rF2 S397 GT3 @ Road Atlanta - Fri 10 Apr 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
@Daiman Patel - I cannot get on the server currently. I get the message "Mod could not be installed, MOD download failed". I have unsubbed and resubbed to the circuit and cars, but it still pops up. Tried to join the Sierra-server as a test, and that downloaded and worked as it usually does.

Where do I go from here to find out what's wrong?

@Daiman Patel - I cannot get on the server currently. I get the message "Mod could not be installed, MOD download failed". I have unsubbed and resubbed to the circuit and cars, but it still pops up. Tried to join the Sierra-server as a test, and that downloaded and worked as it usually does.

Where do I go from here to find out what's wrong?
You can try downloading - from here - and installing the server package manually. This should help to indicate if there are any issues, such as missing or out of date components. I have just checked and there does not appear to be any updates for the GT3 cars, so you should already have installed the same versions as those being used by the server. There has been update released for the track in the past couple of weeks, but again I can confirm that we are using the latest version on the server.

You can try downloading - from here - and installing the server package manually. This should help to indicate if there are any issues, such as missing or out of date components. I have just checked and there does not appear to be any updates for the GT3 cars, so you should already have installed the same versions as those being used by the server. There has been update released for the track in the past couple of weeks, but again I can confirm that we are using the latest version on the server.
That did the trick, thank you :)

Awesome! I'm glad to hear that it's sorted! :thumbsup: What was (or seemed to be) the issue if you don't mind me asking?
Good question... We solved by me sending him my installed/locations/roadatlanta folder.
He then was able to connect to the server. We checked other tracks afterwards (Watkins Glen) and also deleted the locations folder, restarted the launcher and let the launcher verify road atlanta again.
This time everything worked flawlessly.

My guess would be that there was a problem with verifying a mod track before the first launch of the game.
Maybe simply starting rF2 in single player, going on a track and quitting would've solved it too.

Good question... We solved by me sending him my installed/locations/roadatlanta folder.
He then was able to connect to the server. We checked other tracks afterwards (Watkins Glen) and also deleted the locations folder, restarted the launcher and let the launcher verify road atlanta again.
This time everything worked flawlessly.

My guess would be that there was a problem with verifying a mod track before the first launch of the game.
Maybe simply starting rF2 in single player, going on a track and quitting would've solved it too.
I don't know if this was already suggested, but what about verifying files in steam?

I don't know if this was already suggested, but what about verifying files in steam?
Yeah all done. The game was freshly bought and installed. Then verified anyway and um-subscribed, re-subscribed.
The workshop download was fine apparently as when it was running fine, we could delete the installed track and the downloaded one from the workshop was re-installed into rF2 by the launcher without issues.

Really really strange one but anyway, everything is working :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back