AC *SGP Beta only* Group C @ Spa - Mon 22 Jun 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
the problem is in the game folder ... not in the server
It should look like this:
1592849662051.png

@Denis Betty I just took a quick look at the Session Configuration on simracing.gp an I noticed it says that the Base Road Temp is 7. Assuming that means 7 degrees C., is that correct?
As I understand it. The 7 degrees is how far above ambient temp the track is. Ambient is 20 so track temp should be 27. There is a variation setting, but I should have set that to zero.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong anybody. :)

This is what I get when I try and get the app. I could open the browser and use that, but do not really fancy anything like that going on in the background.
This action seems to stop me down loading the app onto my desktop.

help.

Screenshot (3).png

Congrats to Chris for the win and Londes for the Silver. Although number 17 was much faster than me in the Porsche 962 C Short Tail, we had a decent battle towards the end. I was driving defensive and twice I yeilded to avoid a major incident. In the end, I thought I caused 17 to go off in Eau rouge but watching the replay it looks like he got a cut warning and pulled over. Congrats to everyone who took part and who finished.

Btw to all the participants, the Short tail seems its got faster out right pace overall. Any thoughts? I know its mental fast with turbo at 100% but since the Damage rate in the session is at 15%, maybe driving at 100% turbo is the reason why? I could be completely wrong. DId any Short tail drivers race at 100?

Last edited:
I raced longtail at a 100%, with out that i would have been totally out classed, that kept me in the battle.

PS, the LT has Half the down force of the ST.

Btw to all the participants, the Short tail seems its got faster out right pace overall. Any thoughts? I know its mental fast with turbo at 100% but since the Damage rate in the session is at 15%, maybe driving at 100% turbo is the reason why? I could be completely wrong. DId any Short tail drivers race at 100?

Unless I'm mistaken, turbo isn't configurable in the short tail, no? At least, I never touched it because I didn't see it in setup.

Indeed a lot of fun. Thanks @Denis Betty
I practised only with the Mazda because I've driven that one before, but in my last attempt to practise just before the event began, all Mazda's were taken so I took the short tail instead and it went remarkably well. So with 5 minutes to go I switched on SGP to the short tail and see... 3rd in qually!

In the race I had a lousy start so 6th after the first turn. I got two penalties (slowing down to 35km/h) which costed me several places but I like catching up and overtaking so I didn't mind. Finished 4th within a second of @Sheashant L with which I'm quite pleased.

@iwn I might have lightly touched your car in Blanchimont when you spun there. I saw it in the replay but at that moment I thought it was because your RR was on the kerb. Otherwise I would have waited. If that is the case I apologise.

@Denis Betty At 4.01 in the replay I got a penalty and I don't know why. Is there a way that I can look it up?

Sorry Chris, you are absolutely right. Short tail does not have configurable turbo! I definitely got that bit wrong. Apart from that im still intrigued to find out if Short tail and Mazda 787 are similiar in pace.

This guess this is similiar to the Corvette C7R and BMW M3 GT2 case.

Sorry Chris, you are absolutely right. Short tail does not have configurable turbo! I definitely got that bit wrong. Apart from that im still intrigued to find out if Short tail and Mazda 787 are similiar in pace.

This guess this is similiar to the Corvette C7R and BMW M3 GT2 case.

Anecdotally, during offline practice I did basically the same time with 787 and short tail.

Hit everything all over the place, funnily it did not seem “what ever” happened, where I was in the field of cars always ended up behind Han @HF2000 , how did that always happen.:confused:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back