• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU S397 GT3 @ Silverstone - Friday 01 March 2019

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Craig Dunkley, Feb 21, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 01-03-19
  1. johndough247

johndough247
    Premium

Ratings:
    +333
    I don’t think there is an issue with steam updates to the user either (in fact, I think they’re highly efficient in this, to the point where it becomes a pain lol)...from Thursday when I first attempted to join the sever I already had the current 3 versions of the Radical installed - 2.31, 2.40 and 2.41 and RF2 was set to the default update setting “always up to date” so my reinstalling it didn’t change anything; the server update done this morning was definitely the fix. I don’t know how setting up the servers work or how they are updated, but maybe that’s the area that needs addressing in terms of timely auto-updates? Glad the admins sorted it out regardless :thumbsup:

2. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel
    rFactor 2 Technical Assistant Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,010
    Unfortunately "auto-updating" is not (theoretically, or at least without writing your own custom scripts) possible with standalone dedicated servers - they do not work the same way as the rFactor 2 client application, or quite the same way as the client-side version of the dedicated server, and it does not run via the Steam application. When content updates are released they have to be downloaded manually before a new "mod package" is created (using the latest versions of the component files) for the server. So there is no getting away from a person / administrator being involved in updating servers and resources that are required for events (not easily anyway - it is possible, but would require a fairly substantial amount of work to write applications and utilities to automate the entire process). :geek:

Absolutely not a problem! I'm always here to help! :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. balage06

balage06
    Premium

Ratings:
    +232
    Ahh, sorry guys, something always comes up on Fridays... Sign me out please, maybe tomorrow with the GTE.

4. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium

Ratings:
    +988
    Sign me out please.

5. suspectmonkey

suspectmonkey
    Premium

Ratings:
    +338
    Unfortunately I'll have to sign out as well :( Parental duties call I'm afraid! Hope you all have a good race!

6. Maciej Strzeboński

Maciej Strzeboński
    Premium

Ratings:
    +155
    Sign me in as maybe, please. Because now I'm able to connect to the server, but probably before the race I won't be able to connect. Thanks Craig! :)

7. Hans Dahlgren

Hans Dahlgren
    Premium

Ratings:
    +9
    wrong posting

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  8. Enoneado

Enoneado
    Premium

Ratings:
    +38
    finally i can't play, sorry, enjoy!

9. Celtic Pharaoh

Celtic Pharaoh
    Driven by emotion, powered by logic Premium

Ratings:
    +758
    Sorry guys, sign me out. I had the package not available error so I unsubscribed and resubscribed the content and it doesn't seem it'll download in time before the race :(

10. alvaro inchausti

alvaro inchausti
    Premium

Ratings:
    +21
    i cant entry the server. idont know

11. RasmusP

RasmusP
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,701
    Thanks for this race guys! The banter in TS was hilarious and I enjoyed a few battles.
    We rF2 Club racers definitely need to practice starts though. And I don't mean T1 battles, these are the same everywhere hehe.
    But I had to dodge a car on the grid and dropped back. Looking at the replay I saw everyone getting going on a highly different speed.
    I practiced the start against the AI but actually parking my car after the formation lap everything went sooo freaking quickly that I almost missed the final horn! :whistling:

Anyway, I had some awesome fun tonight. Thanks for this to all of you!

Little note: @xoSx.Racing, Dastan looking at the results file you dropped down 2 positions to behind me. Penalties section shows a stop and go for you and you probably didn't serve it. Afaik you finished about 2 seconds in front of Andy.
    This makes the unserved penalty dropping you down about 45 seconds :confused::cry:

That said, Silverstone is the strictest track I've ever came across. Last race, while being one of my first ones and not knowing that the severness of cuts is influencing the penalties, I served 3 penalties, oops :poop:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pauli Ahonen

Pauli Ahonen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +182
    I would prefer rolling starts for safety but we could remind each other to practice it during warmup.
    Otherwise there will be pileup on the next track.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Christian.ca

Christian.ca
    Premium

Ratings:
    +16
    I'm probably responsible for the bad start.

When I can't see the lights on grid, I normally go with the beeping sound countdown. Sadly few people talk on TS right at that moment and I couldn't ear beeb sound, as a result I totally missed the start, and of course everyone behind was affected. Sorry!

I now have a mute button assign when on grid. And I'll try to adjust my sound settings as well.

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. RainhamIron

RainhamIron
    Premium

Ratings:
    +217
    Reckon I'll be doing the same, my start was a complete mess also. Although that was as much to do with my general fumbling around with gears / clutch as it was anything else :whistling:
    The mute button idea sounds like a good plan in any case.
    Once we'd all negotiated the lap one shenanigans though, there was some really fun (and fair) racing right up until the chequered flag :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fushida

Fushida
    Premium

Ratings:
    +10
    In please, Craig. Thank you very much.

Sorry, I misread the race date.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019 at 20:49
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.