Save the date February 21st

Already confirmed W7 is out. DX12 is W10 only as far as I know.

Where was this confirmed?

First off, it could be too early to make an accurate or definitive statement about that, and the minimal info out so far could be inaccurate.

The steam store page for the game shows win 8 and above being able to play the game. But win 8 cannot do DX12... so if this is accurate, the game wont be DX12 only.

But to that point, if win 8 is able to play the game.... win 7 should be able to as well since there arent really any big differences here that should prevent that. And why would you lock out a lot of customers who still might be on win 7?

It would be better to wait for an official statement, or wait a few months for this info to naturally disseminate instead of getting flustered now over nothing.

Already confirmed W7 is out. DX12 is W10 only as far as I know.

Edit: Oops, I'm not Mr.K, sorry!

Thanks but I'll wait for his confirmation. There are many thousands of users still happily running Windows 7 that might be disappointed but that's life. I will just have to be envious because I am not upgrading to Windows 10 for a few more years yet. My loss and it's acceptable to me because I have many older sims/games that run great with Win 7 but will not work with Win 10. I might actually build another DX12 PC in the future.

PS, the Unreal Engine 4 does work with Windows 7 as we all know. But I do realize that they need to build software for the future. :thumbsup:

The steam store page for the game shows win 8 and above being able to play the game. But win 8 cannot do DX12... so if this is accurate, the game wont be DX12 only.
But to that point, if win 8 is able to play the game.... win 7 should be able to as well since there arent really any big differences here that should prevent that. And why would you lock out a lot of customers who still might be on win 7?

I agree with all you are stating.

Where was this confirmed?

First off, it could be too early to make an accurate or definitive statement about that, and the minimal info out so far could be inaccurate.

It would be better to wait for an official statement, or wait a few months for this info to naturally disseminate instead of getting flustered now over nothing.

Thanks but I'll wait for his confirmation. There are many thousands of users still happily running Windows 7 that might be disappointed but that's life. I will just have to be envious because I am not upgrading to Windows 10 for a few more years yet. My loss and it's acceptable to me because I have many older sims/games that run great with Win 7 but will not work with Win 10. I might actually build another DX12 PC in the future.

PS, the Unreal Engine 4 does work with Windows 7 as we all know. But I do realize that they need to build software for the future. :thumbsup:

Of cause, I can't know for sure, but since Windows 8 gives free update to 10, my guess that is why they list W8.
With the optimizations DX12 brings, why wouldn't Kunos use it as their platform for their Competizione titel, the "best" they can do atm? The aim is here and now, so including support for W7 and lower DX and try to cover everything would be a stepback in terms of obtaining something great. Really, it was the same story when people didn't wanna leave XP.
I find it natural to say goodbye to W7 in terms of performance and contemporary development.

... I am not upgrading to Windows 10 for a few more years yet. ... :thumbsup:

Windows 7 goes end of life in Jan 2020 (20 months away). At this point there will be no security patches for these devices. Obviously you can mitigate risk somewhat if the device is offine... and only used for games. However, it is online and your main PC you will be nuts to carry on using a Windows device that is not patched. Sadly the world has moved on a lot since the days of Windows XP. Regular Security updates are a must.

It also worth noting that if you upgrade your PC motherboard to any modern AMD/Intel chipset, it also isn't compatible with Win 7

Of cause, I can't know for sure, but since Windows 8 gives free update to 10, my guess that is why they list W8....

Alas I believe this is not correct. Windows 10 WAS a free upgrade to any device running W7, W8 or W8.1. The free update has now stopped on all devices. I believe there are some wierd exceptions (like students or people with disabilities) however the upgrade is still valid on W7, W8 and W8.1

Windows 7 goes end of life in Jan 2020 (20 months away). At this point there will be no security patches for these devices. Obviously you can mitigate risk somewhat if the device is offine... and only used for games. However, it is online and your main PC you will be nuts to carry on using a Windows device that is not patched. Sadly the world has moved on a lot since the days of Windows XP. Regular Security updates are a must.

It also worth noting that if you upgrade your PC motherboard to any modern AMD/Intel chipset, it also isn't compatible with Win 7
Hence why I stated I will probably build a new Win 10 super powerful PC. I have an old Retro PC using XP connected to the internet all the time. I don't get any security updates on that either but it works flawlessly for what I need it to do. And yes the Win 7 PC will be offline mostly. I am sure I will be quite safe.;)

Hi Mr Kunos. Can you confirm if this is a DX12 game and will not run on Windows 7 please.

I can confirm you that it won't be a DX12 (only) game as UE4 potentially supports multiple APIs.

Minimum requirements are not to be trusted at the moment, they're just there because the Steam page required us to put them in. The more we approach the release the more they'll be more realistic.

I can confirm you that it won't be a DX12 (only) game as UE4 potentially supports multiple APIs.

Minimum requirements are not to be trusted at the moment, they're just there because the Steam page required us to put them in. The more we approach the release the more they'll be more realistic.
Thank you sir.:thumbsup: And well done. It looks great.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 144 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 397 40.0%