Share your VR graphic settings

Not sure about anyone else, but my existing graphics settings are using less overall GPU usage with the new patch. Not sure if it was a set of conditions that affected the results but I definitely have been playing with hz settings to try and achieve better than the motion smoothed 40 hz I have been using on the Index for ACC. I am easily able to use 45hz and still have more headroom than what I had at 40hz previously.

Would be good to get some feedback if others have felt that the game is more optimised now. I know it's never going to be great because UE4 just sucks so many resources to make VR look good. I still maintain that ACC is the BEST looking game in VR (outside of iRacing, but that seems to be black magic at this point, using such little resources for such a good looking image, I cannot understand how) when you have the supersample value at a high level. With new GPU's it will be fantastic having it look the way it does now but running at a full native frame rate in the Index.

Not sure about anyone else, but my existing graphics settings are using less overall GPU usage with the new patch. Not sure if it was a set of conditions that affected the results but I definitely have been playing with hz settings to try and achieve better than the motion smoothed 40 hz I have been using on the Index for ACC. I am easily able to use 45hz and still have more headroom than what I had at 40hz previously.

Would be good to get some feedback if others have felt that the game is more optimised now. I know it's never going to be great because UE4 just sucks so many resources to make VR look good. I still maintain that ACC is the BEST looking game in VR (outside of iRacing, but that seems to be black magic at this point, using such little resources for such a good looking image, I cannot understand how) when you have the supersample value at a high level. With new GPU's it will be fantastic having it look the way it does now but running at a full native frame rate in the Index.

I am pretty sure iRacing is using a forward rendering engine, therefore its far less demanding, less blurry and produces a crisp clear image in VR.
I swear, stupid deferred rendering engines which were made for cheap ass fake lighting effects (so consoles can produce them) have destroyed clarity in games.
F that and bring on the raytraced engines built from scratch to take advantage of the brand new hardware of the coming years.

After some tests, i conserve my engine.ini file (but the stock seems good too) with this settings in game : the game or the oculus driver seem to be optimize

Attachments

• VR-v1.3.12.json
    1 KB · Views: 158
After some tests, i conserve my engine.ini file (but the stock seems good too) with this settings in game : the game or the oculus driver seem to be optimize

Hi fabhdz,

I´m running this engine.ini actually but sometimes (not always) I see "flying cars". Is there any way to prevent it? By the way 3700x, 2080ti and HP Reverb @60hz. I´m pretty happy how it looks now, but if I could improve these "flying cars" would be great.

[ConsoleVariables]
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=1
vr.InstancedStereo=1
vr.RoundRobinOcclusion=1

[/script/engine.renderersettings]
a.URO.ForceAnimRate=2
a.URO.ForceInterpolation=1
r.OptimizeForUAVPerformance=1
r.Streaming.Boost=0
r.Streaming.DefragDynamicBounds=1
r.Streaming.FramesForFullUpdate=1
r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1
r.Streaming.HLODStrategy=2
r.Streaming.LimitPoolSizeToVRAM=1
r.Streaming.PoolSize=0
r.UseShaderCaching=1
r.UseShaderPredraw=1
r.bForceCPUAccessToGPUSkinVerts=True

Thank you guys.

Hi guys, i tweak the videosetting and engine.ini this morning, test it and tell me how it's works for you !
New engine.ini !

With the new engine, i win 10fps.
With this fps, i can enable "advancedSharpenFilter" (image is more sharpen), up the bloom quality (test night with rain it's wonderfull) and the mirror quality

Test for Rift S / 1080Ti / i7 8700k

Attachments

• VR-v1.3.12_2.json
    1 KB · Views: 199
  • Engine.ini
    1.6 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Yes i do my tests on Rift S

Good, we need to improve the plots, in your opinion what is the parameter to set in the file engine?
thanks

SharedScreenshot (2).jpg

Is there definite proof that the engine.ini tweaks have an effect on headroom/visuals?

Right now I'm running it at 60 FPS with 200% pixel density and 70% resolution and I'm ok with the visuals on a O+.

I am running the default engine.ini with only shadows completely disabled. My GPU is working at like 95% at race start but then goes back to around 82%, and framerate is consistent. I have tried different engine.ini files from here but I struggle to see any differences.

Is there definite proof that the engine.ini tweaks have an effect on headroom/visuals?

Right now I'm running it at 60 FPS with 200% pixel density and 70% resolution and I'm ok with the visuals on a O+.

I am running the default engine.ini with only shadows completely disabled. My GPU is working at like 95% at race start but then goes back to around 82%, and framerate is consistent. I have tried different engine.ini files from here but I struggle to see any differences.
Same here.

I've tried other engines and fail to see a difference. I'm running 170% pixel density at 90% resolution and getting a pretty stable 60fps.

It will have an effect because you're basically just turning stuff down / off, mainly things that aren't available in the UI menu.

Lately the stock engine file seems to have been improved. Meaning, the stock settings seem to have been optimised a bit more than previously. I've had more headroom than in months past recently.

Hi guys, i tweak the videosetting and engine.ini this morning, test it and tell me how it's works for you !
New engine.ini !

With the new engine, i win 10fps.
With this fps, i can enable "advancedSharpenFilter" (image is more sharpen), up the bloom quality (test night with rain it's wonderfull) and the mirror quality

Test for Rift S / 1080Ti / i7 8700k

hello congratulations for your work. I also use rift s and 2080ti and I feel very comfortable. What have you changed between the old engine and this one now? Reduced a bit of quality? I have verified that the gain is evident compared to the old one. Thanks so much sorry for my English

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 137 86.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 16.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 11.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 49 30.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 56 35.2%