Floating Cars ??

With anything other than epic shadows, my system shows the cars in a way that look like the cars are slightly floating along the track instead of rolling.
Also the car shadow edges flicker and wobble.
It looks really stupid and I'm hoping someone can help with settings.
I presume that I've done something wrong and the shadows don't actually have to be on epic to get rid of hovercars...?

I really wish they would give us the shadow options like they have in Raceroom and the separate option's added for car shadows and contact shadows.

I have never spent as much time on ANY sim trying to fine tune GFX settings like I have with ACC. And while it has gotten better with each update, there's still a lot of trading off to try to reach a happy medium, especially running triples.

Now I never use or put much trust in GeForce experience optimization settings as it usually turns on a bunch of stuff that's really not necessary. I know everybody's will probably differ (single screen vs triples, cpu/gpu power etc) but for me I was kinda shocked to see it suggested setting just about everything to low and no AA at all.

Are we still seeing this post 1.3 update? I was messing with the shadow settings today to try and sort slow downs I was having with the day/night transition. I've settled on lowering draw distance and shadow quality which seems to have helped, and also haven't seen any floating cars today on 1.3.2.....

Try this .ini file ! It works well for me with shadows and also give good CPU headroom ! This one really is magic imo ;) i do use epic at times buthigh still looks pretty good until the cars are a fair bit in front then the under car shadows turn off :( Also these are my settings for 1080ti/7700k and 1080p triples :)

Attachments

• Best Engine.ini file.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 356
  • Screenshot (261).png
    Screenshot (261).png
    791.6 KB · Views: 380
Try this .ini file ! It works well for me with shadows and also give good CPU headroom ! This one really is magic imo ;) i do use epic at times buthigh still looks pretty good until the cars are a fair bit in front then the under car shadows turn off :( Also these are my settings for 1080ti/7700k and 1080p triples :)

I must say this engine file is very good indeed, I've been using it when I race in VR. I did notice the shadows under the cars disappearing when I tried it on triples as well, really stands out on replays. However I think your on to something good here.

I have this problem since day one. Cars look like they float.

I just tried both shadow settings on max, no improvement. I also changes nothing about fence shadows racing you.

I also find it telling that the people who deny the problem, guessing from replies I see, are in my killfile :)

That file worked for me. Frame rate jump, however, I'm getting some stutter that I wasn't experiencing before. Even while practicing with frame rates hovering around 90, I'm getting stutter around corners. The floating cars are now gone. I'm going to revert back to my old engine ini. I can't take the stuttering. Will see if it's the new file, or just a PC issue.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back