Share your VR graphic settings

First feeling on my side, it got worse regarding performance - have a stuttery menu, stuttery start, and it's blurry again - multi player was playable (just) with fatal crashes at the end of the race - and a buggy start where the car would not move forward, only backwards, and then fell through the map - lots to improve...

I downloaded latest drivers for my gtx 1060 6, changed a few setting but still really poor. Anyone know what the default settings for graphics are? When it was on default, and using my DK2 it was fine! Now i switched to CV1 its not fine!

Imroved performance by adding r.AOquality=0 and r.LensFlarequality=0.

[ConsoleVariables]
vr.RoundRobinOcclusion=1
r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1
r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.1
r.TemporalAASamples=8
r.TemporalAASharpness=0.8
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=2
r.VolumetricFog=0
r.RenderTargetPoolMin=350
r.BloomQuality=4
r.AOquality=0
r.LensFlareQuality=0
r.SceneColorFormat=2
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0
r.AmbientOcclusionRadiusScale=1.7
r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=16
r.ShadowQuality=4
R.DFshadowquality=1
r.Shadow.MaxResolution=512
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.MipMapLODBias=-0.8
r.HZBOcclusion=0
r.SSR.quality=0
r.SSR.MaxRoughness=0.1
r.RHICmdBypass=0
r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades=2
r.LightShaftDownSampleFactor=4
r.TiledDeferredShading.MinimumCount=10
FX.AllowGPUSorting=0

For my liking, i added motion blur. It tends to smoothen everything a bit, but maybe it`s just my brain.... . If you also like to have motion blur activated in vr, add vr.AllowMotionBlurInVR=1 and enable Motion Blur in ACC settings.
I applied these settings and went from 45 with a mix of in game settings and 130% pixel to max settiings and 90fps! I have tried a full grid at night and storm with 150% pixel and Max settings and getting a solid 45 fps bow instead of stutters and drops below 45!
Thanks heap as ACC looks great and is nice and smooth now!

I downloaded latest drivers for my gtx 1060 6, changed a few setting but still really poor. Anyone know what the default settings for graphics are? When it was on default, and using my DK2 it was fine! Now i switched to CV1 its not fine!

The CV1 has a refresh rate of 90hz, so much more demanding than the dk2, you have to force at 45fps.

Imroved performance by adding r.AOquality=0 and r.LensFlarequality=0.

[ConsoleVariables]
vr.RoundRobinOcclusion=1
r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1
r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.1
r.TemporalAASamples=8
r.TemporalAASharpness=0.8
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=2
r.VolumetricFog=0
r.RenderTargetPoolMin=350
r.BloomQuality=4
r.AOquality=0
r.LensFlareQuality=0
r.SceneColorFormat=2
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0
r.AmbientOcclusionRadiusScale=1.7
r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=16
r.ShadowQuality=4
R.DFshadowquality=1
r.Shadow.MaxResolution=512
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.MipMapLODBias=-0.8
r.HZBOcclusion=0
r.SSR.quality=0
r.SSR.MaxRoughness=0.1
r.RHICmdBypass=0
r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades=2
r.LightShaftDownSampleFactor=4
r.TiledDeferredShading.MinimumCount=10
FX.AllowGPUSorting=0

For my liking, i added motion blur. It tends to smoothen everything a bit, but maybe it`s just my brain.... . If you also like to have motion blur activated in vr, add vr.AllowMotionBlurInVR=1 and enable Motion Blur in ACC settings.
Where are these settings please?
Do I need to add them to the engine ini file? Thanks

Good morning,

found some pretty interesting variables for VR, but as i am at work at the moment and on family holiday this weekend, i'm not able to validate if these variables will work in ACC:

vr.InstancedStereo=
vr.LensMatchedShading=
vr.MultiRes=
vr.SinglePassStereo=
vr.MGPU=

These variables seem to be Nvidia Graphics Cards only.

Maybe somebody got some time testing these commands seperately wether on (1) or off (0). I hope, that Lens matched shading will gain performance.

Too late, I have to leave home for several days but did someone test these settings?
Pretty sure the Nvidia cards have some interesting feature to handle better the VR

I applied these settings and went from 45 with a mix of in game settings and 130% pixel to max settiings and 90fps! I have tried a full grid at night and storm with 150% pixel and Max settings and getting a solid 45 fps bow instead of stutters and drops below 45!
Thanks heap as ACC looks great and is nice and smooth now!

You are right!
The performances have somehow increased a lot!
To me ACC looks great in VR... and my specs aren't the most updated on earth, for sure!

Unionjackstar for President!:)

Apparently the benefit is : This allows developers to almost double the geometric complexity of VR applications, increasing the richness and detail of their virtual world.
I am not sure to understand how it is going to help us (the user) at this point.

The more geometry you have to render (world detail, reflections, shadows, car LOD, draw distance, etc) the more the CPU becomes the bottleneck instead of the GPU. GPU's are most likely to be limited by fill-rate stuff (resolution, shaders complexity).

The quote above helps us because the performance issues in today's VR games come mostly from the CPU not being able to prepare the graphics tasks fast enough. This happens because most VR games are DX11 and unfortunately DX11 CPU render tasks are single-threaded (uses one thread, even if your CPU has 16 available).

The more geometry you have to render (world detail, reflections, shadows, car LOD, draw distance, etc) the more the CPU becomes the bottleneck instead of the GPU. GPU's are most likely to be limited by fill-rate stuff (resolution, shaders complexity).

The quote above helps us because the performance issues in today's VR games come mostly from the CPU not being able to prepare the graphics tasks fast enough. This happens because most VR games are DX11 and unfortunately DX11 CPU render tasks are single-threaded (uses one thread, even if your CPU has 16 available).

Its not the same for DX12?
DX12 for VR? Never saw this.
Anyway many games I'll tryed in DX11 or Dx12 had almost no differences...

Whit my 2080ti, i got better performance in ACC than AC...

How is adding the line in engine.ini going to help us if it is not implemented in the game?

I tried it last night and the only thing I can say is that the sim didn't crash. Can't really say if it's activated or not. In Prepar3D, for example, you have the option to activate it, and it does perform better than with the default two-pass stereo mode. I would need to test more thoroughly.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back