AC *SGP Beta only* Group C @ Spa - Mon 22 Jun 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
By some miracle of constant mouse button pressing I seem to have linked Discord to Race department, Have also managed to get onto discord via my Microsoft edge browser, I seem to be under the illusion that I could do with downloading a Discord App onto my desk top. ( Already done this on my iPad.)
All I get is a message saying that Claim Account , then e-mail already registered.
I Hope that these ramblings make some sense @Denis Betty. I am assuming this App I will need when TeamSpeak is replaced with Discord. Perhaps it is not going to replace TeamSpeak. :confused:

We will be using Discord for voice chat on Monday. I think I heard something about this message before but not sure where? Does anybody have any ideas? @Neilski did you have something like this?

We will be using Discord for voice chat on Monday. I think I heard something about this message before but not sure where? Does anybody have any ideas? @Neilski did you have something like this?
Nope, I'm a bit of a Discord noob myself still. I haven't installed the Windows app for it either, but the browser app works surprisingly well.
My best guess about the "claim account" issues would be that perhaps if the account is effectively already claimed (linked to an email address?), then you need to find a login button rather than a claim-account button... But Google will probably rescue us if that isn't it ;)

Ok so Discord.

I've had an account for yonks and it worked eventually.

Process from scratch seems to be.

Setup and install discord app, make an account.

Go back here to the forum an click on the blue join icon at the top of the page.
It brings you back to discord. Accept the invite from bram. (You know have only limited access to the rd discord server)
A discord chat opens. Click the top link to link/connect the discord and rd accounts.
That brings you back to rd where you scroll down to the discord button and associate your discord account.
Enter your discord username and password and your rd username and password appropriately.
That should be it! Simple :D

I really want to do this race, and will do my best to join before qually, but I just realized that the Apple event is slated to end at the same time as this starts, and I don't know if there are more (Apple) events starting right after the keynote.
I kinda have to attend due to work.

I really want to do this race, and will do my best to join before qually, but I just realized that the Apple event is slated to end at the same time as this starts, and I don't know if there are more (Apple) events starting right after the keynote.
I kinda have to attend due to work.
Kjell, make sure you sign out on SGP because I believe they want to give penalties for not showing up.

The trouble with finding the server is probably due to the fact that it is under "Racedepartment" and none of the keywords given in invitation, ie. not "simracing" as instructed. If I only could find the password I could gladly join the practice...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.