F1 2013 Rubbered In Track

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like some help guys.

I stole this image from another thread
Screenshot40705_zps06221996.png

My game does not rubber in like that, even with max settings. It hasn't rubbered in like that since 2010, and I haven't got it working since.

For guys who do get the rubbering in track, can you post your specs/game settings? I'd love to see this effect.

Dunno, to me the track looked to dark and the sky too oversaturated to be true... thats why i felt like it was a result of the mod or of how the shot was edited...

And I just tried this worker map "fix"...

http://community.codemasters.com/t5...t-rubber-in-no-drying-line/td-p/372642/page/4

and even still i wasnt able to get any rubber down
I was able to get the line to show up at 30fps, but that to me is painfully slow to play at.

hopefully some good can come of all your hard work!

^ agree that 30 fps is just terrible, the stutter and loss of FFB fidelity when locked at 30 fps is totally unacceptable... hope CM do a patch to make it work properly.

Lol....if you don't like it the don't use it and CM will not patch it.

No amount of messing around with the workermaps will ever fix this. You can make the line appear by changing the workermaps but that is simply because the changes to the workermap disrupt the memory allocation so much that the fps drops below 30.

Lol....if you don't like it the don't use it and CM will not patch it.

I'm gonna hold you to that. lol

I think CM will fix it. Maybe not in the next patch, but in subsequent ones. F1 2011 had a drying line bug and they fixed that.

This issue may be slightly more complex than the 2011 bug, but I still think they'll fix it.

Patience my friend.

="lawyer237, post: 1548617, member: 16423"]No, assuming you are starting the game and then killing the other 3 cores then the game will continue to try to run on workermap4 but there will be no threads active and it will turn into a slide show and, eventually, crash.

If you are disabling all but one core in the bios then you are running on 2 threads (assuming you have hyper threading enabled) and it will run very badly.

All the above aside, why are you doing any of this...just limit your frame rate to 30 fps, that can be done in a number of ways on an ati card.[/quote]

I've made a .bat file to start the game only on one core.

The line does't appear at all and frames go down to 37-40, and it is almost unplayable it's horrible.

How do you limit the frame rate on ati's?

Most important of all, does this rubber line has influence on lap times?

Thanks...

I think CM will fix it. Maybe not in the next patch, but in subsequent ones. F1 2011 had a drying line bug and they fixed that.

This issue may be slightly more complex than the 2011 bug, but I still think they'll fix it.

Patience my friend.

It is nothing to do with patience, it is to do with understanding why it is like it is and the other things changing it will alter....so, yes, we will see and I am perfectly confident what we will not see is a fix for it which is any better that what you have now.

"I've made a .bat file to start the game only on one core.

The line does't appear at all and frames go down to 37-40, and it is almost unplayable it's horrible.

Thanks..."

Hi,

I am 99% certain you can't run on one thread. I think you will find that you have hyper threading enabled and, therefore, on your i7 you have one core with 2 threads running. Depending how the bat file works and whether the game uses workermap2 or 4 (it will probably use 2), it will run like a slooooooooow, slow, slow thing and if it is trying to use workermap4 it will crash after a fairly short time.

I think MSI Afterburner or Radeon Pro will limit your ATI fps to 30.

It is a matter of debate as to whether the line influences lap time. My own view is yes it does as, personally, I find it useful as an indication of racing line but I have not bothered to check this out scientifically.

"I've made a .bat file to start the game only on one core.

Thanks..."

Hi,

I am 99% certain you can't run on one thread. I think you will find that you have hyper threading enabled and, therefore, on your i7 you have one core with 2 threads running. Depending how the bat file works and whether the game uses workermap2 or 4 (it will probably use 2), it will run like a slooooooooow, slow, slow thing and if it is trying to use workermap4 it will crash after a fairly short time.

I think MSI Afterburner or Radeon Pro will limit your ATI fps to 30.

It is a matter of debate as to whether the line influences lap time. My own view is yes it does as, personally, I find it useful as an indication of racing line but I have not bothered to check this out scientifically.

i can't find the site whre i found the commands to creat a the .bat file, but i'm sure i strated the game with only one core...

If people spent as much effort at trying to solve the problem as TRYING to be clever then we would all be better off.

I have had quite enough of the juveniles on here and CM's forums...off to find more fixes and......keep quiet about them!

C'mon mate, that was meant as a joke and I have done nothing but commend your efforts (on several occasions) on the Codemasters forum. I also made comment previously about doubting CM would even acknowledge this problem, let alone fix it, which is why I said I would ALSO enjoy eating those words. Lighten up a bit.

Patience my friend.
No hope here. They won't fix it. They won't even acknowledge it. Face it CM does not know how to install a PROPER F1 sim inside their shotty arcade engine. They sucked in F1 2010 with lack of performance, but at least the game around it was enjoyable. Since 2011 its just the same regurgitated, buggy **** without spirit and soul. Its like F1 magic in a can-stale and tasteless. Where is Geoff Crammond?????????

No hope here. They won't fix it. They won't even acknowledge it. Face it CM does not know how to install a PROPER F1 sim inside their shotty arcade engine. They sucked in F1 2010 with lack of performance, but at least the game around it was enjoyable. Since 2011 its just the same regurgitated, buggy **** without spirit and soul. Its like F1 magic in a can-stale and tasteless. Where is Geoff Crammond?????????
Except for the fact that they have acknowledged it, and are trying to fix it.

Well that does not constitute a commitment to release a patch fixing it. I may point you in this regard to a comment made a little bit further down the same thread, that reads:

Re: Tracks not rubbering-in...FPS to blame? CM plz respond.
[ Edited ]
Options

‎21-10-2013 08:49 PM - edited ‎21-10-2013 08:50 PM

CMjustbiglee wrote:
Hatta has passed this on to the team and they are looking into it.

Some excelent detective work by some of you in getting to the bottom of the problem and it helps speed along a fix. We'll let you know as soon as we know more.

My God, this problem started I believe in F1 2011 maybe even F1 2010, they managed to ingnore it until now.

How about the ps3 version? We have no rubbering in line also??

And this is my point. I had hopes EVERY god damn year to get a fix for what really mattered at the time and never got anything but a patch, that broke more than it fixed. Remember the GFX debacle of 2010? Once they almost had it peerformance wise they broke dynamic weather and it's display. Or how about last years release of a patch that closed the gap between pro and legend level leaving anyone being to good for Amateur but too slow for Pro completely in the rain. Could have been a quick fix, I mean REALLY quick fix. But NEVER came. Codelosers is a blunder after blunder corp. And that this year they have the nerve to charge AU$79.00 for the product after the experience the years before is a very tasteless example of corporate idiocracy. Should have torrented it as I originally intended to do. At the point of no return now. I will NEVER again buy anything with the label Codemasters on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 326 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%