Share your VR graphic settings

• Deleted member 197115

Try to increase contrast for colors.
Also in engine.ini I have
r.Color.Mid=0.6
this essentially boosts mids (gamma) to compensate for dimmer image in 60Hz mode. The default is 0.5, try that or just remove that variable altogehter.
For head movement, hit Esc when in car and go to View Settings, there you'll see
Lock to Horizon (Locking view to horizon 0-100%)
and
Movement (Adjust vehicle movement / 0% to 100%)
Play with those.

Some great work here chaps I stopped using ACC and went back to AC due to how it performed in VR. @Andrew_WOT you're settings 60_100 have improved it visually, thanks for your efforts. Other cars online are still not really crisp, and generally blurry. My system is probably not great for it tbh, i7-7700k, 16GB RAM 3600mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid 2025mhz, its all over clocked and using a rift S.

@Andrew_WOT Thanks, it was better. I still get random stutters, not a lot, maybe 2 or 3 a race. After replacing my engine.ini file with yours, and the 60 json, now when I exit a race online it just hangs, I have to reboot. Only does it after I've been in a race for a while or after a race, if I connect online, and exit straight away its fine. Any ideas?

• Deleted member 197115

I had some UE4 crashes recently myself, suspect it's NVidia driver. The new one was released few days ago, already installed it but haven't done any serious testing yet.
Check Users\<you>\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved\Crashes and Logs folders, might find some clues.

Many thanks @Andrew_WOT after getting a Rift S the other day, your settings have vastly improved the experience. I notice on my system (i'll dig out the specs but it's RTX, Ryzen latest etc) on the 60_100 json my FPS seems locked to 40. If I reduce pixel density to below 120 it then seems to freely bounce around between 40-70.

Newbie here. I have just set up my PC, G920 and Oculus Quest VR, and looking for advice. Sorry if this has been covered already. I have been reading this thread and seems to have some great advice for me to try and sort out the settings in my Quest, as quality is pixelated and jumpy (sorry for the newbie technical terms). Is there any advice for Quest settings, or will the Rift settings advice be the same as the quest? Thanks again and below is my PC specifications. Cheers, Mike

1 x 1.8m UK Plug to C13 Mains Lead - Black​
1 x TP-Link TL-WN881ND 300Mbps PCI Express WiFi​
1 x 3 Year Collect & Return warranty​
1 x Microsoft Windows 10 Home - 64-Bit DVD (OEM)​
1 x Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 Liquid CPU Cooler​
1 x Gigabyte P650B 650W 80+ Bronze PSU​
1 x AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6 Core (Socket AM4) CPU​
1 x Gigabyte B450M DS3H AMD Socket AM4 Motherboard​
1 x GameMax Kamikaze Pro Gaming Case - Black​
1 x Adata SU630 480GB 2.5" SATA SSD​
1 x PowerColor Radeon RX 5500 XT 8GB Graphics Card​
2 x CCL Choice 8GB (1x 8GB) 2666MHz DDR4 RAM​

This is your issue right there. You're trying to run one of the most demanding VR titles on a potato GPU.
Once you fix that, 2666GHz RAM will likely become another bottleneck
Thanks demetri. What graphics card and RAM would you recommend I get? I guess me having 2 x 8GB (1x 8GB) 2666MHz DDR4 RAM giving 16GB doesn't work. Computers to me are like cars. I love my fast cars and love driving, but I couldn't tell you how they work.....

would you recommend changing my 2 x 8GB Ram?

I'm no expert with this stuff but it is said that the AMD stuff benefits from faster ram speeds. Personally, if I were in your exact position, I would upgrade the GPU but stick with the memory you already have as I don't think the cost to benefit ratio is that good.

The was some great testing done by @Dan Costa on this very subject so you might want to take a look at the result charts to see if you feel that upgrading is the right thing for you :)

RX 5700 XT 8GB?
I can barely run this game on a slightly overclocked RTX 2080 (close to stock 2080 Super). I doubt 5700 XT will cut it. I have no idea how good or bad AMD GPUs are in VR, but I think I read somewhere that nVidia does VR better. I haven't used an AMD for 8 long years since they tend to fall short of nVidia offerings in the top segment performance-wise. Personally, I'm thinking about jumping on the RTX 3080 FE bandwagon if I can snatch it this Thursday. But that card alone costs more than your entire PC could be built for and they recommend getting a 750w PSU for it.

Also, your CPU is going to be 2 generations old come October when AMD Ryzen 4xxx models are launched. It could very well become a bottleneck if not right now, but soon enough, so there's not a whole lot of sense in upgrading your system as you would have to replace basically everything of value.

P.S. Dan Costa testing was done on a much more capable CPU (i9-9900K @5.2GHz), no idea if you can apply those results to Zen+ Ryzens

Here is my last settings with the v1.5.2 version (more optimization thanks to this update and to Oculus firmware update too).
Now i can run at 100 in Resolution Scale, turn on and High the volumetric fog (great in night with rain).

test it and tell me how it's works for you.

I repeat, this settings are for my setup : 1080ti / i7 / rift s

Wow! These are awesome settings! Many thanks!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.