Share your VR graphic settings

Look, Papyrus went from that 2003 Nascar game to iRacing in less than 5-8 years... online competitive racing... was pretty wild and optimistic back then. DX11, yep, and I wanna hate the "double-dipping" business model- They put Adobe CC/Office365 sub model, but then added the a la carte EVERYTHING model on top... wow. thats America baby, and I love my H-pattern gearbox and Radicals, etc., so guess who still is a subscriber? AS I mentioned in previous post, I don't think it compares in terms of GT3- I watch D Perel IRL and sim with the Rinaldi/Kessel 488, do ur own A/B- I just am playing with config a lot vs. actually driving still in ACC.

• Deleted member 197115

i'm agree, ACC VR is great like AMS2 VR now !
Andrew_WOT i test your settings but i prefer mine, have you test it ?
I've checked your settings, they are not good for WMR, with WMR we have reserved power by using 60hz refresh rate, which works surprisingly well with Temporal antialiasing, allowing us to to push settings a bit more.
You have settings for 80hz Rift S re projecting at 40hz, not sure about Oculus but on WMR reprojection is never as good as stable native hz fps, even if it's just 60.
So apples to oranges, may be Oculus owners can comment more on your settings.

AMS2 VR, chuckle. :rolleyes:

P.S. I think the biggest oversight is aiming for resolution 100, pixel density should take precedence over resolution if you want sharpness esp. at the distance. You'll be surprised how little if any degradation image quality takes by dropping it to 70%.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh OK, i can't test my settings on WMR :) For RIFT S it's very sharp as AMS2.

"
P.S. I think the biggest oversight is aiming for resolution 100, pixel density should take precedence over resolution if you want sharpness esp. at the distance. You'll be surprised how little if any degradation image quality takes by dropping it to 70%.
"
I know but before i set to 70%, then 85 and now 100 because the image is more smooth (on RIFT S).

Thanks @Andrew_WOT for sharing your settings, it revived my interest in ACC. I stopped playing a while ago when I upgraded to the Index headset as the image quality was so bad compared to other sims and I wasn't able get it to an acceptable level.

With your settings it's much better, though still not perfect. I also had to fine-tune it a bit.

• Deleted member 197115

Thanks @Andrew_WOT for sharing your settings, it revived my interest in ACC. I stopped playing a while ago when I upgraded to the Index headset as the image quality was so bad compared to other sims and I wasn't able get it to an acceptable level.

With your settings it's much better, though still not perfect. I also had to fine-tune it a bit.
It's a decent starting point, I was in the same boat as you before @BlaKArg settings piqued my interest, and since then it was collaborative "fine tuning".
And while we use different headsets, please share your tweaks, we can all learn from each other.

It's a decent starting point, I was in the same boat as you before @BlaKArg settings piqued my interest, and since then it was collaborative "fine tuning".
And while we use different headsets, please share your tweaks, we can all learn from each other.
You're right, here's my settings. The main thing I did is that I reduced the brightness and increased the contrast as on my Index everything looked washed out and was looking really weird in the rain. I also played with other stuff, but don't think I finally kept anything else, maybe scaling is bit different.

Also, I have all settings in NVidia and most settings in Steam VR on default, except refresh rate at 80Hz. With these settings I have solid 40Hz with re-projection and acceptable visuals (8700K / 2080Ti).

Attachments

• Index.json
    969 bytes · Views: 137
  • Engine.ini
    1.3 KB · Views: 150
  • Deleted member 197115

Thanks, have you had a chance to check the latest settings, there were some changes that make it look significantly different from earlier version, including increased contrast, Post Processing effects, less artificial sharpening, ambient occlusion, and smoother AA. More cinematic overall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, have you had a chance to check the latest settings, there were some changes that make it look significantly different from earlier version, including increased contrast, Post Processing effects, less artificial sharpening, ambient occlusion, and smoother AA. More cinematic overall.
Looks like I missed that post, I'll give it a shot and report back. Thanks again!

I tried it last night and it looks better for sure. It also takes away some of the headroom I had, will have to fiddle with it a bit more to be sure it's working in all conditions (I had some weird 1-2sec stutters, not sure it's related though).

Try to drop Post Processing Quality back to Low.
It looks so good I can't do that :D Jokes aside, I still get pretty solid 40 FPS apart the few occasional stutters, I think I can live with that for now.

One thing that bothered me was that as I mentioned earlier it looks somewhat weird in rain, especially the kerbs and the run-off strips (at least on the Misano track, I didn't have time yet to check if that's true on other tracks too). Here's what I'm talking about:

wet_med.jpg

The kerbs are very dark and almost completely washed out, the strips reflect way too much light.
I spent quite some time trying to figure out what setting does this, and it turns out it's the 'Materials quality' under the advanced settings (I tried to play with exposure and contrast without much success):

settings.png

By setting it to High the kerbs are much better:

wet_high.jpg

I also tried epic, no noticeable difference on the kerbs, but IMO the strip looks way more realistic:

wet_epic.jpg

Moving from the original Mid to Epic costs me 3-4% of GPU usage, but I still get solid 40 FPS most of the time, so I'll keep it like this for now, these settings give me a very nice look both dry and wet conditions with an acceptable performance.

Strangely in dry conditions I cannot notice much difference between Mid and Epic.

I attached my settings in case anyone wants to try them (the engine.ini is the same as before).

Attachments

• Index3.json
    936 bytes · Views: 127
  • Engine.ini
    1.5 KB · Views: 125
Thanks for your settings Andrew. I've gone from a blurry mess, to not quite a blurry mess, and now to pretty clear with your settings. I had to drop pixel density to 150% on my Index/9900K/1080ti setup and i've set my Index to 120hz with constant motion smoothing on to drop to a constant 60hz. Much more playable now, though i'm still unsure if i'm preferring this to AC and the results i get with CSP/SOL.

Will have to play more and see how i go... i do miss the awesome track mods, cars etc quite badly though!

• Deleted member 197115

Try to drop resolution, funny how it works but lowering pixel density has bigger impact on image quality.

• Deleted member 197115

Anyone getting the HP Reverb G2? Hope the clarity and resolution will bring VR for ACC closer to monitor image quality without the need of a lot of PD in game. Cannot wait to try ACC with it.
G1 has the same resolution, I believe someone with original Reverb was posting here a few pages back.

Is there any way to edit the camera head shaking?
Niels mentioned a camera mod in his ACC video, has anyone tried it or knows if it works in VR?

Another tweak I am looking for...
I find the colours very washed out, espically when looking at the crowds if find they look like ghosts...very white.
I've tried playing with the white balance in-game and setting it to warm, but still things look washed out and dull.

I am using Andrews 60hrz file with a few settings changed.

Cheers

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%