rF2 S397 GT3 With New TyreModel @ Road America - Fri 17 Feb 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
@Jan Larsen usually uses the C7, maybe he has something for the new tyre model he'd be willing to share.
Otherwise I tested the Ferrari, Porsche and Mercedes and have a decent setup for these if you want to use one of them. I'm about 1 sec of the pace with the Merc though, no idea how to become faster with it.
If you could share those setups I would be HIGHLY grateful! I’m still working on my setup skills and I’ve got a long way to go…

I’d be willing to give those cars a try too. I tried the Ferrari with the default setup and it was pretty squirrelly. I don’t think I’m brave enough to try a full race with that car.

I’d be willing to give those cars a try too. I tried the Ferrari with the default setup and it was pretty squirrelly. I don’t think I’m brave enough to try a full race with that car.

From what I have read, the default setups are the same as pre-update. S397 havent provided new base setups yet. That might explain it.

Remember that you can play around with ABS and TC with these cars as well :)

@Jan Larsen usually uses the C7, maybe he has something for the new tyre model he'd be willing to share.
Otherwise I tested the Ferrari, Porsche and Mercedes and have a decent setup for these if you want to use one of them. I'm about 1 sec of the pace with the Merc though, no idea how to become faster with it.

• Radical is still a work in progress and slower than other cars due to work on new tyres. Further work will be done in the next two weeks to improve its performance.
  • Mercedes has been heavily reworked, and we will review it over the next two weeks to ensure it is competitive.
This is from S397. So I guess that means the Merc will be reviewed ;-)

Not yet, but I'm planning on a testing session tonight to see what can be done :)

Sorry, but have to skip this one :(
Totally forgot that I'm home alone with the kids.
I was really looking forward to giving the new tyre model a spin.. Oh well, next time then.

What?
You don't use the modern parenting where you just give the kids a tablet with some exploiting games and tell them to be quite? :p
haha, true. my kid would be in heaven for hours if i told him to go and play some minecraft or roblux. wouldn't hear a peep out of him. then again, what can i say, i'm the same way with sim racing.... apple doesn't fall far i suppose...

of course, it's tempting to let them do that, but in the end always better to get outside and enjoy some activities together with your kids.

ive been really struggling with setup a the moment, i cant get the rear to work at all, i think the Ferrari as faster than the aston so will probably go with that

ive been really struggling with setup a the moment, i cant get the rear to work at all, i think the Ferrari as faster than the aston so will probably go with that
i've also found the ferrari to be the most stable and smooth so far, thanks to some setup help i received here. i was also struggling to keep the other cars on the track and/or turn in a decent lap...

i'll probably stick with the ferrari myself.

What?
You don't use the modern parenting where you just give the kids a tablet with some exploiting games and tell them to be quite? :p
Unfortunately that doesn't work on the youngest one. It might keep him quiet for 90 seconds :sleep:
Although, I have introduced him to Forza Horizon, so who knows what that will bring :cool:

Unfortunately that doesn't work on the youngest one. It might keep him quiet for 90 seconds :sleep:
Although, I have introduced him to Forza Horizon, so who knows what that will bring :cool:

Haha! Well, I like that you don't just give them a tablet and that's it (inlcuding tablett in Danish ;P)

Horizon... I still have 1hr of Horizon 5 every week. Some wannabe-OCD about having all cars...

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 139 85.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 27 16.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 25 15.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 50 30.9%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 57 35.2%