Season 13 - Calendar

I really dislike Istanbul but it seems to be liked by the majority here. I would love something crazy, Nordschleife!:inlove: But I can probably just keep on dreaming

Yup, lets go to Nordsleife, i'm up for an official championship endurance event there. Wet weather, double length, double points :ninja:. If there's one track in the world that i can say i know i can finish any length of race, it's that one... "Safety first" (read:too scared to drive any other speed than slow..) oriented drivers tend to get REALLY high in the end results ;)

To be honest, the Nurburgring is actually fairly high on the list of things that scare me :unsure:. But at the same time, it sounds like a fun challenge.

Nicolai has made some excellent points about Istanbul even though I do not care for the track much.

Just throwing these ideas out there, but how about Zandvoort or old Spa or old Monza?

To be honest, the Nurburgring is actually fairly high on the list of things that scare me :unsure:. But at the same time, it sounds like a fun challenge.

Nicolai has made some excellent points about Istanbul even though I do not care for the track much.

Just throwing these ideas out there, but how about Zandvoort or old Spa or old Monza?
oo Zandvoort, yes please. Old Spa/Monza would be a bit boring with these cars because everything will just be full throttle.

Ah, okay. I am sorry for suggesting those other tracks.

If I had to choose between those two, I would say Istanbul.
Nothing wrong in suggesting other tracks, but trying to settle a calendar asap we need to cut some corners.

Regardless it seems the majority gives Istanbul and the rest of the calendar the thumbs up, so I suggest we say that is now decided save any last minute objections? :thumbsup:

Istanbul - March 5th
Melbourne - March 19th
Sepang - April 2nd
Bahrain - April 9th
Shanghai - April 23rd
Silverstone - May 7th
Barcelona - May 14th
Monaco - May 28th
Montreal79 - June 11th
A1 Ring - June 25th

Also I hate to drive hairpins in first gear.

Five more left to use instead. :roflmao: :D

Only thing I am going to point out is that the season finale is the same track it was last season. Not really complaining, but is this really the best idea?

Well, each race is unique and writes its own story, even with the same car on the same track. We all will have improved until then.

Also the last race was very special due to rain impact. So it's left open how a dry race would have looked like...

In sum I just like to say "each race is a challenge".

Only thing I am going to point out is that the season finale is the same track it was last season. Not really complaining, but is this really the best idea?
Normally we would not do this, we wish to race 20 different tracks throughout a calendar year. But we also want to match up as many races as possible with the real f1 calendar, and by chance a1 ring (the real f1 race) has reappeared within our spring season this year.

I can promis you one thing thhough, a1 ring will not appear in season 13 ;)

The third post in this thread is where a1 was injected into the calendar :)

Last edited:
I was thinking that we should've done the old A1 ring, Red Bull Ring was confirmed in the F1 calendar pretty long time ago.. But hindsight is 20/20 times 10 000.. One of the few track where i like the current and old layouts equally, somehow A1 lost very little on the conversion for modern GP track, even thou it's completely different, it retained that same feeling of top speed.

Those who don't know, old A1 ring is insane.. Don't even think going there with modern F1, it's super boring averaging 300km/h on a lap. Take old Classics, heavy 60s tinroofers, anything that doesn't drive that well but goes fast.. I can promise you that in 15 minutes, you are dead at least 10 times and 5 of those are at T1.. Superdangerous without that chicane (first part of chicane is at current T1).. Instead of braking in to T1, you pretty much are airborn and hope to land on track at 300km/h, the last turn isn't really a turn... The modern version is like it's shrinked, like using a blowtorch on a string, even the midparts are totally worked over, they just look a bit the same.

330px-%C3%96sterreichring.svg.png
768px-Circuit_Red_Bull_Ring.svg.png

Last edited:
Personally I feel that nearly all retro tracks miss some sharper corners and/or tricky chicanes to support battles with mpodern race cars. So does the old A1 ring. Doesn't mean it wouldn't be a challenge...

Same goes to Spa, Monza (search Brianza if you want the track...), Avus, Mexico.. The list goes on and on. One of the few tracks that i feel is still good for modern cars is old Zandvoort, the classic layout was only dangerous in real life, there really was just resurfacing, one chicane and safety around the track but it was destroyed, houses built uopn it, decades of legal battles, then salvaged in the current form.

It really is one track to consider in the future when we have to replace new tracks in the F1 calendar, both classic and modern versions.

Then there's one gem that we haven't touched.. Charade... The French Green Hell.. It's pain on tinroofers but marvelous on open wheelers, that is if you got a natural liking towards hill-clims, since that's what it essentially is: hillclimb followed by downhill slalom. :) If you haven't tried it, i strongly recommend you take that challenge and beat the Hill. Modern and classic, i'd say modern. The old is simply too dangerous for any living being, virtual or real..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back