Discord https://discord.gg/BqPh6ubBR7.

And, thanks to @Shovas for megaton of testing and data collection for all the physics and FFB stuff this year. And for inventing buch of time saving acronyms like CCGEP, psync, 400p/400i :D

Last edited:
Wiper animation? ...... you know what they say, if something seems too good to be true...
very old demo of button controllable wipers and work in progress DTM DRS LED ;)

However, you are partially right - this wiper is a compromise, it's just an animation made of sequence of textures made by GTR233. So it's not a 3D blade and pixel shader rain. BUT, the advantage is that is easy to update cars and add wipers.

Last edited:
very old demo of button controllable wipers and work in progress DTM DRS LED ;)

However, you are partially right - this wiper is a compromise, it's just an animation made of sequence of textures made by GTR233. So it's not a 3D blade and pixel shader rain. BUT, the advantage is that is easy to update cars and add wipers.
If we think back to early Colin McRae Rally 2 for PS they had pretty good wipers with dynamic raindrops hitting the screen then being wiped away, around the same time Simbin were developing GTR2. Shame SimBin missed that, never really understood why it's not been solved, though i suspect it's a technical matter..

Last edited:
If we think back to early Colin McRae Rally 2 for PS they had pretty good wipers with dynamic raindrops hitting the screen then being wiped away, around the same time Simbin were developing GTR2. Shame SimBin missed that, never really understood why it's not been solved, though i suspect it's a technical matter..
1) this approach has rain drops, and they were recently further improved by GTR233 (and another proof this is successuful approach, old cars work with just a tiny update, so dozens and dozens work), it's just video is primarily about the DRS LED and is horrible in general.

2) I don't think there was "technical reason". If I am not mistaken, Race07 has nice wiper and rain animation.

Last edited:
1) this approach as rain drops, and they were recently further improved by GTR233 (and another proof this is successuful approach, old cars work with just a tiny update, so dozens and dozens work), it's just video is primarily about the DRS LED and is horrible in general.

2) I don't think there was "technical reason". If I am not mistaken, Race07 has nice wiper and rain animation.
I've downloaded the wiper updates several times, from the multiple HQ / anniversary / Patch etc which have appeared in recent years, but I've never seemed to be able to get them to work. Obviously an installation error on my part.

I have made wiper animation for the first time in GTR2 15th Anniversary patch (3 months of work to make more than 400 images and each image is made of 8 layers for single wiper and 12 layers for dual) and not the (very) old 10th Anniversary patch that everybody speaks about. The first version was not smooth enough and many people did not like the exagerated wiping effect with big white lines, so I have improved it a lot this year for 16th Anniv. : butter smooth anim now with more subtle wiping effect (now you see only the swipe drying lines in the dark and quite invisible by day as most people asked me).
How to :
-Install GTR2
-install 16th Anniversary patch 16.0.0 (3 parts to download then use only 7z.001)
-install hotfix 16.0.16
by default normal (non crewchief) wipers are on for all hq cars : you have nothing to do as it is automatic when it rains.

if you want wipers in PnG3 cars then run GTR2_SETUP.CMD and enable PnG3 HQ Anniversary Patch page XVI (options #1 or #2 but not #3)

If you have crewchief plugin then enable advanced wipers page XVII of setup.

By the way it is not only a moving wiper but there are moving raindrops (mix of reworked simbin + AL SFX) and real wiping effect animations. Last but not least, there is rain on side windows which adds a lot to immersion.

Attachments

• GRAB_001.jpg
    GRAB_001.jpg
    569.2 KB · Views: 127
  • GRAB_002.jpg
    GRAB_002.jpg
    600.5 KB · Views: 125
  • GRAB_003.jpg
    GRAB_003.jpg
    580.3 KB · Views: 115
  • GRAB_004.jpg
    GRAB_004.jpg
    587.5 KB · Views: 118
  • GRAB_005.jpg
    GRAB_005.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 141
  • GRAB_006.jpg
    GRAB_006.jpg
    474.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
A bit of an update on RFP: it turns out that LeoFFB part of RFP is very, very good. The only issue is that it does not respect power steering kicking in on cars that have it. I added that capability in Beta 2.3.0.10. Next, I will be fixing the oscillation that happens at high gain and LeoFFB stationary friction applied. It looks like wiring RFP wasn't a waste of time after all.

Update: and, oscillation fixed in 2.3.0.13. I think wiring is complete. Will update plugin manual with some hints on RFP configuration in the next few days. Next, add button controllable per car FFB multiplier.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back