rF2 S397 GT3 With New TyreModel @ Road America - Fri 17 Feb 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
We'll in the general keep the Friday-races like this:
Week 1: Multiclass (LMP & GTE unless something new and cool releases that's worth trying)
Week 2: Singleclass (GT3 unless something new and cool releases that's worth trying)
Week 3: Multiclass (LMP & GTE unless something new and cool releases that's worth trying)
Week 4: Singleclass(GT3 unless something new and cool releases that's worth trying)

And so on :) So Friday 3rd March will be the next GT3 event :)
Thanks for the information. Regarding the multiclass race, which aerodynamic pack is used for the Oreca?

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm also split on the tire model. It feels great in light formula or prototype cars (The Oreca really came to life), but heavier tintops like BTCC and GT's feels terrible really. I'm sure its compounded by the absolutely terrible default setups, something S397 thankfully has acknowledged, but the tire update should never have been released without updated defaults, thats just a major error. I know developing default setups for so many cars takes time, but it should have been done. Regardless of setup; you'll need to adjust your driving style for these tires, you simply need to be smooth with your input. If you dont already have it, get a dash app to monitor tire temps through the corner (especially like the long right hander here) and watch if you're getting the tire in the red zone. If you do, wear explodes. While I battled Michael, I always had an eye on this, trying to nuture it as much as possible. It didnt quite work this time.
Again, dont be afraid to ask for setups here, or on the server. I did and while not perfect, it still transformed the car.
The tyre wear on the BTCC Cars is much more realistic now however, which is a massive bonus. The BTCC cars often need massive camber values, and it makes them finally drivable. I have an FWD setup I will share out for Monday's race.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 129 70.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 43 23.5%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 34 18.6%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 37 20.2%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 38 20.8%