Save the date February 21st

They wouldn't make something that creates HYPE just to disappoint us. Imho it's going to be something important, if not for all platforms, at least for pc. I think we will be given some news about their decision regarding the work they have been doing during the last months.

Ok, I think thats enough. I started the thread with a vauge post and I expected people to cut to the chase straight away. However, the way that it is going I wouldn't surprised if someone is going to predict the unvailing of the new POTUS wig next!

Lets cut through the crud.... Surely this must be Assetto Corsa 2 ?????????
Why is no-one getting a little bat **** crazy at the prospect?

Ok, I think thats enough. I started the thread with a vauge post and I expected people to cut to the chase straight away. However, the way that it is going I wouldn't surprised if someone is going to predict the unvailing of the new POTUS wig next!

Lets cut through the crud.... Surely this must be Assetto Corsa 2 ?????????
Why is no-one getting a little bat **** crazy at the prospect?
It could be assetto corsa 2, it could just be the update of the current engine to allow weather and day/night cicle. Whatever it is won't come (probably) before 2019, which is why no one is going crazy. Also, it's good to not be too much excited in case the news won't be "that important".

• Deleted member 197115

My money is on the announcement of the new game official name (Assetto Corsa Competizone?) and short video clip featuring weather/time of the day transitioning with rain and night (with fireworks).

Last edited by a moderator:
If it would be a new game, I do really hope they would make it compatible with the current mods. There are some amazing cars and tracks out there for the current game and it would be such a shame to lose them.

It would be great if they would introduce new features that the mods can be updated to, but if the current AC mods would still work... Even if it wouldn't take full advantage of the new feature set that would be amazing.

I'm really hoping that it's an update to the existing engine and not AC2. Assetto Corsa was still in early access only a few years ago, and if Kunos start pumping out a new sequel every few years, a lot of people are going to lose faith in their products. They've only recently finished fixing the bugs (some would say that they still have some work to do) and they haven't actually given us much time to play with the finished product!
They have recently taken on new team members so maybe, with their help, they've managed to add the features that people seem to want (weather, night time etc) to the current engine. Personally, these additions won't make any difference to me as I used them once in Project Cars / PC2 just for novelty value, and then never again. I personally prefer to have serious races in the daylight with a dry track, and leave the rain and darkness just for messing around. If Kunos are creating a sequel (and rendering the current game obselete) simply to add these features, then I'm going to be very disappointed!
As josap11 said, if it IS a sequel announcement, I hope it is compatible with current mods. I personally don't feel like starting from scratch with a dozen tracks and a handful of cars again. I also wonder if modders would just scrap their current projects, if this is the case, and just wait for the sequel. I hope not.
If this worse case scenario does come to pass, I think I'll just keep playing AC until GTR3 comes out and then not waste any more of my time on Kunos' products.

Last edited:
I'm really hoping that it's an update to the existing engine and not AC2. Assetto Corsa was still in early access only a few years ago, and if Kunos start pumping out a new sequel every few years, a lot of people are going to lose faith in their products. They've only recently finished fixing the bugs (some would say that they still have some work to do) and they haven't actually given us much time to play with the finished product!
They have recently taken on new team members so maybe, with their help, they've managed to add the features that people seem to want (weather, night time etc) to the current engine. Personally, these additions won't make any difference to me as I used them once in Project Cars / PC2 just for novelty value, and then never again. I personally prefer to have serious races in the daylight with a dry track, and leave the rain and darkness just for messing around. If Kunos are creating a sequel (and rendering the current game obselete) simply to add these features, then I'm going to be very disappointed!
As josap11 said, if it IS a sequel announcement, I hope it is compatible with current mods. I personally don't feel like starting from scratch with a dozen tracks and a handful of cars again. I also wonder if modders would just scrap their current projects, if this is the case, and just wait for the sequel. I hope not.
If this worse case scenario does come to pass, I think I'll just keep playing AC until GTR3 comes out and then not waste any more of my time on Kunos' products.

You are going to be disappointed. Except announcing a sequel is not the same as releasing a sequel. I would think you will have plenty of time "to play with the finished product" before AC2 is released. And you are going to be even further disappointed as GTR3 will almost certainly feature rain and night.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back