rF2 S397 GT3 @ Silverstone - Friday 01 March 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Since the recent updates, I had similar issues with someone else's server. In the end to get it working I:
  • uninstalled the game
  • Backed up the files left over after uninstalling and moved them to another location
  • Reinstalled the game in the original location
  • Put a few key user files from the backups, back into the newly installed game folders (eg player.json / controller files etc).
Before this I'd tried manually uninstalling and reinstalling the GT3 pack, etc etc. The method above was the only thing that worked for me in the end!

Well, I have to withdraw as well: I can't join the server! I can join the GTE server with the same track, and the server from an another sites with the same cars… And I have no idea what I could try to fix now! :mad:

Yup I have the same issues and I can also get onto the RD GTE server no problem. I got these messages in the log:

Code:
rFactor2 Content Inventory @ Feb 28 2019 11:28:47 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mod "S397 GT3 @ Silverstone 1.0" contains an updated component "Radical_RXC_GT3_2017 2.37" no base component installed.
Mod "S397 GT3 @ Silverstone 1.0" references a non-existent component "Radical_RXC_GT3_2017 2.37".

I have all GT3 and GTE packs. I unsubscribed to the Radical and then opened RF2; it reinstalled the Radical automatically, but the GT3 server still isn't loading.The Silverstone 1.0 that is downloaded from the GT3 server seems to be searching for a version 2.37 of the Radical RXC which doesn't seem to exist, despite my many attempts at reinstalling (I have a 2.31, 2.40 and 2.41)...so it doesn't install the track to the game. I refuse to believe I have to reinstall all of RF2 to gain access to this one server.

Will look for another server that's using the GT3 cars to see if it works there. I'd rather not drop out, if anyone can send something else to try (other than reinstall RF2) I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:
Since I do seem to have the Radical v 2.37 (while the newest version is 2.41), I can confirm it says it is used by the RD S397 GT3 @ Silverstone mod. The 2.37 version seems to be from February 14th (followed by 2.40 and 2.41 both from February 26th).

So it would seem the RD mod needs updating. I'm not sure how these mods are created, but perhaps the person creating it was the one missing the updated Radical, so the generated mod is looking for an outdated version not everyone has? Or the mod was generated before the updated version was released?

ANNOUNCEMENT

The server for tonight's event has now been updated and restarted following the release of an update for the 'Radical RXC Turbo GT3'.

Please refer to this post by @Craig Dunkley if you have any problems with updating the car and joining the server.

ANNOUNCEMENT

The server for tonight's event has now been updated and restarted following the release of an update for the 'Radical RXC Turbo GT3'.

Please refer to this post by @Craig Dunkley if you have any problems with updating the car and joining the server.
Thanks for doing it swiftly! :)

I wonder why I could connect throughout the whole week. I had to do the procedure once on Monday but can still connect (just checked).
Was I one of the lucky ones that had this 2.37 of the radical after doing the unsubscribing procedure whereas others either had an older version or a newer version?

Thanks a lot Daiman! :inlove:

@Craig Dunkley Sorry mate, that means I'd like to stay in please...:p

I wonder why I could connect throughout the whole week. I had to do the procedure once on Monday but can still connect (just checked).
Was I one of the lucky ones that had this 2.37 of the radical after doing the unsubscribing procedure whereas others either had an older version or a newer version?
Look at Martin's post, he has 3 versions in his game: 2.37, 2.40, and 2.41. I had trouble joining an another server and found out I had those 3 versions too; I manually removed the older 2.37... From there I could not join the RD server anymore. You probably have the 3 versions in your game (my guess is that we have custom skins from previous events, so the game keeps the version of the car that correspond to those skins...) so you were able to match the server that wasn't up to date. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for doing it swiftly! :)
Not a problem Rasmus! :D Apologies for not realising and performing the update even sooner! :p

Yup, it sounds like you were one of the "lucky" few to keep hold of the previous update even after the release of a new version the other day. :giggle: The update was released on Tuesday (26th February) evening, so I guess that Steam has not checked for and downloaded updates from the Workshop in the past couple of days, at least for you and a few others. :whistling:

One day, I would really like to understand how the rF2 packages/Steam Workshop system works. Provided anybody even knows... ;) But it just seems to be very fond of cumulating updates upon updates.

One day, I would really like to understand how the rF2 packages/Steam Workshop system works. Provided anybody even knows... ;) But it just seems to be very fond of cumulating updates upon updates.

You and me both Martin, 397 updates and Steam does not = major problems, why do we have to FORCE steam to update? ..no doubt this will start to cost 397 potential customers.

397 to Steam appears to be fine
Steam to the users, appears to be broken

@Craig Dunkley We don't really have to force Steam to update, if we're talking about the same thing, it's just that they now default to scheduling any game updates in the next like 24 hours or so, which sadly kinda wreaks havoc on the rF2 packaging system. You can set a game to high priority, which I believe should force Steam to update it as soon as the update is ready, so that might solve some of the issues people seem to have. It's set by right clicking on given game in the Library list, selecting Properties, going to the Updates tab and setting Automatic updates to High priority.

I was talking more about the rF2 side of things, like why does the game keep so many different versions of the same package for example. I'm guessing there is a reason, but it's quite confusing. Maybe it keeps some of the old versions for compatibility reasons? But in that case, it apparently still doesn't work all that great, because it seems that if you don't have that version, you are not able to re-acquire it if a newer version is already out, so...yeah.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back