Share your VR graphic settings

I had all but given up on ACC on my Rift CV1. My new Reverb G2 came last week and today was the first time I fired up ACC. Holy smokes! The performance is actually better - no stuttering. And gone are pixely graphics, replaced with smooth images. Pleasantly surprised.

i have now graphically optimized acc to 90% usage of my 3080 on 60hz (G2). On 90hz my ryzen 3600 drops to 70 fps and thats why i switched to 60hz. But still i get some stutter in some corners (fpsvr shows me red bars or high green peaks ( i would say 5-10 per lap) . A ryzen 5600x has probably 20% higher per core performance. Would the upgrade solve these peaks /stutters? I do get these stutters in hotlap but faaaar less noticable. Besides reducing car visibilty there are no cpu enhancing settings?

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

i have now graphically optimized acc to 90% usage of my 3080 on 60hz (G2). On 90hz my ryzen 3600 drops to 70 fps and thats why i switched to 60hz. But still i get some stutter in some corners (fpsvr shows me red bars or high green peaks ( i would say 5-10 per lap) . A ryzen 5600x has probably 20% higher per core performance. Would the upgrade solve these peaks /stutters? I do get these stutters in hotlap but faaaar less noticable. Besides reducing car visibilty there are no cpu enhancing settings?
I don't think it's VR specific, some corners (track areas) are worse optimized than others and cause stuttering even on flat screen if you don't have huge headroom.

Reverb G2 - Ryzen 5 5600X - Radeon 6800XT

Bought ACC thinking it would be my go to sim only to find out that it is a VR disaster. Spent a day trying to get it to work anywhere near OK and basically gave up. Found this thread and Andrew_WOT's setting and thought I would give it another try. Sadly it still can't come anywhere close to Assetto Corsa in the looks department. Comparing Spa between the two the difference is night and day. To get ACC anywhere near the graphic quality of AC means it runs like an 1890s film.

As I don't notice much difference between 90fps and 60fps I run the lower and crank up the settings. On AC I can run a grid of 30 cars in a thunderstorm at a very high graphics level and not drop any frames. On ACC anything more than 20m away is a pixelated mess and unplayable for me knowing what I can achieve with AC.

Now just waiting for Ilja to finish the new wet tyres and sort out AI in the rain.

• Deleted member 197115

Don't disagree, AC looks stunning on G2, so does AMS2, but neither of them is ACC, unfortunately.
How is the new rain performance, as bad as night conditions?

@Andrew_WOT I downloaded your settings when I got my G2 last year, about october.

Unfortunately I put my G2 in to 60hz mode, saw it in the cliff house and went no further. The strobing at 60hz made it not worth continuing for me.

Yesterday I decided to just give it a go and got your very latest, which might not have changed. I decided not to put on the headset until I was in game.. maybe I wouldnt notice.

I have to say that I dont notice any strobing at all when playing and perhaps HP/MS have had an update that helped a bit, not sure.

The end result, I am getting 60hz all the time, no dips down and it is clear. It's clear in cockpit and clear in the distance. Very happy now as ACC has been a title that I bought day one and had never been used other than every 6 months just to see if the vr was better. Happy to give it a good go.. already I see it drives a bit diffferently than gt3 in iracing.

Don't disagree, AC looks stunning on G2, so does AMS2, but neither of them is ACC, unfortunately.
How is the new rain performance, as bad as night conditions?
Hi Andrew, Peter and Ilja have been optimising SOL & CSP so not too hard a hit. I set Steam pixels to 50% as per your settings (I usually have it at 100-120%) and ran hot laps at Spa. So at 60fps I have to keep it within about 16ms to have smoothness.

NOON - NO CLOUDS ~ 7ms
NOON - RAIN ~ 9.5ms
NOON HEAVY THUNDERSTORM ~ 10ms
MIDNITE - NO CLOUDS ~ 9ms
MIDNITE - RAIN ~ 11.5ms
MIDNITE - HEAVY THUNDERSTORM ~ 12ms

I then tried the same but with a 24 car grid starting last

NOON - NO CLOUDS ~ 10ms
NOON - RAIN ~ 14ms
NOON HEAVY THUNDERSTORM ~ 14ms couple of dropped frames avg 59.8fps
MIDNITE - NO CLOUDS ~11ms
MIDNITE - RAIN ~ 15ms reprojected into 1st and last turn avg for lap 56.1fps
MIDNITE - HEAVY THUNDERSTORM ~ 15ms same repro as above 55.7fps avg

So rain added 2 to 4ms and night 1or 2ms all at 50% pixels.

I then turned it up to 100% pixels and ran 43 Indy cars at Michigan Speedway. Shame about the lack of decent oval AI though and these cars are crap at midnight in the rain :laugh: but a nice blue sky gives 60fps.

I want to love ACC but I don't get why everything in the cockpit is beautiful but anything 20m away is just a mass of flickering pixels. That's where I spend all my time looking. The sound rocks though and the FFB seems to work out of the box while in AC it needs FFBClip mod to feel 'right'.

TLDR; I need a GPU that's 4 x more powerful and when I've got that I will need a more powerful one still!

