rF2 S397 GT3 With New TyreModel @ Road America - Fri 17 Feb 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
i thought that was a really interesting race, the tyre ware and subsequent performance seemed much better, i cant remember the last time i had such consistent times, other than a tangle o lap 8 which put me in a spin and mid race out braking my self in the last corner.. enjoyed that!

Results uploaded: https://ommyrvold.net/rdrf2/feb23.html
As always, click "races" and choose the Road America race to see lap-times, tyre wear, fuel usage etc. etc. etc. from the race :)

Standings February 2023
1676676137262.png

Had to stop due to crazy vibrations in my steering wheel although I don’t think I had flat spots. It started gradually until it wasn’t bearable and shaking my whole rig (which is very sturdy)

I think I reduced dampening in my ffb some time ago, could it be related? I know you should feel flat spots but this just fell different.

In practice thursday night I couldnt believe how terrible the default setups were, they were so far off I had to ask @Michael Rudolf for a Ferrari setup as otherwise I'd have been nowhere. Thankfully he was very kind and acutally give it to me, its not everyday you see that when you usually fight for the win with the guy you're asking setups for. I owe you one :thumbsup:
Practice went well, I discovered there was time to gain in the 2nd and 3rd sector by lowering the wing, but I also lost time in the 1st sector as I didnt have the stability for the exits. It was a compromise really, it also gave me a slight edge on the straights.
Qually went well. Although I couldnt hook up a lap until midway through, the one that did stick I was pleased with. Michael being 7 tenths faster was bit shocking - either he found a shortcut, a setup secret or simply nailed the lap, well done :)
Race was basically a titanic battle between the two of us for most of the race. I knew I had to dispatch Matt (nice to see you back buddy) quickly to get a slim chance to challenge Michael and thankfully I managed to do so.
To my surprise I could keep up, I genuinely thought Michael would be lapping the high 2.04's, but that wasnt the case. We were very evenly matched over the lap, lapping in the 2.05's, then the 2.06's where we stayed most of the race. The battle raged throughout the race, me getting past after a small mistake, Michael re-passing me after I got a poor exit out of T1, me trying to keep up but ultimately he just had a bit more pace in the end where I started to struggle a little after overheating the tires in the 2nd half of the race.
Nice win Michael, thouroughly deserved :thumbsup:

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 109 69.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 41 26.1%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 31 19.7%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 33 21.0%
  • No 3pa registration pages