Season 13 - Calendar

A reminder:

Check your Daylight Saving Time!

That is, when does your country change from winter to summer time. If you're unsure, please post your questions now.. We are getting close to that period, it's about 2-3 weeks when daylight savings change to summer time.

This the moment server and the league starts using summertime:

UK: Sunday, 30 March 2014, 1 hour forward

Compare that to your own country schedule, for ex, Finland does it at the same time, first in my time here... Every programmer who has had to do scheduling routines know how freaking confusing this period can be, since we can't agree globally when it should happen... It's a freaking mess, i'll tell you..

You can check it here: http://www.timeanddate.com/time/dst/2014.html

And after you've scrolled down long enough, you can see how freaking stupid humanrace can be at times.. We can fly to the moon and mars but we can't make up our minds when that one hour adjustment happens twice a year... cheesh, we are morons..

Be happy you are not living in Mexico where part of the country does it March 9th and US border municipalities does it in April 6th.... Australia has a funny system too..

Last edited:
I hate day light savings time... For me in the United States, I have to put my clock ahead an hour tomorrow/tonight depending on one's perspective. But seriously, what is the point of moving the clocks ahead an hour and back an hour later in the year?!?! :mad:

Agriculture and other jobs that depend on sunlight as working lights. It's there to give more working hours but the effect is very debatable. It costs a lot of money to change millions of people sleep cycle in terms of poor work on the first few days, it does not matter which direction you change the clock, which is funny.. But since it's only twice a year and those effect disappear within few days, it's still considered benefitial enough.

Why different countries change in different times? No reason what so ever. Each country makes the decision to use DST and when independently.. Before internet, it wasn't a big deal but no it seriously interrupts any kind of 24/7 global activity based on time, like financial market... But it's only twice a year so we kind a have to live with it.. I'm pretty sure we are soon going to move to a better system.. There are some religious issues too making things even harder to agree.. Some think saturday is fine, other sunday.. Some have avoided that issue alltogether and change it on friday.... Some have their important celebrations or holy days that might happen during DST, that's obviously not fitting (most religions have some kind of celebration in the springtime and some mourning rite at fall.. . Or other way around.. About DST times aka when light conditions changes, seasons change.). It's a mess, i told you...

I can still remember the days when we reset the alarm instead of the time. Is this changed because our brain has been exposed to environmental toxins? You know, we didn't have all them fancy chemicals in the old days.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back