Reverb G2 - Ryzen 5 5600X - Radeon 6800XT

Here are my custom VR settings for Oculus Quest 2 with 90Hz, forced ASW.
PC Specs:
Ryzen 5 5600x,
Zotac RTX3060TI OC,
32GB 3200MHz,
1TB NVMe

Code:
{
    "resolutionQuality": 50,
    "viewDistanceQuality": 3,
    "antiAliasingQuality": 3,
    "shadowQuality": 2,
    "postProcessQuality": 0,
    "textureQuality": 2,
    "effectsQuality": 2,
    "foliageQuality": 0,
    "mirrorQualityLevel": 3,
    "mirrorFramerateCap": 90,
    "maxCarsVisible": 0,
    "isAATemporal": true,
    "aACustom": 0,
    "pixelDensity": 2,
    "mirrorDistance": 7000,
    "advancedSharpenFilter": false,
    "materialsQuality": 2,
    "temporalUpsampling": true,
    "volumetricFog": 1,
    "bloomLevel": 0.30000001192092896,
    "bloomQuality": 2,
    "mirrorsResolution": 1,
    "foliageLodQuality": 0.60000002384185791,
    "carLODSet": 100,
    "hLODEnabled": false,
    "shadowDistanceQuality": 1,
    "frameLimit": 90,
    "isMBlurEnabled": 0,
    "colorSaturation": 1,
    "sharpen": 2.2000000476837158,
    "cameraDirtLevel": 3,
    "whiteBalance": 9300,
    "imageExposureGain": 0.39999997615814209,
    "imageContrast": 0.5,
    "hmdWorldToMeters": 80,
    "fpsCapUI": true,
    "useLegacyTonemapper": false,
    "hDRColorGamut": 2,
    "hDRUILevel": 1
}

Here Engine.ini part:
Code:
[ConsoleVariables]
vr.InstancedStereo=1
vr.RoundRobinOcclusion=1
RHI.MaximumFrameLatency=2
r.OneFrameThreadLag=1
r.FinishCurrentFrame=0
r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=16
r.DFshadowquality=1
r.Shadow.MaxResolution=512
r.HZBOcclusion=0
r.SSR.quality=0
r.SSR.MaxRoughness=0.1
r.RHICmdBypass=0
r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades=2
r.LightShaftDownSampleFactor=4
r.TiledDeferredShading.MinimumCount=10
FX.AllowGPUSorting=0
r.PostProcessAAQuality=6
r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.2
r.TemporalAASamples=4
r.MipMapLODBias=-0.5
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0

[/script/engine.renderersettings]
a.URO.ForceAnimRate=2
a.URO.ForceInterpolation=1
r.OptimizeForUAVPerformance=1
r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1
r.Streaming.DefragDynamicBounds=1
r.Streaming.FramesForFullUpdate=1
r.Streaming.HLODStrategy=2
r.UseShaderCaching=1
r.UseShaderPredraw=1
r.bForceCPUAccessToGPUSkinVerts=True

Its running constant >45FPS, looks very good, but still not as good as AMS2 or PC2... In Oculus software I stick to default 1x SS, in ACC I set to 200%.

Still have 10-15% overhead in performance overlay.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any tips for adjusting settings to be able to see braking boards at night? I'm finding they're completely washed out/white from the headlights, while on flat screen that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm using Andrew_WOT's settings with a Reverb G2 and 2080S.

Thanks!

• Deleted member 197115

Does anyone have any tips for adjusting settings to be able to see braking boards at night? I'm finding they're completely washed out/white from the headlights, while on flat screen that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm using Andrew_WOT's settings with a Reverb G2 and 2080S.

Thanks!
May be increase Bloom quality and drop Exposure a bit.

Finally got hold of a Zen3 CPU (5800x) and that has solved all the issues of not being able to consistently hit 90fps. Can now run the G2 at native 90fps (reproj disabled) with a mix of high and ultra settings, 18 cars visible, AO enabled. Still takes a large hit at Nurburgring at night in rain, so I have a night gfx setting that knocks down a few values to keep the 90fps. Very happy, well worth going from the 3900x to 5800x!

Something strange is happening with the resolution settings. I've found that the best image quality on the G2 for me is to have SteamVR at 20% (!!!) and then in ACC pixel density at 180-200% and resolution scale at 90% +/- for performance. That gets rid of a lot of shimmering I was getting with "normal" settings.

I'd have thought the SteamVR res would be the final res for the display but it is obviously still high res as the menus have not gone down in quality and edges are still high res, so ACC must be ignoring it somewhat.

There's a bug with Temporal Upsampling too. I had it not working again and tracked it down to "panniniProjection" having a non-zero value in Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\cameraSettings.json. I've never touched triple screen settings so not sure why that ever got changed.

So if anyone has an issue with Temporal Upsampling not giving a visible difference with high pixel density and/or low resolution scale, then check that setting.

20%? as in steamVR @ 20%? or ACC per application resolution at 20%?

it seems odd because if you adjust the steamvr resolution scale at the root level - you may notice if you go then adjust your per application level the resolution per eye is out of whack.

Please confirm the 20% res when you have a moment. thanks

Shouldn't make a difference which one is set to 20% but I have the general setting at 100% and the SteamVR per application setting for ACC at 20% as I don't want 20% for all SteamVR apps :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back