I noticed that in the Ferruccio 55 there is a W indicator, which looks like 'water temperature' since it is close to a 'O' showing a two values digit. However, that 'w' shows the rpm, so I am confused. Is it a mistake or not?
Its been such a long time but i do seem to remember seeing some reference for the display that didnt seems to make a whole lot of sense to me. But I’m 90% sure its not a mistake, just an oddity.

Bought the pack tonight, must say I am not happy for the first time with RSS products. Cars have too much snap oversteer, which is almost impossible to control as it happens out of the blue most of the time and is very annoying. Not even the 917/30 shows this kind of behaviour, and that car has much more power, worse tyres and aero/chassis .When the car is up at high speed, it is then basically glued to the track. Might be correct, but it feels weird. It feels as if you are driving an F1 car from the same period, which seems odd to me considering these are GTs. Feeling is close to the F2004 from Kunos in that regard.

Overall, physics are not convincing to me. Not at all. As I said, it is the first time I am so disappointed in a RSS production. I'll try and get some more time into it, but right now I feel a bitter taste.

I noticed that in the Ferruccio 55 there is a W indicator, which looks like 'water temperature' since it is close to a 'O' showing a two values digit. However, that 'w' shows the rpm, so I am confused. Is it a mistake or not?
Sad to hear you don't like the mod, I love it! I know it may be not related with your "snap oversteer" issue, but do you blip the gas when downshifting? I always do that in the Ferruccio otherwise the rear wheels just lock, I think these cars need the heel & toe thing.

Bought the pack tonight, must say I am not happy for the first time with RSS products. Cars have too much snap oversteer, which is almost impossible to control as it happens out of the blue most of the time and is very annoying. Not even the 917/30 shows this kind of behaviour, and that car has much more power, worse tyres and aero/chassis .When the car is up at high speed, it is then basically glued to the track. Might be correct, but it feels weird. It feels as if you are driving an F1 car from the same period, which seems odd to me considering these are GTs. Feeling is close to the F2004 from Kunos in that regard.

Overall, physics are not convincing to me. Not at all. As I said, it is the first time I am so disappointed in a RSS production. I'll try and get some more time into it, but right now I feel a bitter taste.

Try different driving techniques. I have no problem with those cars. I drive Murcielago and Saleen on regular basis and they are fine, I raced 550 in a league as well and it's fine; it didn't put the power down like a GT3 can, but keep in mind the amount of torque this cars have, specially the Viper. I even tried driving these cars with a gamepad and they are still driveable. The cars also have a lot of downforce, so they might feel glued at high speed, but I also noticed that the default setup has too much downforce for some tracks, on some cars. The first few drives I had with these cars, I had impression that they were a bit strange and had too much grip, these were the older versions though, initial release. I got used to them pretty quickly however and love them. If you doubt the capabilities of these cars, drive MC12 GT1 and you will see that it also feels glued and it breaks traction if you look at the throttle wrong, also bare in mind that the power and torque were reduced for later spec GT1 cars as well as the downforce was reduced, at least on MC12 from the original 2004 spec.
These cars are supposed to be snappy and difficult to drive, but also immensely capable since they were top of a line GT cars, plus this was the pinnacle of professional GT racing, so I imagine they wouldn't be easy to drive.

may be not related with your "snap oversteer" issue, but do you blip the gas when downshifting?

yes I do ;) my issue is related to on-throttle oversteer, not loss of traction under braking; thanks nontheless

These cars are supposed to be snappy and difficult to drive

Please. I understand when a car is hard to drive, or supposed to be. In this case, the cars just exhibit a weird and unpredictable behaviour that seems more like an added thing, to make them artificially hard to drive, than a natural characteristic typical of them. Plus, they all feel the same in this regard, which again, sounds extremely odd to me as these cars have very different natures (most of them do). In any case, thank you for your reply ;)

I tried some more this morning but I feel even less convinced. I'll just consider them a missed shot on my side and move on.

Its been such a long time but i do seem to remember seeing some reference for the display that didnt seems to make a whole lot of sense to me. But I’m 90% sure its not a mistake, just an oddity.
I think there was some placeholder stuff there from memory as AC does not support the code,
but like you saying without checking its just speculation. :D

Not even the 917/30 shows this kind of behavior, and that car has much more power, worse tyres and aero/chassis
The example you've given represents the most opposite kind of behavior possible on corner entry, because of its welded rear differential and giant cross ply tyres that will only snap on you if forcefully unsettle the car to fight the natural under-steer. OTH, in these GT cars many things will contribute to a snap if not dealt with earlier.

As pointed above, the sequential gearbox present on these cars will only auto lift on gear up (iirc) but certainly not auto blip on gear down (unless you enable the in-game assistance), and these are 2004 tyres. The approach to a corner must be different from a modern GT, try to depend less on trail-braking deep into a corner and do most of your heavy braking earlier and in a straight line, after this, just fighting the under-steer on exit will be easier on you, if not boring, because of the patience it'll require to finally go full throttle.
You'll really need to blip on 3rd and 2nd gears while keeping brakes and car balance in check; brakes are very strong for the available grip, so don't let the rear lock (fortunately setup will help). The 55 is very critical in this and probably the hardest on the pack, while the 57 is way more permissive (Shadow is well behaved too, but the MR layout can make things a bit harder). After this, you'll find them way more predictable or even understeery.

