F1 2013 Rubbered In Track

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like some help guys.

I stole this image from another thread
Screenshot40705_zps06221996.png

My game does not rubber in like that, even with max settings. It hasn't rubbered in like that since 2010, and I haven't got it working since.

For guys who do get the rubbering in track, can you post your specs/game settings? I'd love to see this effect.

I'm confused, why are you here if you hate this game so much?

And no, the rubbering in line was removed after the first patch in F1 2010. After that it wasn't included in 2011 or 2012. The track would get grippier over the course of a weekend, but it wouldn't visually develop a rubbered line.

That is absolute fact! 100%

I'm not being a fanboy, I'm just stating a simple fact that you seem to be ignoring.

F1 2013 does feature this visual rubbered line, but it's been problematic, some get it, some don't.
Codemasters are looking into it and my money is that they'll fix it. Because it's a good addition.

If you don't like their product, then leave.
And the fact that you state you only care about my opinion if it agrees with your view points to the fact you're very naive about this patching process.

If you can show me a game released with zero bugs, then I'll show you a liar.
LOLZ a game that allows for faster laptimes when your FPS are higher is not a bug in a racing game when shipped-

ITS A TOTAL FAILURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course the rubbering in visual is candy and not SO necessary. Nevertheless it makes me wonder what else we find. Like Savegames corrupting on my last race of the season and stuff.....already prepping myself accordingly. LOL Get the point? You can loose a lot of time and nerves playing this not knowing what awaits you around the corner.

There are a lot more grievances, but those don't belong to this thread so i leave it at that.

LOLZ a game that allows for faster laptimes when your FPS are higher is not a bug in a racing game when shipped-

Of course the rubbering in visual is candy and not SO necessary. Nevertheless it makes me wonder what else we find. Like Savegames corrupting on my last race of the season and stuff.....already prepping myself accordingly. LOL Get the point? You can loose a lot of time and nerves playing this not knowing what awaits you around the corner.

There are a lot more grievances, but those don't belong to this thread so i leave it at that.

But there's a difference between giving Codemasters some constructive criticism, and just saying that their game is a "... A TOTAL FAILURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

But there's a difference between giving Codemasters some constructive criticism, and just saying that their game is a "... A TOTAL FAILURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Yeah look I am sorry, but we are talking about the proper function of the 'meat & potatoes' of ANY competitive racing game. That those issues are not found and fixed prior to release is simply not good. Actually unacceptable. Period.

Constructive would be equal to CM apologizing to the fanbase profoundly and COMMITTING immediately to work with pressure on a patch and from the get go outlining WHAT they intend to fix.
This would maybe gain them some trust back. Until then...... :thumbsdown::mad:

i dont think the patches are installing on my game wen i load it up it never said anything about updating does it tell u its updateing wen u put ur patches on
Are you on PC?

If so, then it should be running through steam, which automatically updates the game when a patch is released. You should see a download box appear when you try to boot the game.

Unless you have a pirated copy, in which case you cannot get the patches...

@MarkVenom

Fair point, there are a couple of aspects that need fixing.

However, remember way back when you said they wouldn't fix this issue?

Well.....
http://community.codemasters.com/t5/F1-2013-General-Discussion/F1-2013-PC-Patch-2/m-p/390880#U390880

Let me recite from that link: ' The difference now should be negligible and should allow fair competition between all players'

So there still is???? This is amateurish and goes to show how BAD this is coded. I don't call that fixed at all.

Edit: Love it when people dislike truth. Makes me crack up. Sheeple.

Last edited:
Let me recite from that link: ' The difference now should be negligible and should allow fair competition between all players'

So there still is???? This is amateurish and goes to show how BAD this is coded. I don't call that fixed at all.
Woah, dude, that was like 2 weeks ago hahah

Also, wasn't the argument about whether or not the rubbering in effect appears or not? Not about the latency problems? I don't play online so I am not affected by this.

The line appears so I'm happy and the game is near perfect for me. I have been having awesome races so far. Really enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back