rF2 S397 GT3 @ Road Atlanta - Fri 10 Apr 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
SERVER IS UP!

NOTE:
The GetMod service is available once again, so any missing component files that are required for this event (except for paid DLC, if applicable) will be automatically downloaded and installed when joining the server.

@Daiman Patel do you have any clue what this means:
"rFactor2 Content Inventory @ Apr 06 2020 13:46:47
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Component "RoadAtlanta2017 1.30" failed to verify, removed from inventory"

My buddy @hape wants to join the rF2 club after I lured him into the awesome front and rear end feel :p

But he can't join the server...
He tried verifying, unsubscribing - subscribing and restarting but nothing helps...
And I forgot which folders contain what to manually check if it's correctly installed or not. Oops!

I don't know what to do now so I thought you guys might be able to help since it's about this week's race :)

@Daiman Patel do you have any clue what this means:
"rFactor2 Content Inventory @ Apr 06 2020 13:46:47
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Component "RoadAtlanta2017 1.30" failed to verify, removed from inventory"

My buddy @hape wants to join the rF2 club after I lured him into the awesome front and rear end feel :p

But he can't join the server...
He tried verifying, unsubscribing - subscribing and restarting but nothing helps...
And I forgot which folders contain what to manually check if it's correctly installed or not. Oops!

I don't know what to do now so I thought you guys might be able to help since it's about this week's race :)
This would typically suggest that there is a problem with the component, which is not the case as I have tested the track myself, a potential conflict with another component, or that the component cannot be found. I would ask your friend to start by making sure that components are being installed to the correct location; there have been times when similar issues have occurred because components are being installed to the 'Bin32' folder for instance. If I remember correctly the install location is based on whatever is specified as the root in the <rF2_install_dir>\Core\data.path file. If this appears to be correct then ask them to ensure that they have uninstalled any old versions of this component before attempting to reinstall. The folder that you need to check is <rF2_install_dir>\Installed\Locations\RoadAtlanta2017 - make sure that this folder is either empty or doesn't exist after uninstalling any old versions of this track. If the problem still occurs then ask them to verify their rFactor 2 installation (through Steam) before attempting to reinstall the component.

This would typically suggest that there is a problem with the component, which is not the case as I have tested the track myself, a potential conflict with another component, or that the component cannot be found. I would ask your friend to start by making sure that components are being installed to the correct location; there have been times when similar issues have occurred because components are being installed to the 'Bin32' folder for instance. If I remember correctly the install location is based on whatever is specified as the root in the <rF2_install_dir>\Core\data.path file. If this appears to be correct then ask them to ensure that they have uninstalled any old versions of this component before attempting to reinstall. The folder that you need to check is <rF2_install_dir>\Installed\Locations\RoadAtlanta2017 - make sure that this folder is either empty or doesn't exist after uninstalling any old versions of this track. If the problem still occurs then ask them to verify their rFactor 2 installation (through Steam) before attempting to reinstall the component.
Will do this with him tomorrow, thanks a lot!
He freshly bought rF2 + both gt3 packs, installed, waited for workshop download to complete.
Subscribed to the road atlanta track, waited for the workshop download to complete.
Launched the launcher, waited for everything to install and then tried to connect.

Does the track error happen if the gt3 packs are missing?

Will do this with him tomorrow, thanks a lot!
He freshly bought rF2 + both gt3 packs, installed, waited for workshop download to complete.
Subscribed to the road atlanta track, waited for the workshop download to complete.
Launched the launcher, waited for everything to install and then tried to connect.

Does the track error happen if the gt3 packs are missing?
The message specifically states that the problem is with the track, so even if any of the GT3 cars (or any other content for that matter) was missing it would not be the cause of this issue. If he has just installed everything afresh then it sounds like content is being installed to the wrong directory... however, I could be wrong. I would definitely check this first though, and let me know how you get on. I'll continue to have a think, but if the problem persists then you may need to ask the question on the Studio 397 forums instead... unless of course any members of our community have an idea of what the problem may be.

Out of curiosity, has your friend tried installing a different track? Can he drive any car and track combination in single player mode?

The message specifically states that the problem is with the track, so even if any of the GT3 cars (or any other content for that matter) was missing it would not be the cause of this issue. If he has just installed everything afresh then it sounds like content is being installed to the wrong directory... however, I could be wrong. I would definitely check this first though, and let me know how you get on. I'll continue to have a think, but if the problem persists then you may need to ask the question on the Studio 397 forums instead... unless of course any members of our community have an idea of what the problem may be.

Out of curiosity, has your friend tried installing a different track? Can he drive any car and track combination in single player mode?
Thanks Daiman, we'll gonna hop on TS tomorrow and check all folders etc :)

Very helpful to get your input on this!
I thought it might be something obvious that you know a simple solution to so before I would dig through all files etc, I wanted to get your guidance on how to approach it.

I'm sure I'll get him on the server tomorrow :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back