Share your VR graphic settings

• Deleted member 197115

Some interesting WMR finding. Yesterday after updating NVidia driver I've started noticing that 60Hz mode is more flickery that usual. Even had sore eyes in the evening.
Today the same story. Started playing in 90hz with and without reprojection, instant relief, but switching back to 60hz was almost unbearable.
Performed cold PC reboot while having last refresh rate set to 60hz in WMR Portal and after that almost all flicker is gone. Back to what it was before driver update. Huge difference.
Must be something related to HMD HW initialization.
Try this next time you see worse than usual flicker in 60Hz mode.

• Deleted member 197115

A little more fine tuning for 60hz, balancing contrast and sharpening.
Killed Advanced Sharpening due to artifacting, increased ToneSharpening, result is less edgy and more natural.
Set TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight to 0.1 (stock value) as without Advanced Sharpening it does not artifact anymore, lower value can smooth things more at the cost of some blur, set to your liking.
Settings

• Deleted member 197115

OK. My Index at 100% steam VR set 2016x2240
So, it´s impossible for me to set 200ppd. At 140% my 2070S hit it´s limit
They did the same with Vive Pro, not sure why, to make it look better than competitors at 100% SS perhaps.
You can read more about these internal multipliers here, I know WMR kept changing them back and forth multiple times, until they settled for one close to native resolution.
Just use in game PD that your system can handle.

Here is my last settings with the v1.5.2 version (more optimization thanks to this update and to Oculus firmware update too).
Now i can run at 100 in Resolution Scale, turn on and High the volumetric fog (great in night with rain).

test it and tell me how it's works for you.

I repeat, this settings are for my setup : 1080ti / i7 / rift s

Attachments

• Engine.ini
    2.1 KB · Views: 308
  • 1.5.2_2.json
    1 KB · Views: 262
Here is my last settings with the v1.5.2 version (more optimization thanks to this update and to Oculus firmware update too).
Now i can run at 100 in Resolution Scale, turn on and High the volumetric fog (great in night with rain).

test it and tell me how it's works for you.

I repeat, this settings are for my setup : 1080ti / i7 / rift s
Hey I know I'll probably get a lot of "the newb is here", but I've been lurking on this awesome forum for a bit, and here's where I'm at- ACC = almost def. my current fav. game/sim/whatever u wanna consider it- I'll spec out my sorta modest midrange build from 1/2020 here sometime soon, but here's what actually gives me a little grief here and there: I tell people that iR GT3 is really not on the same level, and that's pretty definite... I don't find myself in .json/.ini mania on some of those other titles though. I'm about to spool up ur latest posts and plug in my Rift S. JUST WHEN I get ACC running as best I can expect for a 2k USD PC, I go back to 4K, the updates, etc... I'm a networking guy for a living, so sometimes I wish I didn't have to tweak tweak tweak so much. That POS that charges me a 2nd monthly car payment ;-p doesn't give me these continuity haedaches, and RF2(?), Im not feeling it so much in 2020, but again, opinion, no fighting words here ;-D

[QUOTE = "martinV, message: 3236422, membre: 248471"]
c'est étrange parce que j'ai un meilleur ordinateur ... mais j'ai 30 35 fps avec votre réglage
[/CITATION]

Try with somes optimizations, i do a tutorial a few month ago, see in attachment
I dunno if the question was directed at me, but I'm gonna be hanging in until they move on, I just am upset Papyrus up in Boston uses DX11 and it

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.