Samsung 2020 - G7 & G9 1000R Monitors

Mr Latte

Premium
It seems a long way since CES 2020 in Jan when these were first announced and shown.
G7 as of writing appears to be available to order and G9 is to ship from mid-July.

I am currently building a cockpit to incorporate the 49" model, but have had mixed thoughts on going with this incredible looking 1000R display or the new CX OLED 48" TV.

In fairness, I have been swaying towards this 49" Super Ultrawide format with it suiting sim racing and good with multi-tasking and no borders or hassle with multi-screens.

I personally intend to wait however to later in the year as a few months after release we can usually see from previous versions they drop a couple of hundred quid @ £1100 to about £1000.

Last year's model was well-received by owners so it should be a superb display with the new improvements it brings. 1000R with apparently faster response and official Nvidia Gsync seems to be the more interesting factors.

Will be interesting to see upcoming reviews on these rather exciting looking displays. I wonder too if some would consider triple G7 monitors?

If interested feel free to discuss or share your own thoughts and user opinions if you buy.

G9 49"

Info:

Intro:

C49G95T
Product Detail:

G7 32" & 27"
Info:

Intro:

C32G75T
Product Detail 32"

C27G75T
Product Detail 27"

Additional Info:

Last edited:
Query
Model: LC49G93TSSRXX
What is the main difference with this version?
I have seen it list Freesync Premium Pro or is that available previously.
Noticed on a website, it also lists higher brightness but maybe a typo?

• 49" Display
  • VA Panel
  • Dual-QHD 5120x1440 Resolution
  • G-SYNC/FreeSync Premium Pro
  • 1ms Response Time
  • 240Hz Refresh Rate
  • 1000R Curvature
  • DisplayPort/HDMI/USB Connectivity
  • Height Adjustable
  • Headphone Socket
  • 100x100mm VESA Mountable
  • 32:9 Aspect Ratio
  • 450 cd/m² Brightness
  • 2500:1 Contrast Ratio

Model: LC49G95TSSUXEN
  • 49" Display
  • VA Panel
  • 5120 x 1440 DQHD Resolution
  • NVIDIA G-Sync Compatible
  • 1ms Response Time
  • 240Hz Refresh Rate
  • 1000R Curvature
  • DisplayPort/USB/HDMI Connectivity
  • Height Adjustable
  • Headphone Socket
  • 32:9 Aspect Ratio
  • 420 cd/m² Brightness
  • 2500:1 Contrast Ratio
  • 3 Year Warranty

Considering my GPU is aging
How bad does 3480x1080 look on these?

Edit:
Having sat on the fence for over a year, with the issues these had at the start.
I did take advantage of the "Prime Sale".

Not fully convinced I will enjoy the distortion as did not like that with triples.
Considered triple G7 but, triples are too much hassle, regards mounting/positioning, with more cables power sockets. An OLED for me would of had some benefits but I had to determine from the perspective of sim usage and PC gaming, in general, the PIP/PBP modes could also be useful with my tactile effects creation/monitoring of audio and gaming both on the same screen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What can be considered as a safe maximum display port cable longitude for trouble free usage(max resolution+max refresh rate)?

Not really care about the cost of the cable as I found a good deal for a used
5120 x 1440///120Hz monitor.
But I will have to place my rig 5-6 meters away and I am concerned about the distance.

Thank you

Last edited:
Upvote 0
After about a week of usage generally impressed with this monitor. Mine seems to of shipped with current firmware and thankfully no dead pixels or popping sounds.

I have opted for an Ergotron arm and seems some confusion on these is possible.
It appears, from various Youtube videos. Ergotron first updated the pivot mount to handle the weight of the G9.

This required purchasing the main arm and then an additional HD pivot option to replace the original but costing @£60 on top of the standard product.

However currently, if looking to get the G9 compatible product as one item for @ £220 and save about £60.

The product to buy is:

Ergotron Hx Series 45-647-216

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

New FW 1012.1, use direct link, Samsung seems to remove all FW from their support web site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CC
Upvote 1
  • Deleted member 197115

1012.1 seems fixed wake up from sleep in my situation, before in order to switch to G9 as active monitor I had to press its power button or Windows wouldn't switch.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Mine always wakes up when I switch on my pc and shuts down ok
It's not shut down, I have multiple monitors setup with only one active at a time. Switching was working only with this press power button to "pre-wake" G9, now it's not required. I think someone in reddit thread mentioned that as well.

