AC *SGP Beta only* Group C @ Spa - Mon 22 Jun 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Denis Betty

The older I get, the better I was.
Staff
Premium
s-gp-png.358587

Monday evening AC club racing events have migrated to the Simracing.GP platform. We are hoping for your continued support during this transition. Please join us on the journey as the platform is developed and contribute your feedback.

Simracing.gp beta events are open to Premium members only Click here for more information on Premium membership. You will first need to sign up for the RD beta testing group HERE. You will then receive emails, inviting you to beta testing events in the RD beta testing group.
For the time being, all events will include official Kunos content only (no mods). The server will appear in the server lobby at the exact time stated in the invitation. Also, you must ensure that you have booking enabled in AC server lobby. Just search for simracing.gp.
Come and join us, more testing equals more bugs squished and faster development of the platform.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Discord: Click here

You will need to associate your RD account with Discord in Your Account > Connected Accounts
Incident Reporting: Click here

Highly Recommended App: Helicorsa 0.7b (download)
We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief.

• Practice Server: Racedepartment.com EU Group C Practice #00
Cars:
Track : Spa

Schedule: Monday 22nd June 2020
Practice: 19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC (30 minutes)
Race: 20:00 UTC (30 minutes)

Can I remind everybody that this is an RD club racing event and as such, is subject to our Racing Club Rules. Anybody who is adjudged to have broken these rules - especially The Golden Rule - will be subject to a ban from racing at RD. This is not a public server and rule breakers will not be tollerated.

@Denis Betty Great combo and very nice to have the same track as the sunday event (again). But is there a BOP because I remember the last race the long tail was incredible fast on the circuit with less straight parts?.

Ohhh, vroom vroom, this looks both fun and dangerous knowing these cars :p
Reserved a slot for the race, will have to put some practice in first though as I don't want to take out half the grid on T1 L1 :D

Ohh btw @Denis Betty Is the race format set in stone? I know there was feedback after this weeks race that people preferred shorter practice and qually, and two races rather than one?
There are a couple of reasons for the 30/30/30 format. The first reason is, I don't have the facility for 2 races using the same quali, let alone reverse grid for R2. I would personally like to see this facility in S.GP, but again (it's not all about what I want) if you guys want that, let it be known on the forum. :)

The second reason is that 30/30/30 allows people who don't have time to practice, a reasonable chance to get up to speed before the race starts. It's Bram's preferred format and (because this is Bram's baby) I have gone with it.

The answer to your question is no, it's not cast in stone. I will re-appraise this in a few weeks. The feedback after the event hadn't escaped my notice, but you're quite correct - I hadn't responded until now. Good communications will help us to keep this thing on track (pun intended) so I appreciate your input. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Please keep the feedback coming guys. I think that this is the right place for questions like Kjell's. If you have thoughts or comments on this or or similar topics which are specific to RD club racing on s.gp, feel free to post here or in the latest event thread. :)

BoP is one of the things we need for GT3 races. If you want it on S.GP (we don't have it yet) please ask on the S.GP forum. ;)

I can join the races, but I'm not listed as a premium member on Discord, so I don't have permission to send messages in the text channels or join the club race discussions. Is there something I've not done to be listed as a premium member?

I can join the races, but I'm not listed as a premium member on Discord, so I don't have permission to send messages in the text channels or join the club race discussions. Is there something I've not done to be listed as a premium member?
As Kjell says, you link the accounts. I have put a line in the OP of this thread, but I realise that it's easily overlooked. Go to your account and Connected Accounts. :)

There are a couple of reasons for the 30/30/30 format. The first reason is, I don't have the facility for 2 races using the same quali, let alone reverse grid for R2. I would personally like to see this facility in S.GP, but again (it's not all about what I want) if you guys want that, let it be known on the forum. :)

The second reason is that 30/30/30 allows people who don't have time to practice, a reasonable chance to get up to speed before the race starts. It's Bram's preferred format and (because this is Bram's baby) I have gone with it.

The answer to your question is no, it's not cast in stone. I will re-appraise this in a few weeks. The feedback after the event hadn't escaped my notice, but you're quite correct - I hadn't responded until now. Good communications will help us to keep this thing on track (pun intended) so I appreciate your input. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Please keep the feedback coming guys. I think that this is the right place for questions like Kjell's. If you have thoughts or comments on this or or similar topics which are specific to RD club racing on s.gp, feel free to post here or in the latest event thread. :)
I like the 2x 25min format also (2x 30 even better) but if that isn't feasable, I would shorten qualification and lenghten the race. Like 30/20/40 (or 50) even if that makes a pitstop necessary. Brams wish for 30min practice is ok but I hope that we will still have the practice server available during the week.

Agreed, 30 min qually is too long. Two laps + outlap should really be enough.
But the idea is to make it possible to be in the mix without the need for practice. Then again, perhaps that increases the chances of ignorant wreckers just rockin up and spoiling it for the rest of us.

I've posted next Monday, but the week after I MAY be tempted to go 20 for quali. We'll see.

But the idea is to make it possible to be in the mix without the need for practice. Then again, perhaps that increases the chances of ignorant wreckers just rockin up and spoiling it for the rest of us.

I've posted next Monday, but the week after I MAY be tempted to go 20 for quali. We'll see.

I think it's a tough call for anyone to learn Spa in the Group C cars with the proposed format - 30 minutes might not be enough incentive for non-wreckers to practice before the event. Would a random grid be a better option & at least, with two races there is an increased chance of having a clean[ish] race?*

*I would expect the LT & C9 drivers to get to T1 first, regardless of grid order.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back