F1 2013 Rubbered In Track

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like some help guys.

I stole this image from another thread
Screenshot40705_zps06221996.png

My game does not rubber in like that, even with max settings. It hasn't rubbered in like that since 2010, and I haven't got it working since.

For guys who do get the rubbering in track, can you post your specs/game settings? I'd love to see this effect.

Well I do 100% distances, and so far for me it only appears and develops in GP mode. It doesn't seem to show up in career mode.

I GP mode it looks fantastic though.

So i just did a few more tests, and found out that the rubbered in line does not develop when Dynamic weather is activated.
The track only rubbers in when its in Clear, Light cloud or overcast. But not dynamic.

So i just did a few more tests, and found out that the rubbered in line does not develop when Dynamic weather is activated.
The track only rubbers in when its in Clear, Light cloud or overcast. But not dynamic.

I've done 8 100% career races. And in every session the track is rubbering in. Also some grand prix races with Dynamic weather on and the track is rubbering in.

I think its caused by something else but I don't know what it may be.

I've done 8 100% career races. And in every session the track is rubbering in. Also some grand prix races with Dynamic weather on and the track is rubbering in.

I think its caused by something else but I don't know what it may be.
Okay, it could just be my setup. Who knows? ahah

All I know is that for me, it only rubbers in when it's not on dynamic weather.

I do not think that the issue has anything to do with graphic settings or graphic cards but is an issue with the workermaps, the detection of hyper threading and the allocation of particular functions to various cores/threads. I believe it to be an issue with some, but not necessarily all, Intel i7s (the older ones I think). The issue causes problems with the rubbering-in line and, I believe, the drying line.

I have 2 systems. One is an old’ish AMD processor and one a slightly newer Intel i7. The AMD will show a very obvious and impressive rubbering-in line, no problems at all. The faster, newer Intel will not. Today I have changed over the graphic card from the AMD to the Intel and it makes no difference at all. I have also copied over (from the AMD) and set as read only, the various hardwaresettings.xmls. No matter what I try I cannot succeed in getting the Intel to show the rubbering-in line. I have also put the graphics card from the Intel into the AMD and, sure enough, the rubbering-in line appears. Therefore, it would seem not to be a graphics card issue.

Obviously, both systems are running the same settings in F1 2013 and the same version of Windows 7 (64 bit) and both have the same graphics drivers, screen resolution and other windows settings. Therefore, it would not seem to be an OS issue.

So far as I can see the only difference between the 2 systems is memory and CPU. Both systems have 12GB (one is Kingston and one Crucial with the same memory timings) so I do not think that relevant. It makes no difference if the CPUs are o/c or not. Therefore, the only difference I can really see is the CPU.

I am not sure about this but I do not believe the issue afflicts all Intel CPUs but with Codemasters who knows!

Ah....some progress....I have located which setting(s) in workermap4 need to be changed to make the rubbering-in line to appear....right now, regrettably, I can make it appear but it slows everything else down (to a crawl).

I am guessing that there is a very delicate balancing between resources, CPU threads etc and that getting the rubbering-in line back (at least on some Intels) has adverse consequences to other things!

If I can't crack this in the next hour I will post what I have changed and see if someone much brighter than me can solve it.

After more testing, it appears I could have gotten it wrong.

I completed a full weekend at Suzuka with light cloud, and didn't get a rubbering line.
I then went and selected "Race Only" and I did get the rubbered line.

More tests will be needed today to see if it works with dynamic weather. I'm betting it does, which means it's not something to do with the weather presets. It's to do with the length of the weekend it seems. Not sure about the in between lengths, but I know that it doesn't work on a full weekend, and does work with "Race only".

The problem for those that get no rubbering-in line at all (as opposed to those that get it at some races) has nothing to do with the weather or the type/lenth of a race it is to do with the allocation of cores in the workermap. It is easy to get the drying line to appear in every race but it slows other things down...drastically.

There may well be another problem for those that can get a rubbering-in line but that is a different issue.

I don't get it though, if it's to do with the Workermapcore files, then surely the rubbering in line should either always appear, or never appear? Surely?

I experienced these worker map core file problems with F1 2010 as well. But they released a patch and fixed it. So I'm hoping they're able to fix it this year. I don't see why not.

I have an intel i7 2600k on an asus mobo 8gb ram 2 x 560ti oc in Sli and have never seen the rubbering at any races in any mode !

I feel kinda ripped off as it does look so good in the images. Hope you get it fixed mate or codies patches it :(

i am on low settings , not the least ! and i get rubbering on the corners after a few laps and becomes more and more as laps go on , the track looks used once near the end of the race , i am on 1024 X 768 ( thats the numbers i think ) and only shadows and vehicle reflections on medium , everything else on low / off (except skid marks on ) .

EDIT : i get rubbering on grand prix mode and career mode in classics and 2013 when on dry

What CPU and Graphics card do you have ? ie. AMD or Intel and Nvidia or ?

asking because it is said AMD users get the rubbering in but Intel and Nvidia mostly do not.

I am on Intel i7 2600k and nvidia 560 x2 Sli mode and do not get the effect.

What CPU and Graphics card do you have ? ie. AMD or Intel and Nvidia or ?

asking because it is said AMD users get the rubbering in but Intel and Nvidia mostly do not.

I am on Intel i7 2600k and nvidia 560 x2 Sli mode and do not get the effect.

I am on onboard intel graphics i3 processor , just enough fps to play properly offline

Well, I have today tried a brand new non sandybridge i5 4670K system with an NVidia card (gtx 650 ti Boost) and it makes no difference at all. So, right now, my only conclusion is that the real rubbering-in line only appears on my AMD system.

If I could post a pic here I would post one showing just how dramatic the line actual is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 67 6.8%