Screenshot_rss_gtm_bayro_6_ks_nordschleife_21-2-120-22-7-59.jpg

Hi all,

A new version 2.0 update is available for RSS GTM Bayro 6 V8 for Assetto Corsa.

The changelog features significant graphical updates on the car including a new vehicle lighting system: light them up in the dark! Another much-requested change is the reworked and noticeably louder engine!

For a full list of changes, please see the changelog file included inside the download package!

Also, please don't forget we have our 33%-OFF sale until March 1st, 2020.

Wonderful update to the sound, but the first time the new screech sound came on, it about scared me half to death. I thought someone ran over my cat. :) One question though, are the digital numbers on top of the windshield suppose to display position? Mine always say 01 and trust me, i'm never in first place. Does that have to be included in the ext_config file?

No, cars always show first lumirank position (in replays), afaik.
BTW, wats up with the side brake lights visible only at a certain distance/when the lod changes, maybe some csp bug? It works ok in showroom.

No, cars always show first lumirank position (in replays), afaik.
BTW, wats up with the side brake lights visible only at a certain distance/when the lod changes, maybe some csp bug? It works ok in showroom.
It's a temporary problem with csp, glass material properties for rear lights cause it (also a crazy ghost car); hopefully a fix will come csp-side. For now, you can just comment/remove the whole [MATERIAL_GLASS] section on the ext_config.ini (lines 55 to 60), even if rear lights won't look so good on LODA (deep red). It's MaskPass >0 in particular, but if you just change that, they'll look worse without other tweaks to that section.

Last edited:
It's a temporary problem with csp, glass material properties for rear lights cause it (also a crazy ghost car); hopefully a fix will come csp-side. For now, you can just comment/remove the whole [MATERIAL_GLASS] section on the ext_config.ini (lines 55 to 60), even if rear lights won't look so good on LODA (deep red). It's MaskPass >0 in particular, but if you just change that, they'll look worse without other tweaks to that section.

Would you happen to know if one of the settings in the ext_config file controls the glow panel brightness. I'm working on making a glow panel that only lights up the number. So far it's gone well by making the glow panel simply a number, but the brightness needs increased. I can't do it through the panel itself or it will turn the number grey and doesn't look right in the daytime with the lights off.

@racinjoe013 Not entirely sure if this is what you want, but try the following:
On your skin folder (so it'll only work for it) create a ext_config.ini file with:
Code:
[EMISSIVE_LIGHT_0]
NAME=Door_Number_R
COLOR=3,3,1.7

[EMISSIVE_LIGHT_1]
NAME=Door_Number_L
COLOR=3,3,1.7
Then tweak the original COLOR value to you liking. Pe, COLOR=3,3,1.7,100 will make the emissive 100x "stronger" when lights are on (the last value after coma multiplies previous 3 RGB values). You can directly change the RGB values instead, of course.

Screenshot_rss_gtm_bayro_6_mugello_25-2-120-20-3-35.jpg

Last edited:
@racinjoe013 Not entirely sure if this is what you want, but try the following:
On your skin folder (so it'll only work for it) create a ext_config.ini file with:
Code:
[EMISSIVE_LIGHT_0]
NAME=Door_Number_R
COLOR=3,3,1.7

[EMISSIVE_LIGHT_1]
NAME=Door_Number_L
COLOR=3,3,1.7
Then tweak the original COLOR value to you liking. Pe, COLOR=3,3,1.7,100 will make the emissive 100x "stronger" when lights are on (the last value after coma multiplies previous 3 RGB values). You can directly change the RGB values instead, of course.

That could be what I am looking for. Going to go and try it now. Thanks for the help.

Worked perfect. Now I just need to balance the brightness. Thank you so much for the help. Now I just have to decide if I prefer to have a lighted number or a full lit panel. Which one would be more accurate to real life?

Screenshot_rss_gtm_bayro_6_monza_25-2-120-15-45-2.jpg

Np, glad it worked. If you're going for accuracy, that'll depend on the particular livery and series it belongs to (also for tone, more blue or green, etc. You'll see both scenarios for different racing M6's.

Yeah, I got some playing around to do tonight. You also got me thinking about how to solve another problem with my full panel version. I never liked the panel versions because you could see the panel in the day time and it didn't blend well with the number plate. I tried making an almost completely transparent panel but when you do that, it doesn't light up too bright. With this brightness multiplier you showed me, I might be able to get make a virtually transparent panel and just up the brightness multiplier to get it to light up. That way in the day time I won't see the panel edges on the number plate.

Man, I may never get this skin finished now.

Won't setting the diffuse of Glow.dds to visually match color as the panel background (on your EXT_Extra_Logos_HR.dds) solve the "issue"?

Edit: Nvm the poor execution, it's just a test:
Screenshot_rss_gtm_bayro_6_mugello_25-2-120-21-30-39.jpgScreenshot_rss_gtm_bayro_6_mugello_25-2-120-21-30-38.jpg

But even then, IRL that tonal difference should be able to be seen: photo

Last edited:
Won't setting the diffuse of Glow.dds to visually match color as the panel background (on your EXT_Extra_Logos_HR.dds) solve the "issue"?

Edit: Nvm the poor execution, it's just a test:
View attachment 352007View attachment 352008

But even then, IRL that tonal difference should be able to be seen: photo

It's hard because the panel I am using is not one solid color so I picked one spot in the middle and used that for my glow color and have been trying to adjust the layer opacity to make it disappear. Up until now that caused brightness issues when I made it virtually disappear. Now with the brightness multiplier, I can set the opacity to 5 and ramp up the multiplier to get it nice and bright. Maybe I should just look for a new number panel that is one solid color instead so I don't have to mess with the opacity level.

BTW, how do I read the light colors? Never seen them referenced not as a whole number. Obviously 3,3,1.7 is not an rgb code.

Last edited:
Better or too blue?

Screenshot_rss_gtm_bayro_6_monza_25-2-120-17-14-57.jpg

It just hit me, this is probably not the thread for this conversation. I should start a new one in the main modding discussion forum. This spot is supposed to be for RSS information I imagine.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.