Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo

So, I was not expecting much and thus was it so.

I have perhaps the most common wheel in PC sim racing a G25 and it thought turning right was right axis, but turning left was button x! WTF!

And you cannot hit escape while in the arena, which I lasted 4 seconds in because the wheel was turning left constantly.

Quite why you would release a demo that has such basic issues I do not understand. Utter, utter garbage and not worth a penny, clearly they have paid Mr Loeb an awful amount as if my name was attached to this piece of garbage I would be sueing them!

But, hang on, it's Milestone, the most consistently bad console release sim company in existence, OK everything makes sense now.

Haven't tried the demo yet, but overall feedback seems to be negative. Sluggish performance with massive framedrops, no 21:9 or triple screen support, etc. Let's see if they can at least release something better than WRC 5

I'm very disappointed in this demo. I really thought SLRE was going to be great, but alas, it seems like what WRC 5 would have been if it'd stayed with Milestone (i.e., similar to WRC 4).

The game is very stuttery (much like WRC 1,2,3,4 was), and it seems to be independent of the graphics settings, which is slightly weird. My PC isn't a behemoth, but I wouldn't expect stuttering (GTX 960, i5 2500k), especially if the settings were low.

The wheel settings are pretty bad. It locks the rotation to 180 degrees regardless of what you set. I found you can circumvent it by not allowing the game to override wheel settings in the Logitech profiler, and with 480 degree steering it's not as horrible as 180. The force feedback isn't particularly good though, there seems to be a damper effect going on which means that there's no detail. Changing surface (ice to tarmac) doesn't result in any different feel in the force feedback either. Likewise changing surface doesn't seem to affect the grip either, or if it does, then not in a big way.

On the plus side, the stage is nice. The road is an appropriate width, the roadside details are very nice. The graphics look pretty good, they just perform badly. The co-driver voice is pretty decent too, I'd say the second best on the market, only behind Dirt Rally.

It's really a shame, because there's some potential here. But the game engine just can't do it justice. If all of these stages and cars were available as a DLC for Dirt Rally, then I'd probably be inclined to buy them. But as it is, I have no interest in purchasing SLRE. :(

And you cannot hit escape while in the arena, which I lasted 4 seconds in because the wheel was turning left constantly.

I got the constantly turning left thing too. I had to set turn left to a random button, and turn right to my wheel's axis. For some reason that made the steering actually work. Just make sure it doesn't bind your turning left steering axis to anything, because it swaps controls as you bind them. I had car reset on steering left by mistake, and was wondering what was going on.

The demo doesn't save your control settings though, so if you want to change the graphics then you're filling those in again. And yeah, I'm seeing the same frame rate problems as others here, and in other Milestone games (both bike and car ones). 100+ average FPS with random stutters.

Ah well, I can put this one to rest in my own mind now at least.

Very let down after all the hype
Wont be going any further with this title
These guys need to jump on the coat tails of Codemasters
The true Rally makers
Back to Dirt Rally !!!!!!!
Its so flippin good

Last edited:
Have anyone read the ReadMe file? :x3: And to clarify, everything in this post is taken from the Loeb Evo ReadMe, you can find it in the folder the game is installed!

MotoGP™14 ReadMe File

May 26th, 2014

http://www.motogpvideogame.com/
********************************************************************************

MotoGP™14 can be configured to make the most out of your
PC’s capabilities.

To enjoy the full graphic potential of MotoGP™14 it is
advisable to use a PC with at least the following specifications:

Oh but it get's better!

5. Go to the "Video Settings" section of MotoGP™13's launcher:
- Set screen resolution to a lower value.
- Uncheck "Anti aliasing" (FSAA).
6. Go to the "Config Graphics" section of MotoGP™13’s launcher:
- Uncheck all options.

Sooo. Yeah!

EDIT: More fun!

********************************************************************************
ONLINE ARCHITECTURE

MXGP - The Official Motocross Videogame has no dedicated servers for multiplayer

Please, do not try to imitate or reproduce any
of the riding movements shown in this game. And remember: when riding a motorbike
in real life, always ride it safely.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

Hahahahahaha this demo truly is extremely poor! Hahahahaha, oh wow.

I was able to configure my wheel to function fine, without the left hook issue. But there is so much lag, awkward FFB and sluggish behavior that you might as well just use keyboards or the nearest available gamepad.

The demo does have the terrible stuttering, which is quite a hilarious feat. The car dynamics were tough to judge given the sluggish response, on asphalt it felt delayed, on dirt it had grip but again, such delay on interaction. The one thing was the track did keep the tire marks regardless of how long you'd be gone elsewhere, maybe playing in the tarmac parking lot for a bit, you go back to the dirt and the marks are there.

If only DiRT Rally had better FFB and non-spammy tire grip, it would beat this so even more mercilessly. There is no chance this game will succeed, maybe on PS4/XBO but I doubt it would run smoothly.

I have tried to be supportive of Milestone because they make good games on the outside but once you start to deal with the internal elements it's a totally different ball game. Controller Support is still a broken mess and they just keep repeating the same errors over and over and over again. I'll say this to any developer of driving games. Success with these types of games starts with input controller support. If you don't do this right your wasting your time and after 6 or 7 games failing to get this area right I am compelled to just suggest these guys give up on driving games all together or license a game engine that does properly support the popular hardware devices for these types of games. Milestone has just been pissing into the wind for years!:poop:

Well, this is so far one of the worst PC ports since Batman: AK. I dont have powerful PC, but my PC can run Dirt Rally on medium-high details smoothly above 30fps, but this game even on low details cant run well on stable 30fps. Sounds in this game are horrible, handling is a bit better than in WRC 5, but it's still wood. Only + of this game is a cars list, which is bigger than in Dirt Rally, and it would be nice to see them in Dirt instead of this pile of poo. It will be only worth of buy on some Steam sale when it will gonna cost about 5€ or something, it's not worth more.

Just tried the demo...
Better than WRC5...nowhere close to Dirt, at least the demo is not stands up for the name of the game.
Lets wait for the full release, but i don't think it has a chance against the surprise of 2015 (dirt rally).
You have to be using a game pad, or if you don't mind me asking, what wheel do you use, cause I have a tx, as well as I've heard from friends who own Logitech and Fanatec wheels, just don't seem work properly with this game.. You can map buttons, but when it comes to mapping the wheel itself, it maps it as "x".. I give it gas and the car goes in circles and that's it.. I soooo was looking forward to testing this demo as I am awaiting the final release. Well, it's a demo and therefore much time to clean up the final product. Not expecting much and this demo has really tempered any expectations I had for this game.

Last edited:
You have to be using a game pad, or if you don't mind me asking, what wheel do you use, cause I have a tx, as well as I've heard from friends who own Logitech and Fanatec wheels, just don't seem work properly with this game.. You can map buttons, but when it comes to mapping the wheel itself, it maps it as "x".. I give it gas and the car goes in circles and that's it.. I soooo was looking forward to testing this demo as I am awaiting the final release. Well, it's a demo and therefore much time to clean up the final product. Not expecting much and this demo has really tempered any expectations I had for this game.

I use g27, but i dont have a wheel problem with this game... i dont like many things compared to dirt.... ;)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.