There are many setup related things you can do to make your life easier on these cars, such as softening the rear some 2 clicks, avoiding softs (more abrupt traction loss) until you get the hang of it, reducing max brake power to the minimum (you'll still have lots of braking power, this will help a lot), and moving balance a bit further to the front some 2-4% until you start cooking the front tyres to much.

More experienced players will surely help you with better tips, good luck and have fun!

The example you've given represents the most opposite kind of behavior possible on corner entry, because of its welded rear differential and giant cross ply tyres that will only snap on you if forcefully unsettle the car to fight the natural under-steer. OTH, in these GT cars many things will contribute to a snap if not dealt with earlier.

As pointed above, the sequential gearbox present on these cars will only auto lift on gear up (iirc) but certainly not auto blip on gear down (unless you enable the in-game assistance), and these are 2004 tyres. The approach to a corner must be different from a modern GT, try to depend less on trail-braking deep into a corner and do most of your heavy braking earlier and in a straight line, after this, just fighting the under-steer on exit will be easier on you, if not boring, because of the patience it'll require to finally go full throttle.
You'll really need to blip on 3rd and 2nd gears while keeping brakes and car balance in check; brakes are very strong for the available grip, so don't let the rear lock (fortunately setup will help). The 55 is very critical in this and probably the hardest on the pack, while the 57 is way more permissive (Shadow is well behaved too, but the MR layout can make things a bit harder). After this, you'll find them way more predictable or even understeery.

There are many setup related things you can do to make your life easier on these cars, such as softening the rear some 2 clicks, avoiding softs (more abrupt traction loss) until you get the hang of it, reducing max brake power to the minimum (you'll still have lots of braking power, this will help a lot), and moving balance a bit further to the front some 2-4% until you start cooking the front tyres to much.

More experienced players will surely help you with better tips, good luck and have fun!

A couple posts before yours I said that my problem isn't on corner entry neither on braking.. It is the snap oversteer that the car suffers on low speed, which after a quick search is a common complaint in this thread for this pack.
Thanks for the tips though

@CC Here is a pic I sent you a while back of the 57 lights.

HaHLwAG.png

Tires created by David aren't the same as tires created by Aris. Two different philosophies on how cars drive/react.
This was very noticeable on the 787B. I might remember it wrong, but current Aris version seems tamer at low speed.

@leon_90 At mid to low speed, softening the rear rate a bit and significantly reducing Differential Power will make it possible to exit some corners in 2nd and 3rd gear earlier on the throttle without a snap (tried the 55 on Laguna), but at very low speeds I'm afraid it doesn't help so much in that characteristic.

@leon_90 At mid to low speed, softening the rear rate a bit and significantly reducing Differential Power will make it possible to exit some corners in 2nd and 3rd gear earlier on the throttle without a snap (tried the 55 on Laguna), but at very low speeds I'm afraid it doesn't help so much in that characteristic.

yeah diff and wheel rate are pretty much the only things dampening this issue, I experimented a little today; thanks mate ;)

Brightness definitely an issue, but the brake light colours being different is intentional.

Capture.JPG
I mean like, unless someone had just come back from rehab after having a nervous breakdown,
making the settings totally different on the brake lights would make no sense at all would it,
like instead of having only 1 single object in 3D space,
to actually detach part of that object and then make it 2x objects,
then name both objects differently, create textures with different values and settings,
then go inside the "data" folder and then change the lights settings and apply both the names from the 3d environment to give different values,

if this was by accident then obviously this person would be classed as insane.

Really surprising that there is a lack of reference as this car was quite popular at the time. Guess everything from around that time wasnt documented as much as today or perhaps was but isnt as accessible.

Really surprising that there is a lack of reference as this car was quite popular at the time. Guess everything from around that time wasnt documented as much as today or perhaps was but isnt as accessible.
I didn't find much either. Issue is too that most contemporary material as in photos are tiny...as it were with early '00s internet. Like 800x600, no details in those.

I didn't find much either. Issue is too that most contemporary material as in photos are tiny...as it were with early '00s internet. Like 800x600, no details in those.
Yeah I get that but you still see these cars quite often, I saw the RSRs on three occasions last year, london classic car show, goodwood festival of speed and porsche festival in brands hatch unfortunately I was more transfixed on the 919 evo. Kinda a bit annoyed that I was this close and didnt get some interior shots

a537c552874df894ec856256e096797d.jpg

Theres always next time. Most of the teams in my experience are pretty happy with us taking pictures of whatever we want.

Guess im gonna track down some of these teams and see if any of them are ok with me getting some interior shots of the car.

@A3DR is there anything in particular that you need pictures off, I can find owners of the "darche" reasonably easily, might be a bit difficult for the ferruccio though but if I ask around i might be able to find a few.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.