Upvote 0
Hey @Andrew_WOT (or anyone else with 3080 and G9) would you mind sharing your NVCpl, system, and G9 monitor menu/firmware settings?

I have a 3080 and I’ve been experimenting with 240hz but am noticing some weirdness with scan lines and colors in ACC. iRacing seems to be fine.

Curious what optimal settings you have settled on.

Thank you.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Hey @Andrew_WOT (or anyone else with 3080 and G9) would you mind sharing your NVCpl, system, and G9 monitor menu/firmware settings?

I have a 3080 and I’ve been experimenting with 240hz but am noticing some weirdness with scan lines and colors in ACC. iRacing seems to be fine.

Curious what optimal settings you have settled on.

Thank you.
Nothing special, disabled Local Dimming and enabled VRR.
In ACC HDR enabled, and the rest is pretty much default Epic settings. Are you using DLSS or TAA gen 5 by any chance, disable both.
Try these settings.

Attachments

• Engine.ini
    1.5 KB · Views: 53
  • SCREEN_EPIC_FSR.json
    1.2 KB · Views: 47
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Thanks for this @Andrew_WOT -- Not sure what was going on with my rig but the computer would crash after quitting ACC when the G9 was in 240Hz mode. I reset the G9's settings and now it all seems to be working/looking fine in 240Hz.

Thanks again.
DSC can be temperamental, I had issues with two monitors connected to the same GPU, one with DSC enabled (G9) and another not supporting it, LG39. Seems like combination of the latest G9 FW and NVidia drivers alleviate problems but if you suspect DSC giving you hard time, just disable it by switching to 8bit/120hz mode. In the end it might even look better as stream compression is lossy ("visually lossless").

Upvote 0
DSC can be temperamental, I had issues with two monitors connected to the same GPU, one with DSC enabled (G9) and another not supporting it, LG39. Seems like combination of the latest G9 FW and NVidia drivers alleviate problems but if you suspect DSC giving you hard time, just disable it by switching to 8bit/120hz mode. In the end it might even look better as stream compression is lossy ("visually lossless").
Sorry to butt in, but could you remind me again why the 240Hz would be beneficial (if FPS is below even 120)?
Personally I let it sit at 120Hz and never looked back. Am I missing out on something?

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

With FreeSync it doesn't matter really.
What matters though is that G9 can only do 8bit color at 120hz without DSC, whether it's noticeable is another thing, from my faded memory HDR wasn't as hot as it should be.

Upvote 0
With FreeSync it doesn't matter really.
What matters though is that G9 can only do 8bit color at 120hz without DSC, whether it's noticeable is another thing, from my faded memory HDR wasn't as hot as it should be.
Cheers Andrew! I use G-Sync with 70FPS and HDR. Didn't notice any annoying color dithering or other effects due to "just" 8bit. So all good for me (still). :D

Upvote 0
Nothing special, disabled Local Dimming and enabled VRR.
In ACC HDR enabled, and the rest is pretty much default Epic settings. Are you using DLSS or TAA gen 5 by any chance, disable both.
Try these settings.
Andrew a couple of questions, when I use your in game (acc) file it uses fsr. This changes the dash position relative to what I have set up and I can change the orojection correction but it makes no difference on screen any ideas? Also on the monitor Osd I don’t have a vrr option under system? Version 1015.2 and latest nvidia gpu. Running at 240hz. Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Andrew a couple of questions, when I use your in game (acc) file it uses fsr. This changes the dash position relative to what I have set up and I can change the orojection correction but it makes no difference on screen any ideas? Also on the monitor Osd I don’t have a vrr option under system? Version 1015.2 and latest nvidia gpu. Running at 240hz. Thanks
"Custom" FSR is using only CAS sharpening, there is no upsampling. I do not use projection correction as it negatively affects image quality, you need to compensate with higher res scale to compensate for barrel distortion in the center.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back