Resource icon

Cars Shelby Cobra 289 MOD 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thank you for your comments Orange4000. I am also on the lookout for a Fiat X/19. Lately I have been really focusing on 50's and 60's sports cars and putting similar cars together for some fun old school races. No modern electronic assistance items. Some of those old cars initially feel like they drive badly but if you keep at it and practice you can sometimes discover a hidden gem. Sometimes. Other times the car is just a bad mod, haha. I am an old Microsoft Flight Simulator geek and I learned my way around file mods with that hobby. I am usually pretty particular about accuracy when modding where possible but I never forget the ultimate idea is to have fun after all.

Again, thanks for your amazing job.
Just a small visual thing, if I may: in 'car.ini' the header is 2, but SHORT NAME is missing and screen name has still 'underscore' (obviously not a problem, just 'aesthetics').

car.ini.png

OldRebel submitted a new resource:

Shelby Cobra 289 MOD - An attempt to reproduce a 289 AC Cobra

Now that's more like it (to quote an old Chevy ad). But do you intend this hybrid to be a street car or a track-day car? (Judging by the tires' excessive grip, I'd say the latter.) If for the track, you've got the wrong rear ratios - the three-four shift is like falling off El Capitan. So your next update might want to include the classic Borg-Warner T-10 'rock-crusher' ratios: 2.36/1.61/1.10/1,00. Jus' sayin'

Now that's more like it (to quote an old Chevy ad). But do you intend this hybrid to be a street car or a track-day car? (Judging by the tires' excessive grip, I'd say the latter.) If for the track, you've got the wrong rear ratios - the three-four shift is like falling off El Capitan. So your next update might want to include the classic Borg-Warner T-10 'rock-crusher' ratios: 2.36/1.61/1.10/1,00. Jus' sayin'
Thank you for your comment and it is an interesting one. I had looked up the specs for the 289 Cobra and changed the transmission ratios in the data file to match those specs when I did this mod. I will check again from different sources and also will check diff ratio options. To be frank I found this car to be so much fun to drive so quickly after the original mod that I may have uploaded it too soon and should have spent more time fine-tuning it. Comments like yours will help make that happen. Thanks again.

Thank you for your comment and it is an interesting one. I had looked up the specs for the 289 Cobra and changed the transmission ratios in the data file to match those specs when I did this mod. I will check again from different sources and also will check diff ratio options. To be frank I found this car to be so much fun to drive so quickly after the original mod that I may have uploaded it too soon and should have spent more time fine-tuning it. Comments like yours will help make that happen. Thanks again.
Forgot to mention that my thoughts were that this car would likely be more in the street car category. I really did it for fun originally and was just going to keep it to myself until I found how it turned out. Then I posted it and things have taken off and the interest caught me by surprise.

Again, thanks for your amazing job.
Just a small visual thing, if I may: in 'car.ini' the header is 2, but SHORT NAME is missing and screen name has still 'underscore' (obviously not a problem, just 'aesthetics').

View attachment 323120
Thank you for this. I just made these changes in the car.ini file. I am also working on getting the flames to work as per another posters request. After re-doing my research on transmission ratios, proper diff ratios, and making changes if needed I will release another update. I feel I have been doing too many small updates in too short of a time frame so the next one will include a number of improvements. Input from people like you is very helpful. Thanks again.

Thank you for this. I just made these changes in the car.ini file. I am also working on getting the flames to work as per another posters request. After re-doing my research on transmission ratios, proper diff ratios, and making changes if needed I will release another update. I feel I have been doing too many small updates in too short of a time frame so the next one will include a number of improvements. Input from people like you is very helpful. Thanks again.
Keep up the good work! It's great to have a modder who actually listens to his/her 'customers' rather than respond to every constructive criticism with a wounded-ego hissy fit.

Hey folks, I am having lots of trouble trying to get the exhaust flames working on this mod. Any assistance or tips would be welcome. I have been online looking for solutions but nothing is working so far. A new format for flames in version 1.5, FMOD, and Content Manager custom showroom settings seem to have made this a complex issue. Well, for me anyway. I feel like I'm missing something simple.

Hi. I haven't heard of that one before. I am currently trying to get the flames working on the mod but am having no luck so far. In the instructions I said to download and install the original full meco/p..pus mod. If you did that then go into the meco shelby_cobra folder. Open the texture folder and copy the flames folder. Then paste it over the flames folder in the 289 cobra texture file. See if that works. I am likely to post another update soon even if the flames aren't working as I made a few other changes. It will be content manager friendly as well and I will, of course, test it thoroughly myself before uploading. Stay tuned. Thanks for posting.

OldRebel updated Shelby Cobra 289 MOD with a new update entry:

Version 1.1

This update includes several changes. A couple were prompted by members here and feedback I have received. This car has no issues when analyzed by Content Manager. There are still no currently working exhaust flames although I have tried and tried. The headlights light up the road but do not look like they're on when viewing the car. Taillights and brake lights work fine.
Update list for 1.1
Corrected mass again back to what I calculated it should be.
Changed vehicle titling in car.ini...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back