AC *SGP Beta only* Group C @ Spa - Mon 22 Jun 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
HF2000 apologies accepted, it was a proper hit and I think I lost 3-4 places. But as I was almost ten seconds slower in quali than most I guess I was gathering queu behind me. Yet I'm glad because I came from 16th to tenth.
P. S. You have a cool Fokker in your avatar, flyboy?

About this simracing thing; the web page is fantastic and gives good info. A link to server could be really nice. This Discord thing confuses me as I tried to follow what happens there but I found absolutely none information concerning the session. As I'm not capable of chatting and driving 300kmh simultaneously I cannot see the point.

HF2000 apologies accepted, it was a proper hit and I think I lost 3-4 places. But as I was almost ten seconds slower in quali than most I guess I was gathering queu behind me. Yet I'm glad because I came from 16th to tenth.
P. S. You have a cool Fokker in your avatar, flyboy?
Ismo, again I'm sorry. In my defense I can say that I was very surprised how much you slowed down in Blanchimont. If you do that every lap then there's a great opportunity to improve your lap times there.

And yes, it's the Fokker D-XXI from the Dutch air force in 1940. I suppose you know the type from the Finnish air force that used them also against the Russians.

I know, I have very little experience with C group.
We have half replica Fokker D. 21 at Tikkakoski and yours in Soesterberg is full replica if I remember correct. Seen them both:)

I know, I have very little experience with C group.
We have half replica Fokker D. 21 at Tikkakoski and yours in Soesterberg is full replica if I remember correct. Seen them both:)
Yes it's a full replica like the Fokker G-IA there but they are both very nice. The Tikkakoski museum is very interesting with it's mix of aircraft from a lot of different countries. I've just seen the pictures on the website. The Buffalo and the Blenheim are beautiful. Never seen them in a museum before. And the D.21 with ski undercarriage. The virtual tour is great, it even shows the cockpit of the D.21!

Reactions: iwn
Funny seeing so many Mazda's spin on their own at the start.... myself included! I practiced starting from both sides of the grid a few times yesterday, and each time I got away nice & steady without issues. Then in the race I came up behind a very slow starting Merc and before I could even think "ok, careful now" I found myself facing the pit wall :D:roflmao::laugh:. Thankfully I didn't hit anyone, and it didn't affect my race thanks to so many others doing similar things.

I really like these cars (with a healthy bit of respect/hate thrown in) and I will try another model next time out just for the experience.

Thanks to my one & only slow-down penalty (for sliding out-of-bounds on worn tyres, definitely not gaining an advantage) I fell back into a good battle and blue-flag territory, which meant that despite @Chris Down giving us some notice, there was some slight contact. I reacted to Chris but the guy behind me (maybe) didn't and very gently tapped me before spinning himself. I thought Chris had long gone by the time I went for the exit of the Bus Stop but alas he was right beside me and we touched, so sorry about that Chris. Thankfully nobody was badly affected (I thought you might have gotten taken out by the guy spinning). In fact the guy I had been battling with made a great recovery, got a much better exit and beat me to La Source.

All-in-all, I had a very enjoyable race with some good close action, in a cool car that I've seen in real life, on a circuit I've been to and one that I love driving (even if only virtually). So, thanks @Denis Betty for another very interesting and fun race combo. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Funny seeing so many Mazda's spin on their own at the start.... myself included! I practiced starting from both sides of the grid a few times yesterday, and each time, nice & steady without issues. Then in the race I found myself coming up to a very slow starting Merc and before I could even think "ok, careful now" I found myself facing the pit wall :D:roflmao::laugh:. Thankfully I didn't hit anyone, and it didn't affect my race thanks to so many others doing similar things.

I really like these cars (with a healthy bit of respect/hate thrown in) and I will try another model next time out just for the experience.

Thanks to my one & only slow-down penalty (sliding out of bounds on worn tyres, definatley not gaining an advantage), I fell back into a good battle and blue-flag territory... which meant that despite @Chris Down giving us some notice there was some slight contact. I reacted to Chris but the guy behind me (maybe) didn't and very gently tapped me, then ended up spinning himself. I thought Chris had long gone by the time I went for the exit of the Bus Stop but alas he was right beside me and we touched, so sorry about that Chris. Thankfully nobody was badly affected (I thought you might have gotten taken out by the guy spinning). In fact the guy I had been battling got much better exit and beat me to La Source.

All-in-all, I had a very enjoyable race with quite a few clean battles, in a cool car I've seen in real life, on a circuit I've been to and one that I love driving on (even if only virtually). So, thanks @Denis Betty for another very interesting race combo. :thumbsup:
Joey, I practiced with the Mazda this weekend and was planning to use it in the race. During practice I changed my gear setting so that most of the spinning caused by throttle input disappeared. That way I could use first gear in/after the chicane before start/finish and in t1. I did a 1.16.3 on hards with more then 40l of fuel. I did the same with the short tail and it worked well for me except that I had a lousy start.

Last edited:
Joey, I practiced with the Mazda this weekend and was planning to use it in the race. During practice I changed my gear setting so that most of the spinning caused by throttle input disappeared. That way I could use first gear in/after the chicane before start/finish and in t1. I did a 1.16.3 on hards with more then 40l of fuel.

Thanks Han. You were flying, so I'd say you would have been fast no matter what car you raced.

