Share your VR graphic settings

Just so you guys know, ReShade now works with VR games. I have it working on AC and rF2 and the difference is HUGE.

I can't make it work for ACC though, as it crashes Unreal upon launch. I also can't make it work for AMS2 as it just won't launch in VR (works fine on flat).

I'll leave it here so you can work your magic. It is UNBELIEVABLE the difference it makes in AC. I actually dropped from 180% SS to 100% and it is still WAY clearer lol. Could be huge for ACC...

Just so you guys know, ReShade now works with VR games. I have it working on AC and rF2 and the difference is HUGE.

I can't make it work for ACC though, as it crashes Unreal upon launch. I also can't make it work for AMS2 as it just won't launch in VR (works fine on flat).

I'll leave it here so you can work your magic. It is UNBELIEVABLE the difference it makes in AC. I actually dropped from 180% SS to 100% and it is still WAY clearer lol. Could be huge for ACC...

Yes I have the same experience, it's a must to get this working !!

I also get the fatal error unfortunately... Any idea's are of course welcome, maybe it's possible to get it working with some "creativity".

Yestaerday I was traying the engine.ini and the json confings from Andrew and NuScorpii and the diference is clear. Then I was playing arround with in game configs, night, rain, ia´s... I finally got a good compromise between quality and get 80fps on my rift-s almost all the time, but doing this test I realized that its imposible to get a really goo quality on other cars when they are about 50 or 60m far away. Other cars are perfect when side to side but aliasing and lack of detail starts from the moment they get some distance. It´s a shame, I got best quality from AC + CSP + SOL

By the way, what is the function of "spectatorScreenMode": 0 ?

Last edited:
Hi guys! I continue to make test on this ini files, I got a significant level up of quality but there is nothing I can do to get free of this annoying "ghost" shadows on cars and on some fences on track.
Tried different AA config but it dont desapear and this is maybe the most distracting thig for me cause in Rift-S I see it clearly.
Am I the only who has this? I didn´t see any report of this problem.

Here is a steam screeshot from mirror while on a replay. I raised the HMD to have better view of the problem.

20210405013619_1.jpg

Hey guys..dropped in as I'm looking to improve my VR experience as well..

My PC:

Ryzen 1700
2070 Super
16GB Ram

Was planning to use Andrew's Engine & VR settings until I read the Readme file..will it work for the HTC Vive?

My current graphic settings allows me to race and stream..altho there are frame drops in-game and on OBS (GPU Utilization between 80-95% with both game & OBS)

Sorry abit the newbie in this

• Deleted member 197115

The only WMR specific part is 60hz mode. For Vive with with that gear it's Motion Smoothing instead, unless you sacrifice quality even more to push it to 90hz.

Do you have new Contact Shadows enabled by any chance, I think I had nasty shadows like that with them on.
I tried all kind of config in shadows part and allways the same result.
Tried diferent engine.ini, the one posted and others... Made my own with 2048 and 4096 shadow res... But always the same result.

I noticies some diferent behaviour when changing between ktaa and temporal. Un temporal there is some ghosting in the shadows and the Cars, but the mesh zone out if the shadows, steel there.

I tried all kind of config in shadows part and allways the same result.
Tried diferent engine.ini, the one posted and others... Made my own with 2048 and 4096 shadow res... But always the same result.

I noticies some diferent behaviour when changing between ktaa and temporal. Un temporal there is some ghosting in the shadows and the Cars, but the mesh zone out if the shadows, steel there.

The screen shot definitely looks like contact shadows being on. It's the option under Shadow Distance in the in game video settings, set it to disabled.

Hi guys, I’ve reached a very happy playable and nice setup thanks to the incredible work of this community.
I’m running a 3080 with a G2 locked at 60fps in AI races, high settings and resolution.
The only thing that bothers me a bit is the “shimmering” on things like fences etc.
I’ve yet to understand what is the root cause of that, any clue?

thanks again to all.

Hi guys, I’ve reached a very happy playable and nice setup thanks to the incredible work of this community.
I’m running a 3080 with a G2 locked at 60fps in AI races, high settings and resolution.
The only thing that bothers me a bit is the “shimmering” on things like fences etc.

thanks again to all.
I have the same shimmering.

thanks again to all.

It's due to the headset resolution being so high and no graphics card being powerful enough to run it at that resolution. TAA upsampling is used to render at a lower resolution and combine samples over time to give a higher resolution image. That problem is that on fine details such as thin posts in fences when rendering the lower res image they just don't exist even when jittered so you end up with missing parts until you move your head a bit and then other parts of the image will be missing instead leading to the shimmering. You can reduce this by lowering the TAA current frame weight, but that will lead to a softer image (ETA: And smearing / ghosting artifacts). You need to strike a balance between the frame weight, pixel density, and render resolution for the best clarity. Ideally you would want render res at 100%, pixel density about 150%, and SteamVR at 100% too.

Last edited:
Well I thought you guys would have ReShade working for ACC by now, I'm disappointed lol.

Difference would be huge, you can try ReShade on AC with a couple of sharpening filters... It's like lifting a veil from your eyes. All this tinkering and compromising could be a thing of the past if we can get that working.

Last edited:
Well I thought you guys would have ReShade working for ACC by now, I'm disappointed lol.

Difference would be huge, you can try ReShade on AC with a couple of sharpening filters... It's like lifting a veil from your eyes. All this tinkering and compromising could be a thing of the past if we can get that working.

I don't think this is something us mere mortals can fix. The Reshade devs are aware of the issue with some D3D11 games so I expect support to improve in the future.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 39.0%