CC, we all know you love WiP pictures, and many others do, too!

But you do realize you can put multiple pictures in a single post... right?

CC, we all know you love WiP pictures, and many others do, too!

But you do realize you can put multiple pictures in a single post... right?
I like to evaluate which pictures people enjoy the most placing 20 in one post takes away this activity for me so less enjoyment.

• Deleted member 955978

•tumdidum•

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried it. Sound is more than I expected, BUT....

This car really needs optimization, as I thought it would. I only get 45 fps at best in 20 car race. While same scenario with 20 URD EGT Bayros have solid 60fps. And I don't even have VR, so I NEVER see the inside of the car besides dashboard. So, I bought the mod now, but it will become relevant for me only after I spend another 600$-1000$ on my PC.

Got it, you are farming likes. Oh well. To each their own.
Just tried it. Sound is more than I expected, BUT....

This car really needs optimization, as I thought it would. I only get 45 fps at best in 20 car race. While same scenario with 20 URD EGT Bayros have solid 60fps. And I don't even have VR, so I NEVER see the inside of the car besides dashboard. So, I bought the mod now, but it will become relevant for me only after I spend another 600$-1000$ on my PC.
That URD Bayro is like 180k triangles way less than official content specifications, more in terms of RF2 pipeline, if you want to compare FPS please use the official 2017 Porsche Cup will give you a way better idea of the actual performance of the car, your saying our car is too high but the URD car is way too low, it’s not really a comparison thx for the feedback, the car performs similar to previous rss releases from me.

That URD Bayro is like 180k triangles way less than official content specifications, more in terms of RF2 pipeline, if you want to compare FPS please use the official 2017 Porsche Cup will give you a way better idea of the actual performance of the car, your saying our car is too high but the URD car is way too low, it’s not really a comparison thx for the feedback, the car performs similar to previous rss releases from me.
Well, Kunos Porsche Cup has 60 fps too on same track, same 20 cars. RSS GT-N Porshce - 50-55 fps.

I'm not trying to bash your great work. Just maybe there is something you can do about LODs for low systems like mine: i5 4670K@4.6, 16 GB DDR3, 1060 6GB.

Well, Kunos Porsche Cup has 60 fps too on same track, same 20 cars. RSS GT-N Porshce - 50-55 fps
That also can happen because of other reasons.
I've lately downloaded lots of skins for GTE/GT3 cars to fill up my field and FPS dropped down from capped 144 to 55-70. I went to the skins and found out that besides 4K skin, many of the car team folders have completely unncecessary 2k-4k textures of tyres (especially the blurred ones), or 4k textures of just solid color, or flat normal map, or texture that was low-res originally that was bumped up to 4K while nothing was added to it. Sometimes even the car skins themselves are 2K, but have lots of other 4K stuff i listed. So I've made a script for PS for quick reducing the resolution, passed all textures in question through that, and my FPS are back to 144.

That also can happen because of other reasons.
I've lately downloaded lots of skins for GTE/GT3 cars to fill up my field and FPS dropped down from capped 144 to 55-70. I went to the skins and found out that besides 4K skin, many of the car team folders have completely unncecessary 2k-4k textures of tyres (especially the blurred ones), or 4k textures of just solid color, or flat normal map, or texture that was low-res originally that was bumped up to 4K while nothing was added to it. Sometimes even the car skins themselves are 2K, but have lots of other 4K stuff i listed. So I've made a script for PS for quick reducing the resolution, passed all textures in question through that, and my FPS are back to 144.
Interesting information. But I just stick to stock skins.
If I mix RSS BMW with Kunos cars, fps goes up. BTW, I do testing on my own mod track, that's why overall benchmark fps is so low. But the gap to max fps still remains.

Interesting information. But I just stick to stock skins.
If I mix RSS BMW with Kunos cars, fps goes up. BTW, I do testing on my own mod track, that's why overall benchmark fps is so low. But the gap to max fps still remains.
Remove the GTD and GTLM skins both these are CSP upgrades with different rear wings and bonnet vents + roof details and such, will be a much higher impact over the stock GTM car, but again to be expected and nothing out of the ordinary.

Remove the GTD and GTLM skins both these are CSP upgrades with different rear wings and bonnet vents + roof details and such, will be a much higher impact over the stock GTM car, but again to be expected and nothing out of the ordinary.

I will follow up with probably stupid question, because I have no idea how car mods in AC are made. Is there any way that it may be physics of the RSS cars that impact my cpu more than others? I mean, higher update frequencies, or more detailed colliders? My system in general handles 20 or more cars in AC pretty bad, RSS stuff is just..well..worse. And lowering visual settings don't really help.

I will follow up with probably stupid question, because I have no idea how car mods in AC are made. Is there any way that it may be physics of the RSS cars that impact my cpu more than others? I mean, higher update frequencies, or more detailed colliders? My system in general handles 20 or more cars in AC pretty bad, RSS stuff is just..well..worse. And lowering visual settings don't really help.
Colliders could cause some impact but they would need to be stupidly high,
Normally cars are usually around 250-270 k triangles in AC official cars, so gives a decent enough performance as long as you only run the stock AC liveries, most our recent stuff is all 4K liveries, I’ll look into making a 2k skin pack which is more performance orientated I imagine will help.

Colliders could cause some impact but they would need to be stupidly high,
Normally cars are usually around 250-270 k triangles in AC official cars, so gives a decent enough performance as long as you only run the stock AC liveries, most our recent stuff is all 4K liveries, I’ll look into making a 2k skin pack which is more performance orientated I imagine will help.

+1 for the 2K skin pack

I would certainly use it when racing in multiplayer while in VR !

Reactions: CC

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back