Santa Monica Mountains

Tracks Santa Monica Mountains 0.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello to all, I just want to apologize for the lack of any update this past year, and assure you that this project is NOT dead and a huge update IS coming soon! I have been working on a big cleanup pass of all the roads currently implemented, including Saddle Peak and Tuna Canyon, and have placed props/foliage on all roads as well. So the next update will not include any brand new roads, but that will be my next focus. Thank you for your patience, and I promise there will be updates before Spring arrives!

Hello to all, I just want to apologize for the lack of any update this past year, and assure you that this project is NOT dead and a huge update IS coming soon! I have been working on a big cleanup pass of all the roads currently implemented, including Saddle Peak and Tuna Canyon, and have placed props/foliage on all roads as well. So the next update will not include any brand new roads, but that will be my next focus. Thank you for your patience, and I promise there will be updates before Spring arrives!
Thanks for all this! Super excited to see whats to come!!

spring started march 20th...:p

Todd K updated Santa Monica Mountains with a new update entry:

Alpha Update v0.2

At last, an update! First off, I do apologize for how long of a wait it has been. I sincerely did not mean for it to be anywhere near this long, but, you know, life happens. Anyway, let's get right into it with a changelog:

NOTE: Please DELETE the old version of the map from your tracks directory before installing v0.2.

4/22/2023 Update v0.2
  • Edges of photogrammetry roadway now blend with background terrain on most sections of the map.
  • Tuna Canyon and Saddle Peak are now...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Well thank you very much! I was really kinda afraid, that the project was dead. Looking forward to trying this out. So far it was an awesome approach, but as you say yourself.. the immersion in particular in VR was lacking a lot. The close off track enviroment plays a huge role in VR immersion, because everything seems real-live sized. While a glitch/hole in the floor or blurry textures seem just like a smudge when playing on the screen, in VR it appears like a gaping hole to hell or a blurry thing the size of a mountain.

awesome update, having issues in vr tho, even on lowest settings i cant run it :( but without vr runs great on max settings :) thanks for the update, keep up the great work
Weird, I ran it today with 12 traffic cars at my usual VR settings without a problem - even when I drove at sunset with all the headlights on.

So weird.. the latest update doesn't work for me. Either it crashes AC directly after loading the track is done, or maybe 5 seconds after I start to race. I tried different layouts.
Latest CSP Patreon, Sol and Pure installed. Probably some sort of combination of the options I use cause the crash, but after updating to the latest CSP I tested about 40 tracks and they all work fine :-/

I lost hope you would go on with this project, this is an awesome news! THANK YOU SO MUCH! ^^
And the fact you recorded new data and plan to expand it is icing on the cake, really looking forward to this! :)
Keep it up!

So I guess I'm the only one where the updated version crashes after driving for a couple of seconds? :-/
I’m not experiencing any issues with the update. I assume you’ve confirmed your CSP version, and tried reinstalling CSP etc? I’m not sitting in front of my computer at the moment, but I believe there are logs that can be reviewed and those might provide some info on what’s causing the crashes?

I’m not experiencing any issues with the update. I assume you’ve confirmed your CSP version, and tried reinstalling CSP etc? I’m not sitting in front of my computer at the moment, but I believe there are logs that can be reviewed and those might provide some info on what’s causing the crashes?

I did not reinstall CSP since all my other tracks are working fine - this is actually the first time I had this happen with any track, completely crashing after about 5 seconds of driving. I did reinstall the former version of Santa Monica and that one works fine, weirdly enough.

Probably one of my 595985 settings in CSP that somehow clashes with this version :-/

I did not reinstall CSP since all my other tracks are working fine - this is actually the first time I had this happen with any track, completely crashing after about 5 seconds of driving. I did reinstall the former version of Santa Monica and that one works fine, weirdly enough.

Probably one of my 595985 settings in CSP that somehow clashes with this version :-/
I did a little more testing and everything worked great on my machine (Stunt Rd, etc) except for Tuna Canyon. I can run Tuna in single screen mode, but it crashes after a few seconds of driving in VR. I'm no expert, but I checked my logs and I didn't see anything glaring. The only thing I noticed before it crashed was that the frame rate dropped from 90 to about 75. I'm running an HP Reverb G2 with a 2070 Super, so my setup is far from ideal, but it generally works fine in AC. Maybe it's just not up to the task of rending the graphics on Tuna? Are you only experiencing issues on Tuna Cyn or everywhere?

Sorry for the initial misinformation I provided - hopefully you're able to find some settings that allow you to enjoy the track!

I did a little more testing and everything worked great on my machine (Stunt Rd, etc) except for Tuna Canyon. I can run Tuna in single screen mode, but it crashes after a few seconds of driving in VR. I'm no expert, but I checked my logs and I didn't see anything glaring. The only thing I noticed before it crashed was that the frame rate dropped from 90 to about 75. I'm running an HP Reverb G2 with a 2070 Super, so my setup is far from ideal, but it generally works fine in AC. Maybe it's just not up to the task of rending the graphics on Tuna? Are you only experiencing issues on Tuna Cyn or everywhere?

Sorry for the initial misinformation I provided - hopefully you're able to find some settings that allow you to enjoy the track!
Heya, thanks for the feedback. I run on a I9 9900 + 2080S and a G2 Reverb, but after lots-a-tweaking I get a stable 90fps at 100% resolution and with heavy rain I have to use FSR at 75% to keep 90fps.
I also wondered if somehow this track was just too demanding so to test I run it at FSR 50% but that didn't matter, crash after 5 seconds. I did not try all the layouts, 4 or 5 of them, but all crashed a couple of seconds after the start.

I don't think that framedrop you mention says a lot - when it crashes AC kind of slows to a halt in a second, then crashes back to desktop so that might explain why you see a small fps dip at the end.

But since the original version does run fine I wonder what was added to this update that could cause these crashes at all.

But with the numerous settings in CSP it's hard to figure out if and which setting could cause this and out of 280 installed tracks this is the first and so far only one that crashes.. Hopefully Todd can give some insight or has any idea :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back