Save the date February 21st

I saw a comment on the AC subreddit by a user named Kavor and I can't help but think he's spot on: "The way i see it is that Kunos is moving to a new engine and this is the first product. They will undoubtedly port (and improve) a lot of content made for AC over to the Unreal Engine, like cars, tracks that have already been laserscanned, maybe even physics and so on. When this game is done they will make AC2 based on that foundation, i'd bet some money on that."

I must be blind, but I didn´t notice Kunos stating its GT3 only. Why couldn´t they just have the blancpain series in addition to everything else we already have in AC? Well what do I know, I´m liking it anyway. Too many sims trying to do everything.

If i am not wrong, you can see the cars, tracks and brands licenced from 2013 to 2021 for Assetto Corsa, and the game name still Assetto Corsa (competizione), so i think it is possible to migrate the content to the new game.

The new name still Assetto Corsa, nothing like BlancPain GT3 Oficial Simulator.

judging by the logo i guess this will probably work more like the dtm series works within the framework of rre: you get a season's worth of grid/tracks/rules to play within the original engine, in this case also a new (?) online ranking system and one or two other new game features. it's probably kind of an add on, the question is how much of the content / abilities can be transferred to the basic game. in RRE this was first very restrictive but has since been opened up, i.e. you can apply the dtm rules to other series etc.

I must be blind, but I didn´t notice Kunos stating its GT3 only. Why couldn´t they just have the blancpain series in addition to everything else we already have in AC? Well what do I know, I´m liking it anyway. Too many sims trying to do everything.
It seems to be going more along the lines of the F1 games. At most I'd say we'd get lower down GT series as a way of creating a career and progression.

I really don't expect this to be like AC in that respect. I can see them separating the two sides, having AC as a fun car enthusiasts game and ACC as the serious hardcore racing game.

I have no issue with that, ACC can be a really detailed game if they can focus just on GT cars. If they have to bring a new set of features to dozens of wildly different cars it could cause hassles. I expect a focused Blancpain game, not AC with new features.

Reading some of the negative comments about this is really testing my patience. The thought process of some people is just incredible...

Edit: And I don't mean to highlight anyone here in particular, don't get worked up over it please.

Last edited:
I hope to see some porsches. They where non existent at all in real. Because it features the 24h of spa we should expect also porsche gt3 cup cars
Check this screenshot:
features-simulazione-02.jpg

I imagine all the GT3 race cars from AC will be implemented (since they all still have a valid homologation), or at the very least all the cars that teams entered in 2017/2018. And I wouldn't rule out others coming in the future.

Check this screenshot:
features-simulazione-02.jpg

I imagine all the GT3 race cars from AC will be implemented (since they all still have a valid homologation), or at the very least all the cars that teams entered in 2017/2018. And I wouldn't rule out others coming in the future.
Well, 3d model is a bunch of fbxs so it's fine.
But materials? I don't think it will be a simple task

I don't think anyone would have any complaints if they showed AC2 instead. ;)
Is "easier and faster" to make a set amount of vehicles and tracks for the new graphics engine than make hundreds of cars+tracks that AC2 might have. Do you want to play an Assetto Corsa game with night, rain, etc. this year (more like, this summer already)? Do you want a complete AC2 game with lots of content and many features instead of ACC? Then you'd have to wait maybe 2 years. Instead, we'll get early access of ACC this summer.

Also, ACC will probably already have many of the features people wanted for AC. So for that you don't need to wait for AC2. It's actually a good move to make an official game from a real life racing series with sim racing features.. and in some months from now. Of course not all those features will be available right away, since the game starts as steam early access.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back