Santa Monica Mountains

Tracks Santa Monica Mountains 0.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
I absolutely promise you it's not the track which did that.
I'll be more deliberate since I want the author to fix/improve upon his release and let everyone know: Just to get it out of the way, my AC was working just fine prior to installation. Anyway here is what I did, feel free to spot any kind of errors on my behalf. 1. I downloaded the file from the link the author provided in his pdf. 2. I unzipped the compressed file. 3. I dragged it over to Content Manager 3. I installed it in Content Manager 4. I tested the map and it ran. 5. I exited the map and changed it to a new map. 6. When the new map loaded all my shaders were messed up. 7. I loaded another map and same deal and also my steering wheel settings were now messed up.

So it seems either the map conflicted with the shaders settings or I messed up my shaders intentionally (i did not).

**Update**
Fixed the issue.
Reinstalled CSP
Uninstalled the map

Last edited:
So many people using it successfully - including myself. The problem would appear to be with your specific AC set-up not the track!
Yes it appears to conflict with SOL/CSP/whatever settings in these mods. By itself I'm sure the track is fine, just be aware if you have these particular mods installed!

Dude.... As some one who grew up on Piuma and drove these roads daily for over a decade but now lives half way across the country this is one of the coolest things I have ever seen in my entire life. Thank you so much for making this a reality and for allowing me to transport myself back to one of my favorite places on earth. Your an absolute legend and I cant wait to see where this project goes from here!

please Todd, can you considerer host the track on googledrive? mega always advert me "quote exceded" and i cant download a free VPN due to i use my pc on my work to download big files. thanks in advance!

i cannot get traffic to work, AI cars are going all oveer the place and crashing everywhere and driving in circles

Attachments

• Screenshot_ford_sierra_cosworth_rs500_btcc_santa_monica_mtns_27-0-122-17-22-26.jpg
    Screenshot_ford_sierra_cosworth_rs500_btcc_santa_monica_mtns_27-0-122-17-22-26.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Thanks for all the legwork!
Having the option to play in VR, i have been trying to get this track to work for the past couple of days. It always crashes on load for me. CM is telling me that the crash has to do with

Ac\kgltexture.cpp (97) KGLtexture: :KGLtexture

I made sure to have all requirements set and i'm using SOL 2.2 + CSP 1.77p1. Unfortunately this happens will all layouts.

I just can´t figure out how to get it working with my setup. If you could give any insight, i´d be greatful.
TIA

Some weird bugs I have noticed, like seeing through mountain walls, unfinished rock formations on the side of the road, fuzzy low poly mountains at the distance.
In my point of view it does have a lot of potential but in the actual state it’s more like an rough diamond.

Todd K I can't thank you enough for this stellar work. For a v0.01 it is already offering epic drive, you just have to stay on the road, already one of the bestest tracks in Assetto Corsa. Hope you find time to work on it even further.

I was wondering if you would ever like to work on Decker Canyon. I drive that road everyday and would like to see it implemented in a game.

I was wondering if you would ever like to work on Decker Canyon. I drive that road everyday and would like to see it implemented in a game.
I agree! There are so many great roads in that area. Decker, Encinal, Latigo, Yerba Buena, etc. I love the starting point of Santa Monica Mountains and I hope development continues.

PS I'm jealous that you get to drive Decker everyday!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 50 27.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 36 19.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 5.9%