Short version: Released LMP1 pack with 5 (?) cars for 10 Euros back before Kunos released their first LMP1, promised more content and updates like working Hybrid, didn't deliver on promise, kept all their released content up to date though.
The GT500 package seems to have the same fate. The only car of three (the Nissan GT-R) was released in February of 2017, since then there haven't been any news. And unlike the announced LMP cars these cars are still up-to-date. Which didn't prevent them from starting yet another project, a GTE package (which only includes the Ford GT so far...)

It really seems like as soon as URD doesn't have to fulfil an ironclad contract they pretty much do what's in their mood.

The only car of three (the Nissan GT-R) was released in February of 2017, since then there haven't been any news.
Yes they did abandon their original plan. Their current plan is to make the 2018 gt500 cars. The honda and lexus are being made, they're still unsure if they'll replace the nissan with the 2018 version.

Not quite. There is balancing based on engine capacity IIRC, plus they played around with wing span etc too (look at the narrow wing on the MC12 for example).

It obviously didn't work, with the 550 being pretty dominant at times, but thats not to say they didn't try to balance them.

That wasn't bop, that was a penalty for not producing enough road cars. Exactly the same happened to Saleen, for the same reason.

That wasn't bop, that was a penalty for not producing enough road cars. Exactly the same happened to Saleen, for the same reason.
They certainly had restrictors for different weights/engine capacities, there is a table in the regs. That definitely seems like a form of balancing if you ask me :) So yeah, its not done reactively to each cars performance, but they preemptively balance the cars - but not super effectively as we see with the results.

bop.JPG

These cars are amazing. One question. In pretty much every car I’m overheating the tires.

Am I just pushing too hard or are the tire pressures too high by default?

These cars are amazing. One question. In pretty much every car I’m overheating the tires.

Am I just pushing too hard or are the tire pressures too high by default?

U should put more air in when overheating, not less. the default for all the cars is way to low. about 24 you need for thje first 3, and about 18-20 lambo/saleen. The softs will overheat very easy, and mediums will too if its hot enough, on the first 3 released cars.

Hey, just a shout out too all the RSS crew and all the other great modders (you know who you are) for AC bringing top quality content despite the odd delay or too. The vast majority love your work and long may it continue.

Exactly :cool:

Not yet, once the GT1 final pack is release we'll move on to the next.

Alright ! Also, screw the haters, the silent majority knows you guys will deliver as always.

Big up to the whole team, as a CG artist myself I am always stunned by the quality that is showcased around here :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.