I do feel like I had several seconds left on the table, but I just hadn't time to practice and get more comfortable and consistent. With my current Flinstones-like sim set-up I always loose a lot of time in the heavy breaking zones and I often don't get much notice of tyre slip under acceleration, so I tend to short-shift in especially in 1st & 2nd. I don't mind really, because once I've somebody to race with I'm happy enough. Sure when (IF) the new gear I've ordered arrives I'll only have myself to blame! :giggle::O_o:

Hi guys,

I have done 2 historic races now with RD because I saw them on SRGP, I was not really aware they were club-races but got the impression yesterday.

Was a lonely race for me, with Chris being too quick in the short-tail. Too bad I was the only one in a C9 as well. I should have mapped turbo boost to my wheel after what I read here. I did the whole race on turbo 70% not wanting to damage the engine.

Is there a plan to move all RD club races over to SRGP?

Anyone else notice a back marker who was racing everyone despite being a lap down?

He overtook me through eau rouge and i had no option but to take a penalty. It would have been a fun last lap battle with @iwn otherwise!

Anyone else notice a back marker who was racing everyone despite being a lap down?

He overtook me through eau rouge and i had no option but to take a penalty. It would have been a fun last lap battle with @iwn otherwise!
The results stay visible on SIMRACING.GP so maybe you can figure it out from there?

I know that we had several contacts on Kemmel Straights and in Les Combes when I passed you.

I raced longtail at a 100%, with out that i would have been totally out classed, that kept me in the battle.

PS, the LT has Half the down force of the ST.
Respect Ernie, how you managed to take the turns in the LT in the last laps. You were gaining on me on the straights but you didn't loose much in the turns. :thumbsup: So it was again my worst nightmare in the last minutes with you in my mirror. Didn't sleep very well afterwards:D.

Oh my god, I love it. I've never found a car I like as much as the 650s until I found the Short Tail, it's like a 650s but even more raw. Amazing!

When you nail the track with that thing it just feels fantastic. Thanks so much for the great choice @Denis Betty :thumbsup:

Great racing everyone!
Hmm, does the 650s feel like the short tail? Maybe I'd better consider the McLaren then because I really felt as if I had something with the Porsche. Although I was still my usual 2,5s behind you.

And I agree. I would love to race these cars more often.

Congrats to Chris for the win and Londes for the Silver. Although [Please Change] was much faster than me in the Porsche 962 C Short Tail, we had a decent battle towards the end. I was driving defensive and twice I yeilded to avoid a major incident. In the end, I thought I caused [Please Change] to go off in Eau rouge but watching the replay it looks like he got a cut warning and pulled over. Congrats to everyone who took part and who finished.

Btw to all the participants, the Short tail seems its got faster out right pace overall. Any thoughts? I know its mental fast with turbo at 100% but since the Damage rate in the session is at 15%, maybe driving at 100% turbo is the reason why? I could be completely wrong. DId any Short tail drivers race at 100?

I've got to agree, my driving was terrible. In my defence I was having mis-shifts nearly every lap & because I had to re-engage my clutch I kept buggering up my braking. That said, take a look @ lap 4 (&T1 L5) around 'Campus' before you start patting yourself on the back for your restrained driving.

I'm not particularly interested in discussing the near incident (or the shunt that I had @ T1 on the first lap... by someone else), I'm more concerned that you've used my surname on the forum. I value my anonymity on the internet, so please change it to either Patrick or pattikins.:thumbsup:

The results stay visible on SIMRACING.GP so maybe you can figure it out from there?

I know that we had several contacts on Kemmel Straights and in Les Combes when I passed you.

It was some guy i'd not seen on here before.

That got a bit messy between us. I let you past the first time around then tried to defend pretty badly the second lap after your penalties.. i think i cut you off badly on the straight, the speed of the porsche caught me out, not sure who hit who at the corner then. Looked 50:50. Luckily we both carried on without a spin!

Yes @Interslice I didn't want to go there as I know it's hard sometimes being a lap down for whatever reason and being on pace with the guys you end up around... but since you mentioned it, I did get a fairly aggressive chop from a fella towards the end of the race. He was in a faster car and I was kinda assuming he was with the pack I was with so was going to give him the line into Blanchimont, but it was only when I checked who it was following the chop that I noticed he was actually a lap down. He distracted me enough to fall behind the pack, but I caught up so I was happy I could do that.

Yes @Interslice I didn't want to go there as I know it's hard sometimes being a lap down for whatever reason and being on pace with the guys you end up around... but since you mentioned it, I did get a fairly aggressive chop from a fella towards the end of the race. He was in a faster car and I was kinda assuming he was with the pack I was with so was going to give him the line into Blanchimont, but it was only when I checked who it was following the chop that I noticed he was actually a lap down. He distracted me enough to fall behind the pack, but I caught up so I was happy I could do that.

I've no probem with back markers pushing on. But this guy joined late, so on fresher tires was a tiny bit faster than us at the back and went side by side with me through eau rouge on the last lap. I had just passed him before but got slowed a little battling with ismo in turn 1. He looked to be battling aggresively with others too so thought id say it. I don't think it is something that would have happened pre sgp.

Calling all those who loved Group C on Monday (thanks @Denis Betty!) -- we have a special race this Friday at Feldbergring for 40 minutes. Come join us!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back