Share your VR graphic settings

90 FPS on large grids, no ASW/Forced Motion Smoothing needed.

I have a decent computer, but nothing special especially for VR. I hope some of you will benefit from these settings.

The game will still look absolutely terrible, but these settings are not blurry, stable, and competitively viable (You will be able to clearly see other cars, and braking markers)

I have a R7 3800x and a RTX 2060. I use the HTC Vive

V Sync: Off
FPS limiter: Off

Resolution Scale: 50%
View Distance: Mid
Shadows: Low
Shadows Distance: Low
Antialiasing: Off (You can set this to High if you can't deal with it being off, but you will have to use Forced Motion Smoothing or ASW)
Antialiasing Type: Temporal
Effects: Low
Post Processing: Low
Texture: Mid
Mirror View Distance: 100 meters
Mirror Quality: Low
Mirror Framerate Limit: Auto
Mirror Resolution: Low
Opponents Visible: 10

VR Pixel Density: 110%
Virtual To Real Scale: 100%

Materials Quality: Mid
Temporal Upsampling: Enabled
Bloom Quality: Off
Volumetric Fog: Disabled
Foliage LOD Quality: Very Low
Car LOD Quality: 25%
HLOD: Enabled
Advanced Sharpen Filter: Disabled

Motion Blur: Disabled
Saturation: 100
White Balance: Warm
Sharpness: 100%
Camera Dirt Effect: 3.0
Image Contrast: 0.50
Exposure Gain: 0.40
Tone Mapping: Aces

Last edited:
Is it possible to tweak this Engine.ini parameters on-the-fly in ACC with console input?

I have seen, there is a UE4 console unlocker, which is mentioned to be compatible with ACC. It would make tweaking the Engine file much easier. Has somebody already tested it?
tried, doesn't seem to take effect live (tried changing AA, MipLODBias on the fly, maybe need to quit and reload the session, so probably not very useful, shame

But there's a visual thing, which annoys me. Even on Shadows=Epic the undercar shadow vanishes quite early. After about 30-40 virtual meters the shadow under the car ist gone, and it looks floaty.
I have to correct myself. I only had Shadow distance = Epic, but Shadows only at Medium. This explains the low render distance of the shadow under the car.
If i set Shadows=Epic as well, then the car shadow is visible on a longer distance.

I have also tested the Ambient Occlusion parameters in Engine.ini. Yes, it looks better with AO. But my frametimes in VR are going up by 1-2ms with AO enabled.
I tried AO enabled with Shadows set on High instead, which helps in performance. But in the end i decided to go with AO disabled and Shadows on epic.

Can anyone send me VR settings for Quest 2 and similar PC configuration to mine?
My PC:
Ryzen 5 5600X
RTX3060TI
32GB DDR4

I need it to be able to handle 45FPS steady with ASW to 90FPS, full pack races. I don't care about trees around circuit look, what I care about is cars rear lights to be visible. The I think almost everything to LOW, but VR Pixel density and CAR LOD as high as possible? Also AA to different settings? Some time ago I've had Q1, and that were settings that changed the most...
But now - is there anyone who has similar PC specs and can share settings?

Forced reprojection has higher overhead than Auto, you can compare GPU load of Forced and Auto both running at 45fps in fpsVR. That can stop your achieving 45 fps if headroom is pretty slim.
Me and others had better results in Auto and limiting frames in ACC to ~47fps.
But again, I am getting best visuals in 60hz mode, reprojection even when smooth looks like a downgrade, image is not as crisp and starts getting blurrier around edges. Plus it makes me feel dizzy after a while.

BTW, any plans on revisiting Heavy Messing after all FFB updates on Reiza side, or you wrote off this title completely?

I'm going to need to send my G2 back at some point and get it replaced. Think it's a Friday job. If both screens flickered as little as the right hand one I could probably get along with it. Left hand screen is really bad though and has a dead pixel right in the middle that now I've noticed is always there.

I've been thinking of getting back into AMS2 more as ACC got a bit serious and lost some fun with league racing. Been looking at adding a better brake loading feel, so yeah probably will... I think they are still a while away from sorting out the issues that they should have done months ago instead of releasing more content, but I'm sure they will get there.

hi,
i have the reverb g2
i find setting in ACC for retro at 45 fps (90hz) constant or 60 fps with 60hz.
but some time, i have drop of fps.but i dont know why.
i can have 60 fps constant... with the 60 hz.. and have drop of fps at 55 fps...
and with retro, i can have 45 fps contant... but with some drop fps a 42 fps..
it s really strange..
how i can have drop fps at 45 hz and the same time never going under 50 fps at 60hz.

• Deleted member 197115

hi,
i have the reverb g2
i can have 60 fps constant... with the 60 hz.. and have drop of fps at 55 fps...
it s really strange..
how i can have drop fps at 45 hz and the same time never going under 50 fps at 60hz.
Reprojection adds hefty overhead on GPU side. Based on MS doc to get smooth reprojection experience the system should be able to maintain 60fps without.
When motion reprojection is enabled, all Steam VR games will render nominally at ½ frame rate (45 fps instead of 90 FPS) while Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR uses motion vectors generated by the GPU to extrapolate the next frame. For SteamVR games that reliably hit 60 FPS+ on a given PC, this should result in a solid 90 FPS experience with occasional artifacts while maintaining a comfortable experience.

hi,
i have the reverb g2
it s really strange..

Yes, I've had this problem too. Happens if motion reprojection is on or off. I think it's a combination of several things - deferred renderer in ACC, WMR reprojection being bad, nvidia drivers causing stuttering. Even with settings set so I can maintain 90fps with dips to min of 80fps, enabling reprojection will still drop frames every now and then.

Nvidia's latest drivers have a fix for their frame dropping issue (as long as you aren't using any hardware monitoring apps), so make sure you are on 461.40 or later.

Engine.ini tweaks that helped:
vr.InstancedStereo=1
vr.RoundRobinOcclusion=0
RHI.MaximumFrameLatency=2
r.OneFrameThreadLag=1
r.FinishCurrentFrame=0

Forcing WMR reprojection always on also helps as there is stuttering when moving between on and off.

So... I want to revive this thread. I'm using a 1080ti with a G2 and with wots ini. I'm using 60hz cos asw does not work good in Acc. I also don't have allot of flicker in 60hz cos the one good thing bout acc, is that it has allot of image settings. I did decreased brightness allot and uped color and contrast instead.
OK im drifting a bit off... It works real nice in multi-player. But now I finally got a 3080 and want to know if some of u have settings? I would prefer 60hz settings with some eye candy. Should I turn occlusion back on?

Last edited:
I'm using the G2-60 settings pretty much as is to get a fairly smooth 90fps in game. I run Steam VR SS at 80% globally and 80% for this sim in per game SS (I might be slightly out with the last 2 figures but I'm not near the pc right now).

I'm still not enamoured with the look of this game in vr compared to iRacing, RRE, AMS2 and rFactor2. It looks unrealistic and the cars seem like they're floating above the ground. On a monitor it looks amazing, in VR its meh

• Deleted member 197115

The floating should be pretty much non existent with Shadows quality on Epic and AO enabled (it's disabled in my engine.ini), you can remove from there and use PostProcessing Effects Quality to control it instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 197115

And on those floaters. Look at that.
Just released.
- Added real-time contact shadows in Visual Options.
Less taxing alternative to using the highest settings for regular dynamic shadows, also helps with shadow pop and undercar shadows when objects leave the shadow cascade.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.