Share your VR graphic settings

Thanks Unionjackstar, I tried '-gl' and 'Nofiltering=true' and then afterwards removed the 'Nofiltering=true' and I think my eyes saw the same thing after removing the nofiltering. I will keep '-gl' as textures are crisp and far distance looks indeed super clear and sharp. Noticed also a tennis court in mount panorama while watching replay when looking left of me in one corner.
Together with mr. FABulous files which I tweaked to my liking I'm very happy with VR. Still playing a lot with resolution vs pixel density. Playing with res 100 and pd 150-160 vs res 80-90 and pd 170. I did put LOD foliage on high to remove dark trees without textures. Now also in a distance they look like real trees.

What is -gl and does it work without VR? Im running triple screen and need to do something about the extreme performance cost. Trying to find tweaks to make it look decent but with lower settings. Cheers.

What is -gl and does it work without VR? Im running triple screen and need to do something about the extreme performance cost. Trying to find tweaks to make it look decent but with lower settings. Cheers.
Have you tried my settings here at post #31?
These are for 1080ti/7700k /1080p triples.
I tried that - gl but can't notice any difference either way! Performance or visuals.

So i gave @fabhdz settings from the french tutorial a try this morning not expecting much from it since

- ACC is known for it's terrible VR performance
- I really do not under stand how all the graphical setting work

When launched ACC steam decided to do a full reïnstall :O_o:

I copied the engine.ini setting, but i did not have a "videosettings" folder to place the json file in. So i created one.

Started the game and saw all my graphical setting were the same as when i ran it on my 49" monitor.

But.... when started a single player race with 23 AI, i immediately noticed how good the game looks compared to my previous experience in VR. I got a stable 45fps and the occasional glitches from the Steam VR smoothing are way less disturbing than the initial low graphical look of the game.

When checking FPSVR i noticed that i'm running the game with 183% super sampling in Steam VR, which probably explained the very clear picture quality in the Index.:thumbsup:

This puts ACC back on my VR playlist :D

I tried playing on 45fps like @fabhdz does, but it just gives too many stutters and lag to be well playable. I actually missed a breaking point because of it and totally overran the corner. So for me it has to be 90fps. But that means i have to lower the settings a lot (and things become quite blurry or jaggy). So our best bet is to wait for Kunos to finally step up and give VR some much needed love and attention..... The whole point of this game is to run it in a race with multiple cars, not hotlapping with a single car...

I tried playing on 45fps like @fabhdz does, but it just gives too many stutters and lag to be well playable. I actually missed a breaking point because of it and totally overran the corner. So for me it has to be 90fps. But that means i have to lower the settings a lot (and things become quite blurry or jaggy). So our best bet is to wait for Kunos to finally step up and give VR some much needed love and attention..... The whole point of this game is to run it in a race with multiple cars, not hotlapping with a single car...

Maybe i'm lucky then, because even though i'm running the game at 45fps i don't experience any stutter or lag with 23 AI opponents.

I only notice the occasional smoothing blur from the side view mirrors and other cars in corners

These are the graphical issues i meant in my post above, but it's a much better experience then trying to run the game at 90fps at very low settings.

So i gave @fabhdz settings from the french tutorial a try this morning not expecting much from it since

- ACC is known for it's terrible VR performance
- I really do not under stand how all the graphical setting work

When launched ACC steam decided to do a full reïnstall :O_o:

I copied the engine.ini setting, but i did not have a "videosettings" folder to place the json file in. So i created one.

Started the game and saw all my graphical setting were the same as when i ran it on my 49" monitor.

But.... when started a single player race with 23 AI, i immediately noticed how good the game looks compared to my previous experience in VR. I got a stable 45fps and the occasional glitches from the Steam VR smoothing are way less disturbing than the initial low graphical look of the game.

When checking FPSVR i noticed that i'm running the game with 183% super sampling in Steam VR, which probably explained the very clear picture quality in the Index.:thumbsup:

This puts ACC back on my VR playlist :D

Are you using Index or Reverb these days @HoiHman?

I just cannot get the game to look sharp or perform without blur in race conditions with the Index and that's at a forced 45hz. (8700k / 2080ti) It doesn't look anywhere near as good as AC which I can maintain at a solid 90hz with 20 AI.

I do wonder if a fresh install of ACC might help and I'll then try the engine.ini from @fabhdz (which one did you use as I see there are a few floating around) but what are your in-game settings if you didn't use the custom .json?

Thanks.

Steve, ACC did a fresh install when i was trying to launch it.

I used the latest engine.ini from @fabhdz. There's a download link somewhere in the first few pages.
I'm not at my race PC, so i can't check those settings, but ACC is looking really sharp and has a lot of detail.

I'm using the Valve Index

Steve, ACC did a fresh install when i was trying to launch it.

I used the latest engine.ini from @fabhdz. There's a download link somewhere in the first few pages.
I'm not at my race PC, so i can't check those settings, but ACC is looking really sharp and has a lot of detail.

I'm using the Valve Index

You are using that engine.ini file with 200% SS on a valve Index with no stuttering?
Wow!

For multiplayer, the only things that DOES work for me, is ASW 45fps and supersampling 1.5 with Oculustray tool, while capping visible opponents to maybe 8-10 cars. That's on my old 4690K/1080ti.

hmm, i decided to give my ultrawide screen a go again... just look what it did to my ratings...
1. Racing in VR (20 cars)
2. single play in VR (1 car)
3. Racing on flat screen (20 cars)

1581851215926.png

If that ain't proof that VR needs a huge performance boost....

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 458 69.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 281 42.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 302 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 177 27.0%
Back